10:26, Mon 13 Sep
Bluesince62
But this is blues eh lads. Mid-table obscurity? Nah. We will be in and around the play offs no danger. If we do finish mid-table then I will guarantee the drama will take place off the park. Always something happening down our way (ok usually bad) but it’s why I love em.

I'm certainly not saying mid table is what I want, just that after our last 5 finishes I'd take it. There is nothing to say we can't finish higher imo, no reason not to dream.

High Aspiration Low Expectation
11:13, Mon 13 Sep
According to Troy interview on Ben fosters podcast when Troy said one day he would like to buy us two other ex blues players contacted him and said they would be interested in some type of consortium. Not sure which ex players they are but sounds promising if true...
11:19, Mon 13 Sep
Superkevinfrancis
According to Troy interview on Ben fosters podcast when Troy said one day he would like to buy us two other ex blues players contacted him and said they would be interested in some type of consortium. Not sure which ex players they are but sounds promising if true...

Saying "I'd like to buy the club" and actually doing so are about a zillion miles apart in all fairness
12:01, Mon 13 Sep
El Mayor
Man Lyk GroundRepair
Well King now has St Andrews - a multi million pound asset - which could be used as collateral for another of his business dealings, couldn't it?

Mayor - have you also heard about the panel in China calling the shots for the stadium repairs? My understanding is the club have to go to the panel for approval before any stadium work is done. It's being blamed as main reason for the delays in remedial work completion.

You on about this strategic committee?

Can’t see it myself. Afaik they only ever met once

Not sure. From speaking to someone working on the remedial activities, they said as the repairs have progressed more and more issues were found and reported to the club, but then there is always lag in response/direction due to club having to speak with a "panel in China" to get the OK to proceed.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I partly wondered whether it was linked to BCFC not owning the stadium any more meaning they need Ming-Ming's (King's) blessing to do the repairs on their asset. 🤷🏼‍♂️
13:07, Mon 13 Sep
That’s somewhat intriguing. I’ll see what I can dig up
14:35, Mon 13 Sep
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
09:51, Tue 14 Sep
Yes I know but I was interested to know who the two ex players would of been as must have some serious financial clout to even consider
Superkevinfrancis
Yes I know but I was interested to know who the two ex players would of been as must have some serious financial clout to even consider

Maybe Zigic was shrewdly investing he 50k a week over all those years!
I was thinking maybe Trevor could of been one and maybe Bruce...he must have a few quid tucked away for a rainy day...kro
11:46, Tue 14 Sep
Do you really think 3 ex players are going to have £150m between them (that's not what we're worth but what the current owners would probably be looking for to cover their losses).

I don't.
11:50, Tue 14 Sep
Not a chance they would - they'd need serious backing themselves and they would just be the 'front' men. Sad state football is in when you need to be virtually a billionaire to take on even a 2nd division club now.
11:53, Tue 14 Sep
Exactly. Blues are probably worth no more than £30/40m (especially now the ground isn't ours) but you'd have to pay 3 or 4 times that to get us. No sane person is ever, ever going to do that.
12:07, Tue 14 Sep
number8
Do you really think 3 ex players are going to have £150m between them (that's not what we're worth but what the current owners would probably be looking for to cover their losses).

I don't.

And that's just to pay for it.

Then there are running costs...
17:17, Tue 14 Sep
It would be a consortium you f some type...go have a watch of Ben fosters podcast with Troy deeney...I'm only saying what was said not that it would happen...don't shoot the messenger and all that kro ...
17:20, Tue 14 Sep
In the podcast he calls Jaykae a Sausage (accurate) for mentioning it.

Troy basically views it as a long-term dream more than anything and he's said he'd be fronting it with two others but it would have to be with serious financial backing

It won't happen.