09:27, Mon 18 Oct
Nah, sorry. Not having a drive is no excuse for blocking pavements and putting pedestrians, and those in pushchairs/wheelchairs in danger by forcing them into the road.

It's selfish and inconsiderate.
09:31, Mon 18 Oct
Super Hans
Rasputin
Anyone who lives on a narrow road probably doesn't think it's ridiculous. People parking like tossers on pavements and verges infuriate me.

Sadly it's one of those things where the council say it's up to the plod to deal with, and the plod say is up to the council.

Depends. If they have a drive where they can park on then fair enough I agree. An increasing amount of places seem to be built nowadays without any parking though.
I just think it should be standard that pavements are for pedestrians. Shouldn’t be cars on at all except for getting to drives or car parks/businesses
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:39, Mon 18 Oct
Harlee Dean invented bus lanes. Not many people know that.
09:51, Mon 18 Oct
bluearmyfaction
Actually, I'm not sure whether that's legal - because there's a keep left sign. So if you drive to the right of that and avoid the bus lane, you are not complying with that sign.

Eh? And drive into the oncoming traffic? It's one way coming the other way.
Do you ever ask yourself
Is there a Heaven in the sky
Why can't we get it right
Cause we all live under the same sun
We all walk under the same moon
Then why, why can't we live as one
09:56, Mon 18 Oct
BluenoseMo
bluearmyfaction
Actually, I'm not sure whether that's legal - because there's a keep left sign. So if you drive to the right of that and avoid the bus lane, you are not complying with that sign.

Eh? And drive into the oncoming traffic? It's one way coming the other way.
Oh, OK, didn't know that. So why was OP driving down there anyway? Should have been no entry for non-passenger traffic, let alone bus lane.
10:00, Mon 18 Oct
Rasputin
Nah, sorry. Not having a drive is no excuse for blocking pavements and putting pedestrians, and those in pushchairs/wheelchairs in danger by forcing them into the road.

If you don’t have a drive where do you park?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:28, Mon 18 Oct
On the road. People have brakes and steering wheels to avoid your car
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:43, Mon 18 Oct
That really isn't a valid argument.

if you're leaving your car in a place where it blocks the pavement or road, then it isn't an appropriate place to be leaving your car.
10:51, Mon 18 Oct
Super Hans
Rasputin

If you don’t have a drive where do you park?

I don't have a drive. If I can't park outside the house then I park it further away and walk
11:08, Mon 18 Oct
Yep on the road, that's why people pay extra for a drive, if you can't find a house with a drive then the road is the only other option.
11:14, Mon 18 Oct
The Council seem to be ruining any visits to the inner city. Parking in Digbeth is a nightmare.
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
11:22, Mon 18 Oct
Naah, they are trying to discourage people driving into town and to use public transport where possible, which is what every Council should be doing right now.
11:32, Mon 18 Oct
fingles
The Council seem to be ruining any visits to the inner city. Parking in Digbeth is a nightmare.

Took the bus on Saturday to Five Ways with the kids and then walked along Broad Street and on to the Bull Ring. Not a car in sight and it was really nice with many families strolling around and enjoying Centenary and Victoria Square. Broad Street will be great when the trams start later this year.
11:43, Mon 18 Oct
Bluesince62
Naah, they are trying to discourage people driving into town and to use public transport where possible, which is what every Council should be doing right now.
I know you get the train in from Rugeley and for me it’s so easy to get into town that I’m surprised so many don’t seem to think public transport is an option. I think it’s fantastic. £3.10 return from Rowley Regis.
I do understand that some will need to drive as well btw
11:43, Mon 18 Oct
👍