08:44, Sun 17 Oct
I need your help please. As some of you know my son plays Sax and he got into that from his Grandad (my father in law) who used to play professionally. He has just been diagnosed with Cancer and has been told will not be treated. I want to buy my wife and her mom a piece of jewllery in the form of a sax. The only things I seen so far are either cheap or not suitable. So does anyone know where i can get bespoke jewellery made and designed like ,or know where i might be able to get something suitable.

I will be making a trip to the jewellery quarter next week to see if anyone there can sort but if you could point me in the right place first it would be appreciated.

For those that haven't seen my son play here he is -
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
Bob
09:02, Sun 17 Oct
So sorry to hear about your news.

Have a look at Lora Leedham.
[loraleedham.co.uk]

We had a trawl around the Jewellery Quarter ourselves, for our wedding rings. We were after something a little different, knew pretty well what we wanted, but everything we saw was all pretty much of a muchness. Then we found Lora. She creates bespoke and unique pieces. Very flexible, very happy to work with you on the design. We were very happy with the outcome. Can thoroughly recommend.

This is the kind of stuff she can do:
[loraleedham.co.uk]

Hope that helps, KRO
09:04, Sun 17 Oct
Bob
He means his father in law is ill (I think)
Sorry to hear that news too, btw
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:08, Sun 17 Oct
Bob
A bit further afield, but if you don’t find what you need locally I can recommend these guys in Huddersfield
[www.theguildjewellers.co.uk]

They worked with my wife to turn jewellery she had inherited from her late mother (but would never wear herself) into a beautiful pendant representing her family
09:21, Sun 17 Oct
Bob
Bob
So sorry to hear about your news.

Have a look at Lora Leedham.
[loraleedham.co.uk]

We had a trawl around the Jewellery Quarter ourselves, for our wedding rings. We were after something a little different, knew pretty well what we wanted, but everything we saw was all pretty much of a muchness. Then we found Lora. She creates bespoke and unique pieces. Very flexible, very happy to work with you on the design. We were very happy with the outcome. Can thoroughly recommend.

This is the kind of stuff she can do:
[loraleedham.co.uk]

Hope that helps, KRO

Thanks Bob that looks absolutely like someone I am looking for
09:28, Sun 17 Oct
thanks baldrick - Bobs suggestion looks more suitable at the moment but thanks for the suggestion it is appreciated
10:27, Sun 17 Oct
Bassman, who posts on here or used to, is some kind of jeweller. And a musician. Not much help I know
11:34, Sun 17 Oct
Cheers for mentioning me FB , Facebook page [www.facebook.com]
Just Google Phillip Godfrey Designer Goldsmith ,look in images for pics of what I do, ignore the old shop in Southport I closed it four years ago ,I'm based In Maidenhead Berkshire now, available for commission work by appointment. I do have a commercial website for general jewellery www.jewellerybyg.co.uk my contact details are there or message me here I lurk in the shadows most days .
11:40, Sun 17 Oct
Sent a message via facebook
12:02, Sun 17 Oct
How are you mate? I was just going to suggest you as well but FB beat me to it.
13:31, Sun 17 Oct
All right mate ,a lot of changes in last few years ,new life,moved to Maidenhead from Southport , currently holding the Bass player seat for Brum punk band The DReGs ,enjoying the change , how's you ,still playing?
17:20, Sun 17 Oct
I use a guy called Aidi Mac Dáibhí, his website is CELTICJEWELRY.IE
I've had three custom pieces from him, very high quality.
Regards, Mick
17:29, Sun 17 Oct
Thanks mick I have spoken to bassman and looks like he will be able to sort me.out with exactly what I want
18:33, Sun 17 Oct
All right mate ,a lot of changes in last few years ,new life,moved to Maidenhead from Southport , currently holding the Bass player seat for Brum punk band The DReGs ,enjoying the change , how's you ,still playing?

No mate, the knees forbid it. Mountain biking is the game now - glad you are well pal.
10:25, Mon 18 Oct
Try Steven Charles Quance, who is a manufacturing jeweller in the Jewellery Quarter.

07855 444889.

At this very moment, he is i an airport lounge in Spain, about to fly home, so best call him later this afternoon.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk