12:18, Thu 16 Sep
David Xavis
One season in the Prem would provide sufficient income to the club to sort a lot of crap out.

Would it help us be rid of the shadowy owners? Who knows.

There are no negatives though.

No it wouldn't. It would barely make a dent. Income does not equal profits.
12:21, Thu 16 Sep
Slightly Turbid
David Xavis
One season in the Prem would provide sufficient income to the club to sort a lot of crap out.

How many Prem clubs operate to a profit?
12:43, Thu 16 Sep
David Xavis
Slightly Turbid
David Xavis

How many Prem clubs operate to a profit?

1 or 2.
12:52, Thu 16 Sep
Slightly Turbid
David Xavis

Our total costs this season should be well below £30m.
One season in the PL would provide income of almost £200m (spread over two seasons).
It wouldn't remove all the problems, but spent responsibly (ha!) it would make a significant difference.

I do not think we will go up. We will do well to make the play offs. Even then there is at best a 25% chance of promotion.
A season in the top half will be something of a relief after the past few seasons.
13:00, Thu 16 Sep
Our total costs this season should be well below £30m.
One season in the PL would provide income of almost £200m (spread over two seasons).
It wouldn't remove all the problems, but spent responsibly (ha!) it would make a significant difference.

I do not think we will go up. We will do well to make the play offs. Even then there is at best a 25% chance of promotion.
A season in the top half will be something of a relief after the past few seasons.[/quote]

Not if we get promoted they won't be. There will be huge promotion incentives and bonuses as part of the players' contracts. So we start of next season in the prem further behind than we would be if we didn't go up.
13:01, Thu 16 Sep
Are you mad?

Do you really think this team of free transfers has such large promotion incentives in their contracts that'd it'd wipe out £100m of tv money?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
13:03, Thu 16 Sep
I'm not really sure what your point is, even if the bonuses were 50 Million (They wouldn't) we'd still be in a much much stronger position than we currently are.

We'd be going from being completely broke to having lots of disposable income with which we can either bank or obtain assets of value.
13:05, Thu 16 Sep
Nikola Zigic
Are you mad?

Do you really think this team of free transfers has such large promotion incentives in their contracts that'd it'd wipe out £100m of tv money?

No, and no. I have not said the latter. Those free transfers will be on competitive championship wages with huge promotion bonuses the club doesn't expect to pay. If we go up they pay them, those players will then get % pay rises (probably already part of their contracts) and any new players brought in will command premiership wages and transfer fees.

100m doesn't go far in the premiership.

Oh yeah, and our debt is over 100m and we don't own the ground.

Its not me who is mad.

And to be clear, I still think promotion would be brilliant.
13:25, Thu 16 Sep
You've not really said anything there that we don't all already know

None of it makes promotion, or what comes after promotion, something to fear
13:28, Thu 16 Sep
Last night was bad. A foul on Bela for the first goal, a cock up for the penalty and comedy capers for their fourth. Since Bowyer arrived that stuff is unusual.

I also thought we played in a similar way as against Derby and the consequence was that their talented midfield players passed through us, to create chances, far too often. They have so much more talent than us.

We had lots of chances, mostly headers, and we could have scored a lot more. It was a strange game.

However, Bowyer has shown that he can make us competitive against most other teams in this division, apart, maybe, from the parachute payment teams, so I think we will continue in the top half and hope we make the play offs.
14:29, Thu 16 Sep
Le Mod
You've not really said anything there that we don't all already know

None of it makes promotion, or what comes after promotion, something to fear

There is only one fear in my mind from promotion.

Part of the deal that saw Vong Pech buy 21.64% of the club was that he would cover all the losses if we stayed in the champ… but would get all the profits if we went up.

That obviously adds a wrinkle to the equation
15:03, Thu 16 Sep
Yeah, that's outside of the points the fella is making, but granted.

On that subject, I thought it was 75% of the net profit made, capped at £30M per year? Even if we went up I doubt we'd make much of a net profit given we'd need a load of new players, but it does add a complexity.
15:26, Thu 16 Sep
I'm still confident, oddly last night has added to it....
15:44, Thu 16 Sep
I still don't think there is any negatives to promotion, not one - and I can't really see what it is you are trying to say, after saying promotion would be brilliant.
15:49, Thu 16 Sep
Le Mod
Yeah, that's outside of the points the fella is making, but granted.

On that subject, I thought it was 75% of the net profit made, capped at £30M per year? Even if we went up I doubt we'd make much of a net profit given we'd need a load of new players, but it does add a complexity.

It is capped at 30m, yes.