15:01, Sun 17 Oct
I still never get it. We are a city of 1.1 million people and are the club with the city's name. Why are we so shite?
15:27, Sun 17 Oct
We are 4th by a long distance, was looking around the Hawthorns ground the other night & everything just seemed 'right' about the place, the way they have improved the ground over the years is most admirable, a cracking sound system, updates on the huge screen informing you about the road closures on the M6, even the floodlights & how well the ground was illuminated makes our place look as if it's lit up by gas light.

As for B6 & the Dogheads we're light years behind them ......
mad
15:30, Sun 17 Oct
It also partly reflects the location of the club in respect of the area they sit beside

WBA have old working class towns beside them like Stourbridge plus Kiddy/Worcester further afield to draw support from and a good transport system to get them there while Blues equivalent is dormitory town Solihull and overspill Chelmsley Wood and Redditch which has sizable ex-Blues population but is a bit cut off from where the ground is

There is also the sneering of wider-Midlands folks towards the city of Brum itself that you don't seem to get towards Manchester in the towns around Manc nor in the Home Counties with respect to London. Ditto Leeds, Newcastle...

This partly explains Vile's wider reach of support over and above other advantages they're able to count on

Outside of family links, Blues tend to attract the "i'll show em!!" fan, the outcast, the rebel. Folks who go with the flow casual football fans have an easier time acclimatising to WBA/Vile - very often cheaper to get in the 4 sheds for kids etc... over the past 20 years although not so much the case now
15:31, Sun 17 Oct
You’re right about inside the ground looking good on Friday, but that path down to the road as you exit is anything but well lit
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
15:32, Sun 17 Oct
Crap owners plain and simple. If we had the owners of vile or wolves their would be no argument. Vile Blues wolves West Brom in that order. We haven’t and our support and club is deteriorating.
15:36, Sun 17 Oct
Owners are important. Especially if you’re Newcastle right now
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
mad
15:39, Sun 17 Oct
I'd go so far as to suggest our various owners have taken our fanbase for granted and even cultivated the outsider/rebel as the type of fan you have to be to follow Blues. Some of the decisions Sully, Brady and those that followed have taken do suggest this disconnect. None of our owners really got Blues
15:44, Sun 17 Oct
Greebo joe
Crap owners plain and simple. If we had the owners of vile or wolves their would be no argument. Vile Blues wolves West Brom in that order. We haven’t and our support and club is deteriorating.

But why do we have crap owners?

Look at the Grand Hotel in town. Someone has spent years lovingly restoring a fading edifice and now it is magnificent. Why cannot someone with a brain come in and do a similar job with us?
15:48, Sun 17 Oct
Owners tend to go with the option that gives them a big stadium that could be expanded, a fan base that could fill it regularly and a team that can be easily improved. Unfortunately there’s usually better options than us.
15:51, Sun 17 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Owners tend to go with the option that gives them a big stadium that could be expanded, a fan base that could fill it regularly and a team that can be easily improved. Unfortunately there’s usually better options than us.

I didn't actually mean the stadium being restored per se. Just the whole structure of the club and how it operates.
15:52, Sun 17 Oct
And whose fault is that, previous and current owners. It could and should have been much different.
15:54, Sun 17 Oct
👍
16:04, Sun 17 Oct
We are behind at the moment it may or may not last forever.

I’ve always thought Villa the biggest club with not much between ourselves West Brom and Wolves.

New owners, a successful season it could change.

10 seasons like we have had and see what the others would be like.
16:07, Sun 17 Oct
Yeah Wolves get bigger now but have had less than 4000 in for a league game I think.
And we were getting comfortably bigger crowds than Albion in the late 90’s. They’ve just had more years in the Prem and top 6 seasons when they came down and pegged prices to keep people going
16:09, Sun 17 Oct
Lets just face it and stop making excuses. We are shit fans supporting a shit club. We only turn up for big games.

Everyone you meet in pubs, town etc say they are blues but have never been to a game. Fecking give up.