12:21, Mon 11 Oct
Looks like a couple of decent football related show to watch.

9pm BBC1 Paul Merson: Football, Gambling and Me
Then
11.05 ITV Greavsie

Looking forward to both of these for different reasons.

First up its Merson talking about his gambling addiction. TBH I have never had any kind of addiction that I know of and can happily gamble very very safely.
I only have one account and that is with Skybet and I only ever bet a max of £10 and its normally only a quid or 2 a week and I have never uploaded any cash to it.
I opened the account when I started playing "Super 6" and then after a few weeks was given a free £5 and got lucky and worked it up to just over £100 and since then it has gone up and down (Highest just over 1K lowest £2.49) and now whenever it goes above £50 I withdraw back to £50. I just play the enhanced odds and a few silly £1 accas along with the Place a 10p bet and get a free £5 bet etc.

The only time I ever gamble "serious" money is when I am in Vegas and even then it is all money I can afford to lose and its hardly high roller stuff ($2.50 -$10 BJ VP and Baccarat), and if I lose one day I never ever chase it.

This is why I am interested in how some people can just spiral and not be able to stop even to the point of losing houses and more. The gaming industry is now far more easy to access then when I was young as it is everywhere and accessible 24/7.

Then its Greavsie.
Absolute genius of a footballer and a larger than life character who was always great fun as a TV pundit and a wonderful after dinner speaker. How much would he be worth in todays market.

Actually looking forward to TV tonight.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
16:00, Mon 11 Oct
Pretty much the same for any vice/addiction- tbf.

Drink, drugs, etc can all be taken by most people in moderation and never become addicted.

I'll watch them both tonight 👍
21:58, Mon 11 Oct
Excellent program with merson. Very brave of him to open up like that. Addiction of any sort is a life threatening disease.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
22:00, Mon 11 Oct
He’s a bit of a berk on screen but he’s very honest. Massive respect for that
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:01, Mon 11 Oct
I met him on holiday last year, he’s a top bloke for a DVB. Told him as such and had a laugh.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:05, Mon 11 Oct
Top bloke, hope he and the many others it's affecting conquer it, not pleasant.
22:16, Mon 11 Oct
Really horrible but good watch.

I'm pretty anti gambling in football, in terms of advertising, yet I feel uncomfortable bringing it up with my mates as you're a killjoy.

The whole business of "it's Saturday, beer, Jeff and the boys and bets" is tragic. It's indoctrination.

The sooner it's regulated or banned from being shoved down your throats, the better.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
22:19, Mon 11 Oct
I used to think Greavsie had a soft spot for Blues but it was probably more likely that he couldnt stand Gary Newbon.
22:20, Mon 11 Oct
Nikola Zigic

I'm pretty anti gambling in football, in terms of advertising, yet I feel uncomfortable bringing it up with my mates as you're a killjoy.

The whole business of "it's Saturday, beer, Jeff and the boys and bets" is tragic. It's indoctrination.

The sooner it's regulated or banned from being shoved down your throats, the better.
Bet you it won't be regulated
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
22:31, Mon 11 Oct
I guess it's how you define regulation, to an extent they've already done a bit by banning shirt sponsorship.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
22:34, Mon 11 Oct
Whoooossshhh.
Sorry for being a sick on an important thread
22:53, Mon 11 Oct
Sorry, get it now, long day!
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
22:58, Mon 11 Oct
Nah, it's my fault for being a dick. I love a bet, I'm lucky I've stayed on the right side of it taking over tbf
23:01, Mon 11 Oct
Brilliant documentary with Merson. Really excellent but awful at the same time. Recommended.
23:05, Mon 11 Oct
Nikola Zigic

Talksport and especially Alan Brazil of a morning are even worse