08:31, Tue 12 Oct
Returfed our garden recently as lawn was in a state. Can anyone advise on when you cut lawn last time of the year please. Thanks in advance for all replies.
08:33, Tue 12 Oct
I did mine Monday for what I'm hoping will be the last one
08:34, Tue 12 Oct
Are you the new St. Andrews groundsman ?
08:37, Tue 12 Oct
If it grows, cut it. There is no lawn mower season
What did the Knights in White satin?
08:44, Tue 12 Oct
Last cut is about now as it gets cold and the grass will not grow in the winter. Dont cut it really short. Best to cut it later in the day when hopefully it has dried after the morning dew. Let your mower dry and brush off the grass cuttings else you will have rusty blades when you come to use it in the spring. (Im no expert but that's what my other half does!!!)
08:48, Tue 12 Oct
Tall
If it grows, cut it. There is no lawn mower season

This...

I've cut in mid November in the past.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
08:54, Tue 12 Oct
There's no such thing as a grass growing season.

Grass grows when the temperature is above 6 degrees, and grows quicker when the soil is above 6 degrees too, so we'll be mowing the lawn all year round before long.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
08:58, Tue 12 Oct
With the milder winters I've found out lawns grow all year round, if a little slower through winter. So I end up cutting all year round when dry enough, but have a higher blade through winter in case there's harsh frost's immediately after the cut.

I also use a winter feed to reduce moss impact.
08:58, Tue 12 Oct
I tend to leave mine till the the leaves have shed as it saves all that raking up malarkey
09:01, Tue 12 Oct
As people have said there is no set time, we are still cutting the greens every third day,if it grows cut it.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.
09:11, Tue 12 Oct
Wilfred Owen
I tend to leave mine till the the leaves have shed as it saves all that raking up malarkey

This is my way in my garden, work smarter not harder, just make sure you have you collection box on. I have a Toro with mulcher.
It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission.
09:15, Tue 12 Oct
With the milder winters I've found out lawns grow all year round, if a little slower through winter. So I end up cutting all year round when dry enough, but have a higher blade through winter in case there's harsh frost's immediately after the cut.

Does the feed work on the moss? Last time I used it the patches were awful. Wrecked the lawn too.

Or scarifying best now and in the spring? (Tine rake)
09:21, Tue 12 Oct
BlueStorm

Yeah definitely lift the blade if you cut very short in summer. I never cut really short though in summer though as the lawn scorches and dries out quicker in a real hot spell
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:25, Tue 12 Oct
Bluewurst

Does the feed work on the moss? Last time I used it the patches were awful. Wrecked the lawn too.

Generally if the lawn is wrecked you've applied too much or your lawn was full of moss anyway and needed ripping up and reseeeding.
If your lawn is ok, don't scarily too deep this year. And I'd recommend buying an electric scarifier rather than doing it manually
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:27, Tue 12 Oct
Bluewurst

You're just going through a bit of a rough patch.

Get in!!