12:32, Sun 17 Oct
Skybet tweeted a few days ago a photo of villa blues wba and wolves’ badges with the caption “rank in order of size”

Most fans are saying blues are smallest. I’m currently have a Twitter spat with an albion fan about who is biggest. Am I fighting a losing battle? Do we have any leg to stand on or are we really 4th biggest?

Whichever way you base it on I think we’re struggling. Attendances. Cup wins. Total seasons in top flight.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
DES
12:35, Sun 17 Oct
Last time I looked in all time league tables they were all miles above us’
Sad but thrue’
Kro
12:35, Sun 17 Oct
Better historical attendances than Albion. We should be bigger and would be with equal levels of success.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
12:36, Sun 17 Oct
We probably are the smallest (or at least on par with Albion)

I don't care either. If I was born in London I'd more likely want to follow Millwall over Arsenal.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
mad
12:59, Sun 17 Oct
I know a few Arsenal fans who prefer going to Wealdstone especially since they moved from the library

We are 4th (aside from historical attendances 30's, late 50's for a bit and mid 70's when we were above WBA and on a par with a very successful Wolves side attendance wise)

Neither Wolves or WBA have that completely untapped potential, which we probably still just about have but will never fulfil. Wolves/WBA could never be as big as Chelski, West Ham, Leeds, Man City even. It's a bit pie in the sky but we potentially could but for now we are on par with Boro, Blackburn, Stoke and over last 20 years we have even fallen behind the likes of meh sides like Leicester, Norwich, Brighton, Palace even (ffs Palace?!) wheras WBA and Wolves have managed to be run effectively enough to keep up with those meh sides which is all they've done really.

Would only take 4 or 5 years of upwards success for us to be up at that mediocre level ourselves (Leicester aside that's stratospheric for any ordinary club like us). Then if we'd follow up with cups/league success the sky's the limit with Blues whereas there are limitations to what WBA / Wolves could do nowadays
13:03, Sun 17 Oct
All depends how you judge size. I'd say we're the same size as Wolves and West Brom but they are obviously performing much better than us at the moment. We're bigger than Burnley for example but as a club, they are clearly much better than us at the moment.
DES
13:06, Sun 17 Oct
mad
mad
I know a few Arsenal fans who prefer going to Wealdstone since they moved from the library
There are nutters at every club! What about those Man U fans who formed a new club after glaziers took over!
Fergie said they were great to work with and he won shed loads under them incl champs league!

Kro
13:11, Sun 17 Oct
Of the "Big 4" West Mids clubs, we are the smallest.

Over 10 years without top flight football fighting relegation from Championship year on year.

No way are we anywhere near the same level as Villa, Baggies or Wolves.
mad
13:13, Sun 17 Oct
Jameron Cerome

Over 10 years without top flight football fighting relegation from Championship year on year.

4 bald men fighting over a comb really though isn't it
DES
13:56, Sun 17 Oct
mad
mad
Jameron Cerome

4 bald men fighting over a comb really though isn't it
Fact our highest ever league position is 8th is pathetic truly pathetic!
We are shit and sadly we know we are hence the chips on our shoulders!
Kro
13:58, Sun 17 Oct
DES
6th DES. 1956
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
13:59, Sun 17 Oct
mad
Yet, we're the most successful trophy wise in the last 25 years.
14:09, Sun 17 Oct
No real investment ever.
Small club mentality.
Poorly run.
Etc etc....

Our day will come.

Most of us will be brown bread unfortunately 😕 😄.
mad
14:14, Sun 17 Oct
Watford or Coventry?
Sunderland or West Ham?

There are so many factors when determining which club is bigger. The two contests above you could make a decent case either way.

As for Blues I'd place us closer to Sunderland and West Ham than the other two.

Coventry could, however, get promoted this season and their fans would argue they're at least as big as us and have potential to be up there with the meh clubs the likes of Norwich, Southampton etc... but Blues could leapfrog that lot given as yet unfulfilled potential if it were ever to be fully realised.

Brady and Sully screwed up really on that score with their massive price hikes in 2003/2004/2005 in contrast with WBA who pegged prices upon elevation to the promised land

Then you'd be left with who is bigger out of Cov, Blues, WBA and Dingles?

All very interesting but ultimately futile. Demographics of Brum and how it's altered over past 30 years, ground location away from decent mass transit options, the half arsed redevelopment of the stadium, poor short sighted structural, managerial and playing staff appointments, awful home form going all the way back to since Chris Hughton left the club in 2012 - all factors that have undoubtedly held Blues back over the past 20 years
if it was top trumps we wouldn't be the card you would want unfortunately