08:06, Sat 16 Oct
I have received a £60 fine (yes, SIXTY POUNDS) for ‘driving in a Bus Lane’. What. The. F….

Okay, so it’s my own stupid fault but it was a night and I didn’t even notice that I had entered a restricted area. It was around Sheepcote Street.

Every single day, I drive on the Coventry Road past St Andrew’s and towards Bordersley Circus and, every single day, cars ‘undertake’ me whilst driving in the ‘Bus Lane’ (before it becomes 2 lanes, I mean, just after McDonald’s). I assume all of these drivers will be receiving a fine, also….

Kindly, the council have said that the fine will ONLY be £30 if it’s “paid within 14 days”.

I guess there’s no way out of this but any advice will br appreciated!

Birmingham is a brilliant city; the Council are the worst thing about it.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
08:08, Sat 16 Oct
it’s my own... fault

Not sure why you're trying to wriggle out of it?
Roj
08:13, Sat 16 Oct
Yes I got that same fine as well. Pay up quickly for the "discount", but I do agree with you about the way other drivers can use undertaking along bus lanes regularly. The Alcester Road near Queensbridge School I find a particularly annoying one. I guess they have lots more enforcement cameras around the city centre.
08:15, Sat 16 Oct
This is what’s wrong with this country. You’ve committed an offence. What’s your problem?
08:21, Sat 16 Oct
Some bus lanes are time restricted.It may not be a bus lane travelling out of the city in the morning,that's why they're undertaking you.
08:29, Sat 16 Oct
Roj
How do you know those undertaking aren’t also getting fined?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:31, Sat 16 Oct
Some bus lanes are time restricted.It may not be a bus lane travelling out of the city in the morning,that's why they're undertaking you.

Yeah I was going to say this. End of the day, the councils are trying to reduce traffic and pollution in our cities, without wishing to sound pompous, we should all be supporting that, for the grandkids sakes. I know it can be a pain and it sounds like it was a genuine mistake on your part - just pay up and learn by it?
08:32, Sat 16 Oct
I walk down there regularly. The bus lane and camera signs are huge
08:51, Sat 16 Oct
Bluesince62

Yeah I was going to say this. End of the day, the councils are trying to reduce traffic and pollution in our cities, without wishing to sound pompous, we should all be supporting that, for the grandkids sakes. I know it can be a pain and it sounds like it was a genuine mistake on your part - just pay up and learn by it?

Yep - similarly on the Pershore Road - they bus lanes have times on them so, when I drive in them outside the restricted times, I get people banging their horn at me. The majority of drivers follow like sheep to the outside lane, because they haven't taken any notice of the sign that tells them they can use the bus lane. I had one driver who deliberately cut in front of me at the end of the 'bus lane' so I had to slam my anchors on!
Do you ever ask yourself
Is there a Heaven in the sky
Why can't we get it right
Cause we all live under the same sun
We all walk under the same moon
Then why, why can't we live as one
09:11, Sat 16 Oct
Mate, had exactly the same a couple of weeks ago whilst dropping my daughter off at Portsmouth Uni. Even the incriminating photo supplied made it look impossible not to avoid! Anyway, like me, you’ve had your rant but I just sucked it up. I did use the ‘C’ word an awful lot though….
09:13, Sat 16 Oct
Careless ?
09:14, Sat 16 Oct
Chastened?
09:15, Sat 16 Oct
Pay the £30 and thank them for giving you the chance to avoid £60.
10:19, Sat 16 Oct
Ohh - unlucky. Looking at Google Maps the 'bus lane' is just a 60m stretch between 2 islands/ roundabouts to act as a 'throttle' on non-bus lane traffic.

I bet BCC make a fortune of similar drivers who have no idea about the bus lane being there but their is a little painted island just before it to give you the chance to turn back.

I support the idea of bus lanes to fast track non private car traffic past a queue of traffic and there incentivise public transport usage but when it is just being used as a mechanism to block off a street to traffic it does seem a little cynical.
10:49, Sat 16 Oct
lowercaser
Ohh - unlucky. Looking at Google Maps the 'bus lane' is just a 60m stretch between 2 islands/ roundabouts to act as a 'throttle' on non-bus lane traffic.

I bet BCC make a fortune of similar drivers who have no idea about the bus lane being there but their is a little painted island just before it to give you the chance to turn back.

I support the idea of bus lanes to fast track non private car traffic past a queue of traffic and there incentivise public transport usage but when it is just being used as a mechanism to block off a street to traffic it does seem a little cynical.

There are huge blue signs showing 'buses only' with another huge sign showing a camera. You could only miss them if you weren't paying attention to the road