10:04, Fri 8 Oct
Charcy
The fact I began when we were down the bottom of the old second, going to the third shows how I am probably our best fan.

You started the same time as me, we lost my first game and the home fans sang "what a load of rubbish".

I still came back and therefore am a better fan than you.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:54, Fri 8 Oct
Both Wolves & Derby have won the league and the FA Cup (and Wolves have won the league cup as many times as we have, and been to a european final). Even if it was years ago, its still more than we've ever done. That's why people will look at them and see them as bigger than us (and these days we're a million miles away from Wolves).
10:57, Fri 8 Oct
Yeah well I'm not getting into it again, to me our clubs are comparable in size and support and the odd cup win 60 years ago isn't going to convince me any different.
11:06, Fri 8 Oct
Wlvxs have won Division 4 more times than we have.

That is how much bigger they are.

Without Fosun they would be a league one club.
11:10, Fri 8 Oct
Yeah I know - when Fosun picked them up they were not long back from league 1 and getting sucked into another relegation scrap in this division. The whole argument began over how we compare historically not just over the last 10 or 20 years. They have marginally bigger historic crowds, have been in the top flight about the same as us and won a bit more, but the difference really isn't huge.
I think the biggest difference between us and Wolves, Derby is we win the worst owners historically - hands down.
11:32, Fri 8 Oct
By the time I was old enough to follow football properly Wxlvxs were starting their tumble down the leagues.
It was marvellous to see them go down 4 years out of 5.

They were far worse than we have ever been. And that is saying something.
11:41, Fri 8 Oct
But if you're saying that, you have to admit they have been far better than we ever have in the past, as well as at present.
11:57, Fri 8 Oct
They had a few good years in the 1950s. Better than we have ever had.

Obviously they are better than us at the moment. I am not a reality denier.

I don't think it will last though. Once they stop being subsidised they will quickly drop out of the top flight. The money they raise from supporters puts them in the bottom five in the PL. It makes it difficult to stay up for long without significant financial help.
12:05, Fri 8 Oct
You could probably make that statement about all but 7 or 8 in the PL now though, its a different game to what was there before. Fan income is minimal to other commercial income (never mind the TV money).
12:15, Fri 8 Oct
You could probably make that statement about all but 7 or 8 in the PL now though, its a different game to what was there before. Fan income is minimal to other commercial income (never mind the TV money).

This is true - I'm of an era where support/crowd size bore a pretty good correlation to where you could be expecting to be competing - now, it's not that much of a factor.
12:20, Fri 8 Oct
Le Mod
All I can say is thank God the new generation Blues fans emerged like ourselves, after the boomers completely abandoned the club in the 80's. Fancy being spoilt with the bestest all conquering Blues teams of the 50's 60's and 70's and then abandoning us as soon as things got tough, nearly going bust. Makes you think.

💯
12:21, Fri 8 Oct
Once you are below the top 7 or 8 the rest do cycle through the PL.
Leicester wouldn't be up there without their owners subsidizing them.

The bigger London clubs have a structural advantage in that they get larger sponsorships and can raise ticket prices. Liverpool & Man Utd have more support. The only other club which has always been in the PL is Everton.

Even AVFC have been massively reliant on owners subsidizing them since Lerner took over. Without Al-Sisi's mate pumping in money they would be nowhere near the PL at the moment.
15:05, Fri 8 Oct
17:35, Fri 8 Oct
number8
(and Wolves have won the league cup as many times as we have, and been to a european final).
Only the one though.
17:41, Fri 8 Oct
What’s the feckin answer on this thread?

There’s been shorter new pope deliberations.

26,777?