17:31, Tue 14 Sep
We’ve got a good team, we absolutely should be aiming to get promoted. What’s the point otherwise?

Do I expect it, of course not. But it’s lovely to have optimism again.
17:35, Tue 14 Sep
Super Hans
It’s nice to see some positive posts tbf.

It is but some people build unrealistic expectations and when the team/players inevitably dont meet them, then they get absolute dogs abuse.

I'm all for it, if the abuse, when unrealistic expectations arent met, is kept at a low
17:40, Tue 14 Sep
I love the Blues, no abuse of the team ever from me
17:57, Tue 14 Sep
More chance of a donkey winning The Derby but we'll surprise a few this season
18:16, Tue 14 Sep
We'll finish 6th!

Beat the baggies in the final.
20:32, Tue 14 Sep
Love your optimism but no chance. We've had a great start and we're giddy but still sitting in about 8th.

It's too much of an ask I reckon.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
06:12, Wed 15 Sep
steve aerobic
I've got a feeling in my bones that this is our year, the right ingredients seem to be coming together in some magical way. There's always an unexpected dark horse, is this our year?

Me too!!

I’ve even had a few quid on us ffs 😁

A fool & his money eh?
06:50, Wed 15 Sep
steve aerobic
I've got a feeling in my bones that this is our year, the right ingredients seem to be coming together in some magical way. There's always an unexpected dark horse, is this our year?

I hope not as we don't have the players or resources to compete in the PL. We'd be another Derby County, maybe worse.

My dreams of promotion will only come when we get new owners.
07:04, Wed 15 Sep
I’d rather be shit in the prem with all the riches that brings than shit in this league tbf.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
07:06, Wed 15 Sep
You’ve got no worries of this happening, the premier league wouldn’t let us get promoted. Questions about our ownership would lower the whole brand and bring the focus onto the money behind football, which isn’t what they want. They want everyone to be talking about the players (which increases the value).

So if we’re anywhere near the running around Xmas then we’ll suddenly start getting some terrible decisions against us, the subsequent loss of ‘form’ and confidence will make the manager make changes, then we’ll start legitimately losing matches on our own. Then we’ll be grateful if we don’t get relegated.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think this is much more likely than the ‘P word’.

If we’re going to have a strange ownership model, then we need to at least get better at hiding it and have a presentable face as the ‘owner’, so the premier league and media can at least pretend that there’s nothing to see here.
07:38, Wed 15 Sep
This is bonkers paranoia. Nobody outside of Blues cares.
07:48, Wed 15 Sep
Lets re-visit this thread after the next 4 games.
07:50, Wed 15 Sep
Super Hans
I’d rather be shit in the prem with all the riches that brings than shit in this league tbf.

This, we’ve been in this league for 10 years and achieved nothing. We won’t progress until we have the big money, unfortunately, so we should take promotion whenever we can get it.

The very worst case scenario is we go down a much wealthier club, with a stronger squad and parachute payments on the way.

I don’t think we will go up but we should bloody well try and if Barnsley/Huddersfield/Burnley can do it or come close on smaller budgets than ours then we shouldn’t flap about it
08:01, Wed 15 Sep
We're clearly night and day from the Karanka team, and I see your optimism.

I think we may be too thin on quality throughout the squad so will need to be desperately luck with injuries/suspension/fatigue.

We're half decent though. In the one game we lost we were the better team. I suspect Fulham might give us a reality check tonight but like you I have been pleasantly surprised by the performances so far.
08:02, Wed 15 Sep
This 100%. Promotion is never a bad thing or at the wrong time. If you want to wait around for good owners then we'll never go up. Even if it meant worse points record/yo-yoing for seasons - the club would be financially stronger because of it and who knows? we may even not be 100 million in debt and with no ground.