07:09, Sun 17 Oct
Anyway, to put this in some context: it was dark and I was in a hurry to park as I had my interview to volunteer at The Commonwealth Games (and no, I couldn’t have left any earlier- I drove straight from work).

So I didn’t notice that i had entered a bloody ‘Bus Lane’.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
07:15, Sun 17 Oct
are u registered blind
07:38, Sun 17 Oct
Which street was it?
07:45, Sun 17 Oct
Do you know a good optition?
08:02, Sun 17 Oct
Southy
I can see the confusion.

Linked Image

Admittedly, I haven't driven down there in a long time, but I didn't know they'd changed it to "bus lane" only. Wow!
Do you ever ask yourself
Is there a Heaven in the sky
Why can't we get it right
Cause we all live under the same sun
We all walk under the same moon
Then why, why can't we live as one
08:10, Sun 17 Oct
That bus Lane had claimed 90,000 motorists in its first few months including myself. Always been able to drive up there previously so came off the roundabout and already in it. Seen it too late unfortunately and paid it straight off, £30.
09:05, Sun 17 Oct
I got the letter, I was annoyed and came on here to express my frustration. Yes, i was careless, yes i committed an offence.

I’ll pay the £30 and learn from it.

Take care folks. KRO.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
14:12, Sun 17 Oct
Jameron Cerome
Entering a bus lane is an offence.
Parking on the pavement as long as it is not in a dangerous position, blocking the road or driven on the pavement is not an offence.

It IS an offence to park on the pavement unless there are notices allowing it. London is even more strict... no parking on pavements at all.

Highway Code and applicable law reference:

"Rule 244
You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Law GL(GP)A sect 15"
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
14:28, Sun 17 Oct
Is it an offence if it goes unpunished on near enough every residential road in the country?

It’s a ridiculous rule in many places that rightfully goes unpunished.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:07, Sun 17 Oct
I’ve heard on the grapevine, that some bus drivers have been fined as well.
21:10, Sun 17 Oct
Anyone who lives on a narrow road probably doesn't think it's ridiculous. People parking like tossers on pavements and verges infuriate me.

Sadly it's one of those things where the council say it's up to the plod to deal with, and the plod say is up to the council.
08:55, Mon 18 Oct
I can't help but think that David Prutton is probably also behind this
09:08, Mon 18 Oct
Actually, I'm not sure whether that's legal - because there's a keep left sign. So if you drive to the right of that and avoid the bus lane, you are not complying with that sign.
09:25, Mon 18 Oct
Rasputin
Anyone who lives on a narrow road probably doesn't think it's ridiculous. People parking like tossers on pavements and verges infuriate me.

Sadly it's one of those things where the council say it's up to the plod to deal with, and the plod say is up to the council.

Depends. If they have a drive where they can park on then fair enough I agree. An increasing amount of places seem to be built nowadays without any parking though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:26, Mon 18 Oct
on the flip side its amazing how many people cant read a sign that tells you when a bus lane is in operation

can usually undertake loads down the pershore and alcester road into kings heath when the bus lane is open to all but people dont realise