06:20, Sat 16 Oct
Bluejay
Sorry but this post has actually made me make an account rather than just lurking. Bowyer not the man? We’ve played well and nullified a team that are odds on to be in the prem next season. The only difference being the fact they’ve got money to spaff on someone who can finish. We’ll finish comfortably mid table which is more than most of us would have dreamed of after years of suffering relegation dogfights.

Welcome aboard mucka 👍
06:21, Sat 16 Oct
Sarkic

Colin. Sanderson Roberts. Pederson

Sunjic. Woods

Bela. Chong Sanchez

Hogan

Chong very advanced
High press and high back line
Short sharp passing

“We don’t have the players to play football”
All of those players are technically very good, with McGree, Graham to come in for Bela/Sanchez/Chong
Gardner to be told to rat in the absence of Sunjic

If this season isn’t about promotion, isn’t about a relegation scrap, then let’s move away from turgid anti football hoof and create a different identity.
We DO have the players to do it.
C'est la vie
07:18, Sat 16 Oct
Tall
The football is a world away from Karanka, at the moment it’s worse and not really showing signs of improving.

Worse than Karanka? That's just not true. We are creating so much more than we did under Karanka.
07:29, Sat 16 Oct
Still can't believe Sunjic didn't hit the target. Best chance all game for either side.
We did ok, a real quality goal did for us in the end. As long as we keep creating chances we'll be ok, we obviously can't score ATM, that'll change.
07:31, Sat 16 Oct
As has been the case for a couple of seasons
As I've repeatedly posted here

We don't know our best starting XI
We don't know our best starting formation

Without those 2 basic building blocks, a team stuffed with great players would struggle
A team like ours, stuffed with mediocre players, therefore struggles mightily.

But to suggest that 35% possession, 1 shot on target and our main attacking threat a long throw is somehow being on an equal footing last night is wishful thinking
07:32, Sat 16 Oct
We’ve conceded more, scored less and have less points. I suppose it depends on which metric you use
What did the Knights in White satin?
07:35, Sat 16 Oct
Tall
The football is a world away from Karanka, at the moment it’s worse and not really showing signs of improving.

Behave
13:30, Sat 16 Oct
Mithrandir
Sarkic

Colin. Sanderson Roberts. Pederson

Sunjic. Woods

Bela. Chong Sanchez

Hogan

Chong very advanced
High press and high back line
Short sharp passing

“We don’t have the players to play football”
All of those players are technically very good, with McGree, Graham to come in for Bela/Sanchez/Chong
Gardner to be told to rat in the absence of Sunjic

If this season isn’t about promotion, isn’t about a relegation scrap, then let’s move away from turgid anti football hoof and create a different identity.
We DO have the players to do it.

I'm not so sure. This league first and foremost requires pace and athleticism and we have little of both. Even our better technicians are too slow.

We also don't have the right players or balance in the squad to play that formation or any formation with a lone striker.
18:19, Sat 16 Oct
I remember when Lee came in he said essential to press high if youdont you will get caught . It worked why have we stopped doing it?
18:21, Sat 16 Oct
I think that's true. We played well against the team that is going to win this league. Away from home.

The only bad league performance I can remember was Peterborough. People are getting a bit uptight understandably as were going through a bit of a dry spell.

Don,t panic Don,t panic

(Insert Corporal Jones gif)

The chances are there and the goals will come.

Now I,m off to post some gossip about the squad I've heard/made up on another thread.

Apparently half the squad like Quavers but the other half like Wotsits and it's caused a massive rift in the dressing room with agents involved and everything!
18:33, Sat 16 Oct
Even when we compete we are shit. Does anyone believe in us? Bower I think is blinded he needs a wake up call his ways aren’t working I wish I understood the game and the science behind the changing rooms.
18:56, Sat 16 Oct
If just a couple of those chances in the last six games had gone in this forum would be singing a different tune.

It's a typical example of atypical phenomena. We've hit the bar/post about six times on top of some missed sitters.

Even in our best seasons teams have a spell when the ball just won't go in the onion bag for a about a half a dozen games. Stanley Matthews it.
22:35, Sat 16 Oct
Which players like quavers?
08:37, Sun 17 Oct
The Jutkiewicz faction. The Deeney faction are all about the Wotsits.
08:43, Sun 17 Oct
Hmm both are cheese flavoured snacks, I could understand skips maybe?