22:03, Fri 15 Oct
johnnyspex
it’s a mistake making him captain as it means he’s always on the pitch 😩

Yes, like Harlee Dean…oh, wait…!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
22:04, Fri 15 Oct
johnnyspex
LBN
Juke is fine, cross the ball regularly and he will score.
A manager starting the game with no wingers pretty much takes him out the game, ironic really as Bowyer pretty much ripped in to Karanka for not utilising Juke.

This is a myth. He needs at least 5 good crosses on his head to get a chance on target. We can’t get it on his head from a dead ball or a corner let alone open play. Forget it it’s archaic football we need to move on.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment of playing better football. I just don’t think we have the players for it. Dean. Roberts. Friend. Colin. Pederson. Sunjic. Gardner. Juke. Hogan. None of them are comfortable on the ball. We need a long term approach to change the playing style to a Swansea etc. 4/5 transfer windows
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
22:05, Fri 15 Oct
For all those who moaned about Dean not being a good captain, what did Juke do tonight that Dean didn’t?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:06, Fri 15 Oct
LBN
LBN
A manager starting the game with no wingers pretty much takes him out the game, ironic really as Bowyer pretty much ripped in to Karanka for not utilising Juke.

This with bells on, i just don't understand why he's changed it, and why he's being so stubborn about it
22:07, Fri 15 Oct
Not go on social media 😛
22:10, Fri 15 Oct
For all those who moaned about Dean not being a good captain, what did Juke do tonight that Dean didn’t?

Not bitch at his own teammates when he made the mistake?
22:12, Fri 15 Oct
NissanJutkiewicz
johnnyspex
LBN

This is a myth. He needs at least 5 good crosses on his head to get a chance on target. We can’t get it on his head from a dead ball or a corner let alone open play. Forget it it’s archaic football we need to move on.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment of playing better football. I just don’t think we have the players for it. Dean. Roberts. Friend. Colin. Pederson. Sunjic. Gardner. Juke. Hogan. None of them are comfortable on the ball. We need a long term approach to change the playing style to a Swansea etc. 4/5 transfer windows

Zola tried to move on with a system that the players were not capable of, LB is making the same mistake. we have no finesse or athleticism, so archaic football is our most effective. Not only are the players you named not comfortable on the ball, they're as as slow as feck
LBN
22:15, Fri 15 Oct
johnnyspex
LBN

He probably hasn't had 5 good crosses all season 😅.
23:10, Fri 15 Oct
LBN
And he won’t get another 5 either 😂 so what’s the point
23:16, Fri 15 Oct
Super Hans
Fell over time and time again rinse repeat
23:23, Fri 15 Oct
Can’t be having the hammering for Juke on here tbh. Draw 0-0 or sneak a 1-0 wouldn’t even be mentioned. I do agree with the point however about playing to his strengths like LB said at the start of his tenure. He thrives on balls in box and tonight and the last 5 games we haven’t done that.

Interesting he never bought Deeney on for last 10. Like Clinton said it was maybe made for him tonight, but tbh after they scored Albion were in control.

Not to disheartened tonight despite another game where we haven’t scored. Thought we looked solid and took a bit of magic to do us. If only we had 3 Sanderson’s. He looks quality.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
05:31, Sat 16 Oct
I’m not hammering him, his commitment has been fantastic & he’s been here since Rowett so he’s almost fixtures & fittings but it’s clear we need to move on & if not now then when?

Over his career Juke has averaged approx a goal every
5 games. During his time here where he’s had more playing time than anywhere he’s been he’s managed to get that up to one in four. He’s 32 & that stat isn’t going to get better is it? That might be ok if he was getting loads of assists but he’s not. His strengths are his hold up play but it’s that style of getting it up to him & hoping to get knock downs & win free kicks that is killing us.

He should be brought on with 10 mins to go to wrestle with tired centre halfs & kill games not be the fulcrum of our attack for 90mins. Their is no room for sentiment in football & you can’t moan about how few goals we score season after season if your not prepared to change the one common denominator in our attack over the last five years.

Sorry Lucas but times up.
08:35, Sat 16 Oct
We've got one of the best headers of the ball in the league - and how many times did we get a cross into the back post last night? or any cross anywhere near the big man? it's feckin maddening.
08:48, Sat 16 Oct
I thought Juke had a great game against one of the best defences in the league. We are missing a skillful pacy partner for him but so are 20 other teams in this division. If you find one they get bought after one season unless you go up. If Sunjic could shoot like Craig G we would be top of the league. I like him but he has at least 2 awful shots s game.
08:52, Sat 16 Oct
His career average is a goal every 4.5 games
Hogans average is 2.7.
Deeney 3.1
Chuks 3.8

Yet you think we should play to the strengths of the statistically poorest finisher at the club.

No wonder we’re crap