13:48, Wed 7 Apr
One of the strangest games I ever went to at Stans was the 5th Round of the league cup on Wednesday 19 December 1973 witch I think was a 2.00pm kick off. We were in the miners strike period and due to the tree day week no electric for floodlights was available. I must have had the afternoon off collage and we lost to Division 3 Plymouth A 2-1. Not a bad crowd of 15273 for Wednesday afternoon. There were good few from Plymouth as I remember.
13:56, Wed 7 Apr
My old man has told me about going to that game in the past.
15:16, Wed 7 Apr
I was there. First game I ever went to on my own at the age of 9.

Went in school uniform as we'd finished at lunchtime. Was meant to go home change and come back for school Xmas party. Chose The Blues instead.

Dave Latchford wore a red top and it took me virtually the whole of the first half to work out why.
I went aswell and i was also 9 yers old. Went with 5 or 6 mates. Can't imagine 9 year olds doing that nowadays!
Typical Blues, really thought we were wembley bound that year. 🙁
16:44, Wed 7 Apr
I was in 5th year at Northfield Comp at lunchtime about 60 of us just walked out of school
and jumped on the bus into town.

We all thought we would be in massive trouble but probably got let off due to the numbers.

At assembly the next day the head teacher said we were all stupid for missing lessons but the
result was punishment enough.
17:26, Wed 7 Apr
Didn’t Paul Mariner play for Plymouth that day,he was some player.
18:02, Wed 7 Apr
Yes I think he ran us ragged that day
My mate wagged the afternoon off school to go. Coming home and crossing Green Lane, in the car that stopped for him was one of our teachers - bit of a risk when your school is in Small Heath.

He only got the piss taken by said teacher.
19:49, Wed 7 Apr
GBlue
I was in 5th year at Northfield Comp at lunchtime about 60 of us just walked out of school
and jumped on the bus into town.

We all thought we would be in massive trouble but probably got let off due to the numbers.

At assembly the next day the head teacher said we were all stupid for missing lessons but the
result was punishment enough.

I love that. These days there would be a social-media outcry and the head would be villified, Blues crucified for letting kids in, parents blamed etc etc.
08:33, Thu 8 Apr
Walsall 1875
Didn’t Paul Mariner play for Plymouth that day,he was some player.

Some footage here. Including John Roberts "taking out" Paul Mariner with a deliberate elbow.

Saw this a few years ago on a Plymouth fan site. Looks like they simply uploaded this bit to YT as it appears to be local (to them) commentary.

Like several others on here, several of us from KN Grammar took the afternoon off school.

However, it wasn’t such a big thing for us as for some - it was the last week before the Christmas holiday, and we were in the Sixth Form and had Games all afternoon. We just went and told the Games teacher where we were going and he agreed to keep it quiet.

Don’t think I’d have had the nerve to do it a year before if I’d had maths and English!
09:55, Thu 8 Apr
Great that, even if we did lose. KRO
09:58, Thu 8 Apr
Can I add Dave (or Bob as the commentator thought) Latchford to my list of shit things from the 70s?
12:22, Thu 8 Apr
Charcy
Can I add Dave (or Bob as the commentator thought) Latchford to my list of shit things from the 70s?

I don't know how much you saw of us in the 70's, however we definitely weren't as shit as you say, however everything is relative, and the illustrious years previous and after highlight this.