10:41, Tue 14 Sep
Chris
Haha what an absolute weapon this bloke has turned into

It was two years ago tbf
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:45, Tue 14 Sep
Nikola Zigic
Enjoy Bowyer while you can, we've got a manager other people will want so I guess our owners will sack him soon.

Then people will be conned into blaming Bowyer.

Rinse repeat.

Much better just having shit managers nobody wants instead.

I think this myth of Rowett as the absolutely hard done by manager was dispelled with the way he left Derby.

As with most things there is blame on both sides.
10:47, Tue 14 Sep
Nikola Zigic
Chris

It was two years ago tbf

Hasn't covered himself in glory with some of his actions and comments very recently though, has he mate?

He's becoming pretty unlikeable and his star has faded football wise too.
10:47, Tue 14 Sep
Rasputin
TinaTractor
Why would West Ham be interested in Bowyer?! Remember all he has on his record so far is keeping us up after 6 games, taking Charlton down and getting them up in the play offs

A 50% win rate with a bunch of players that were absolutely hopeless prior to his arrival?

He would need a promotion to the prem as the bare minimum to get anywhere near the West Ham job. Their current manager almost got them Championship football.
11:03, Tue 14 Sep
Spike
Nikola Zigic
Chris

It was two years ago tbf

Hasn't covered himself in glory with some of his actions and comments very recently though, has he mate?

Yeah he’s got worse. H and others just won’t see what everyone else knows
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:04, Tue 14 Sep
Spike
Nikola Zigic
Chris

It was two years ago tbf

No he hasn't. He's gone downhill big time. I imagine being sacked completely out of the blue when you're doing a brilliant job will make you more cynical in football terms but his knee comments recently were very poor. Managerially he peaked with us.

I'm not his dad or his kid, I don't have blind loyalty to him, however I will absolutely refuse to agree that sacking him was a sensible decision and he deserved it.

His performance with those players was far above what anyone could expect, he wasn't perfect - that's why he's bounced around the championship- but he'd given us an identity and won the fans back after the shit of Clark.

The past is the past, we've got a better manager now and I hope he stays for a long time. What I know is inevitable though is that when Bowyer does leave some will try their best to blame the man himself rather than the club for a silly decision, if one is indeed made.

It is what it is.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
11:05, Tue 14 Sep
Mate the sacking really didn’t come out of the blue. Not that he’s likely to explain why 😉
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:22, Tue 14 Sep
If Bowyer goes around flashing his knickers at any club that whispers a sweet nothing in his direction then he may well get the same treatment.

You were fine with our manager being a slag because he did that thing you liked and kept you happy - others weren't.
11:25, Tue 14 Sep
Nikola Zigic
Spike
Nikola Zigic
Chris

It was two years ago tbf

No he hasn't. He's gone downhill big time. I imagine being sacked completely out of the blue when you're doing a brilliant job will make you more cynical in football terms but his knee comments recently were very poor. Managerially he peaked with us.

I'm not his dad or his kid, I don't have blind loyalty to him, however I will absolutely refuse to agree that sacking him was a sensible decision and he deserved it.

His performance with those players was far above what anyone could expect, he wasn't perfect - that's why he's bounced around the championship- but he'd given us an identity and won the fans back after the shit of Clark.

The past is the past, we've got a better manager now and I hope he stays for a long time. What I know is inevitable though is that when Bowyer does leave some will try their best to blame the man himself rather than the club for a silly decision, if one is indeed made.

It is what it is.

Sacking Rowett wasn’t the issue, it’s who they replaced him with and how they did. If Zola had won ten games on the spin we’d all be saying Gary who?
11:27, Tue 14 Sep
His performance with us over the first 12 months or so was outstanding, no doubt. After that - not so much, some of us (I think including you?) were picking up on that.

But hey, we've done all that before.

His sacking was not sensible, I still don't think. The timing wasn't anyway. And replacing him with Zola...well, we've done that one over as well.

The sacking wasn't a massive surprise given what had been going on, "deserve has got nothing to do with it" as Clint Eastwood once said. But he needed clipping, and I can easily understand why the club exec was pissed off with him. They should have given him the clip and called his bluff.

Derby he did a decent job - probably no more that would have been expected with a team of perennial bottlers. Then he did exactly what he did to us and finally shat all over them.

Stoke should have been as close to a nailed on promotion march as you could get, and he made a right arse of that.

And now he's so desperate to hang on to a middling job that he feels the need to sing a pretty unpleasant song to keep himself onside.

He's made increasingly bad decisions. He is still young enough to go again mind, but he needs to free his mind.
11:38, Tue 14 Sep
It came out of the blue to me at the time.

His job performance was very good and I was unaware of him trying to talk to other clubs.

Since us:

He did a good job at Derby.
Completely failed at Stoke.
Doing well at Millwall.

Interesting to note that most of his cohort from his Blues days are now at Millwall except for Kevin Poole (Solihull Moors) and Kevin Summerfield (no idea where he is)

They've even got Paul Robinson in their ranks these days.

As a manager, he's decent and does well with what he has. I don't think much of him as a person from what I read on this board/twitter and read his views on taking the knee.

I used to think "maybe one day he'll come back and we'll go up" but we've moved on and rightfully so.
11:43, Tue 14 Sep
Yeah it's all been done to death, the truth is out there but some refuse to see it and some refuse to acknowledge that the board went too far in sacking him maybe. Who cares anymore though. My car is now called Lee - I sold Gary 3 years ago.
11:44, Tue 14 Sep
I did not know Robinson was at Millwall. Yet another reason to hate the fannys.
11:56, Tue 14 Sep
number8
I did not know Robinson was at Millwall. Yet another reason to hate the fannys.

Yeah, Rowett wanted him onboard as a top-top-top-top professional and so he could bring him on in front of the back 8 to see games out.