12:04, Mon 13 Sep
And losing wickets even quicker.

Arise Sir Dom...
No future.....
12:09, Mon 13 Sep
If they can manage to get to a 150 lead, then we might actually have a chance of winning!
12:12, Mon 13 Sep
...and it continues...

Was about to say that was missing leg stump, then realised the bails had come off...
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
mad
12:35, Mon 13 Sep
Tony Pigott will likely already be up there

They've clearly produced a result wicket and overheads are making things even more tricky

Saw England skittled for 67 just 2 years ago up there. 2 days later Ben Stokes heroics turned the game on its head

Pitches like this can and sometimes do deaden after a couple of days but I can't see it with this one.

Need 150 get a 190+ lead and should be enough
12:47, Mon 13 Sep
mad
Yeah, anything near a 200 lead should be more than enough especially with Woakes back in the side.
No future.....
16:24, Mon 13 Sep
Target 224

Last three wickets added a handy 68 runs
16:25, Mon 13 Sep
Pitch getting better for batting
18:16, Mon 13 Sep
Weather not looking good for tomorrow.
18:16, Mon 13 Sep
Brilliant catch by Bresnan off the last ball of the day to remove Malan
mad
19:06, Mon 13 Sep
Scoobers

Not too sure about that, looked to me like both batting line ups applied themselves a little better, it also brightened up a bit after tea there was even some sunshine.

Good chance of winning now but Yorkshire will also fancy it. Win this and need Hants to stop Notts winning then still need favours elsewhere while beating Somerset last match.

Could potentially end up winning more games than the others but being denied the title due to paltry batting bonus points accrued over the 4 games which would sum up Bears batting really over the past ten/fifteen seasons
13:31, Tue 14 Sep
mad
mad
Scoobers

Not too sure about that, looked to me like both batting line ups applied themselves a little better, it also brightened up a bit after tea there was even some sunshine.

Good chance of winning now but Yorkshire will also fancy it. Win this and need Hants to stop Notts winning then still need favours elsewhere while beating Somerset last match.

Could potentially end up winning more games than the others but being denied the title due to paltry batting bonus points accrued over the 4 games which would sum up Bears batting really over the past ten/fifteen seasons

To think we used to have Bell / Trott in the middle order & before that (when I was a lad) Amiss, Jameson, Kanhai, Kallicharran.
mad
15:45, Tue 14 Sep
If Notts beat Hants they'll be virtually champions as a draw or lots of bonus points next week will be enough for them and they're at home so can prepare a very flat wicket with one very short leg side boundary if they want to. If Hants bowl them out it will make next week very close between 4 teams hopefully Bears amongst them if they can see off Yorkshire tomorrow.

It hasn't been a vintage championship season though and I defend the 4 day game to the hilt. There's been some good closely contested matches but no one side has stood out. There's no Bears mid-90's side for instance, no Mushtaq Ahmed inspired Sussex from the early-2000's, no Durham 2008-2013 with their battery of fast/fast medium bowlers or Yorkshire or Surrey (mercifully) who every now and then win a couple of titles on the bounce and the usual media cronies start predicting a lengthy era of dominance for either.

Notts are a side who were relegated in 2019 and were beaten twice by Bears this season (albeit very close contests) but have a mix of players picked up from neighbouring counties and seem to have stole in during a period of transition at the Div 1 counties
15:49, Tue 14 Sep
Don't forget MJK and Derryck Murray!
mad
19:07, Tue 14 Sep
Hampshire won. Dawson for England? Too late? I like Vince as a captain very astute last week holding the new ball back for a couple of extra overs so that Barker/Abbas could have two spurts with it either side of lunch

I wouldn't mind Hants winning as at least they've beaten us along the way and would be pleased for Barker and they've not won it since 1973 despite all the money thrown at it the last 15 years down there

Hampshire 58.5
Lancashire 54.5
Nottinghamshire 52
Yorkshire 41.5
Warwickshire 39
Somerset 26.5

Big opportunity to go second by half a point with one game to play for Bears tomorrow
19:17, Tue 14 Sep
mad
I've never been impressed with Dawson; he'd give you some runs but I'd rather pick Leach. Ideally they'd have given Parkinson a game at some point to have a look at him; presumably they won't take him to Australia now