10:37, Sat 16 Oct
If we had someone ready to come on and score goals from the bench I’d agree, yet we clearly don’t.

Until that is remedied it seems bizarre to not want to play the way that over the last few seasons has been the only way that has worked on any sort of consistent basis (consistent being used very lightly.).
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:45, Sat 16 Oct
The argument about playing players we have always gets stronger when they don’t play. Same as when someone plays the calls to drop them and write them off as finished grows. Which suggests they might not be the biggest issue. We are continually a sour, long ball first type of team bar the odd spell, under a succession of managers.
I’m also not sure you can say what we do has been the only way that’s worked on a consistent basis. We’ve finished in the bottom 8 for 5 years running and aside from one 6 month run from Che we can’t get a player with a 1in 3 striker over a season (15 goals)
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:13, Sat 16 Oct
All of the strikers have missed multiple great chances at points this season, I don’t think anyone would dispute that.

The argument is if you’re going to play Juke you have to get crosses in to the box, whether he scores from them or not purely because that’s his best style of play.

The argument is we change our whole way of play to suit someone who is scoring less than 1 in 5.

Great

Something which has seen us fighting relegation

Double great
11:15, Sat 16 Oct
Not disputing that, but atm I'm not sure we have a forward who is suited to our 'style' of play
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:25, Sat 16 Oct
Bluewurst
All of the strikers have missed multiple great chances at points this season, I don’t think anyone would dispute that.

The argument is if you’re going to play Juke you have to get crosses in to the box, whether he scores from them or not purely because that’s his best style of play.

The argument is we change our whole way of play to suit someone who is scoring less than 1 in 5.

Great

Double great

The argument is we change our style of play to a way that has worked in the past, from one that is currently bordering on Zola levels of uselessness.

Until we get some money to spend on some true quality this will continue.
11:38, Sat 16 Oct
Sorry mate but those stats are rubbish unless the forwards you have mentioned have all been playing in the same division, against the same standard of defenders and in a side that creates exactly the same amount and quality of chances for them.

Deeneys stats are better playing for watford in this league & the prem.

Hogans stats are better in this league

We don’t know what chuks will be like because he won’t get a chance & will more than likely be moved on before getting a run of games.

I too like to use my eyes mate but it just so happens that the stats back up what i can see.

So you think stats are rubbish? Wow!!

100% as most stats contain no context. With no context, they are pretty well meaningless. So Deeney has better stats in a higher division, looks great on the face of it as he will be playing aginst better defenders - but does that stat say how many good chances he has had created for him by better players on his side? how many half chances has he scored? how many simple tap ins? do you see where I'm going with this? stats can be used as a tool if the context is good, it often isn't though but people just parrot them without looking any deeper.
I'll go with the eyes thanks and judge players while they are playing for us.
12:56, Sat 16 Oct
Regardless of all the good points on this thread, the massive problem is that taking out the Luton result, we have scored 5 goals in the other 11 games. That is unbelievably appalling and absolutely relegation stats.
13:01, Sat 16 Oct
Absolutely. It’s a problem. And keep doing the same and hoping for different results does seem a huge risk
DES
13:05, Sat 16 Oct
Robert Hopkins
all good things come to an end, and just doesn't seem to the same since Covid. Thanks for the memories Juke but we need someone with more pace now.
Juke never had any pace’ he just needs crosses!

Kro
KC
13:29, Sat 16 Oct
DES
Workhorse. Never gives up.Has a a decent mini goal scoring spell every so often but not that often.Never been one for the future but we haven't shown any signs of having a future fot a long ,one time.
13:33, Sat 16 Oct
DES
We have been poor for a long time. Have we had new players in the summer, to replace those who left, like Halilovic, and also really improve the team?

Generally, no.

Chong is a real asset and Sanderson, just recently, is also looking like he could be be a valuable.

However, few of the others have really improved the team yet. Woods may have been the technical player we needed but he is not athletic, as also needed. Graham and Aneke are not trusted.

We have few options for creativity in the team and up front we also poor. So my line is this. Ensure Chong, Bela, Collin and Sanchez play regularly (if fit). And find out, by playing him regularly, if Deeney is good enough or past it.
14:02, Sat 16 Oct
We have to divorce sentiment from current playing ability.

No one doubts LJ is a player who puts heart and soul into his performance.
But H&S doesn't put the ball in the net.
Even with his preferred method of service, his 'flick ons' now rarely lead to anything positive and his finishing ability from crosses is not what it was. He's about a season off peak effectiveness and, sadly, it ain't returning
He had value in the summer - could have used him in a swap deal for a punt on an up and coming L1/L2 striker knowing we had Hogan if that gamble didn't work - but now, his value is greatly reduced.

Deeney? Again, no one can fault attitude and desire - but last season in a team that was bossing this league, he only scored 1 in 4 games (roughly) and some of those were pennos.

So sure, 2 great hearted guys.
But players to score 15+ a season in the Champ?
14:06, Sat 16 Oct
Should have sold him to Albion for anything upto £4m that was reported. Can’t expect Ren to have done that though
15:03, Sat 16 Oct
Bluewurst

Great

Double great

The argument is we change our style of play to a way that has worked in the past, from one that is currently bordering on Zola levels of uselessness.

Until we get some money to spend on some true quality this will continue.

Fighting relegation isn’t “working”.

As someone mentioned (and said so at the time), we should have cashed in when we had the chance

£3m was mentioned IIRC, crazy not to take that
15:12, Sat 16 Oct
And what we’re doing now has us hurtling towards the relegation zone too.