Burnley are a much bigger club. League and cup wins, currently in 20th place on the all time listed. We are in 24th place and the highest we ever achieved was 16th, in 1948.

The last time we featured in the all time top 20 was 1952. We have had a few moments in the sun, but we aren't a big club, get over it.

We used to have regular decent cup runs, but never looked like the favorites to win it.

We don't even feature that high in the also rans competitions.

06:08, Mon 18 Oct
WorcsBlues
We are 4th by a long distance, was looking around the Hawthorns ground the other night & everything just seemed 'right' about the place, the way they have improved the ground over the years is most admirable, a cracking sound system, updates on the huge screen informing you about the road closures on the M6, even the floodlights & how well the ground was illuminated makes our place look as if it's lit up by gas light.

As for B6 & the Dogheads we're light years behind them ......

This.
Even outside I saw about 10 burger stands friday , pork scratching and programme stands. A full house. Noise (albeit a fekkin drum).

We have half a stadium which we still cant sell and is silent.
Proud of our away fans but take that away and we are shocking.

4th out of "the midlands 4" in all aspects apart from away fans
06:30, Mon 18 Oct
Very much 4th I'm afraid. Like the 1970's before it, the first decade of the millenium were the opportunity for Blues to catapult itself onyo a bigger stage. Regular premiership football, sell out home crowds, a decent stadium on par with many mid sized premier league outfits. But fast forward to the present day and look at us. The ground hasn't been given as much of a lick of paint since before we won the Carling cup.
Wallowing in the bottom half of the championship, like some tortured soul trapped in purgatory.
The other local teams have continued to evolve along their general historical paths. Albion a yo-yo club that struggles with itself as to whether as a club it places more value on playing good football or gaining success in the form of lower premier survival at the cost of less flair on the pitch, all on a shoe-string.
Wolves are "back wheŕe they belong", in the top flight. Forget the fact that most wolves fans have seen most of their football in the championship over their lifetime, Wolves are a big hitter. They beat a Hungarian team back in an era where some items were still on ration and Britain was just beginning to dismantle its empire. This tells you what a massive club they are.
And villa... well we all know they won the league and European cup on the early 80s. Theyll never let us forget. But their crowd sizes and top flight presence has stayed pretty consistent, which has enabled them to continually bring in new support and reach out to the wider midlands to target people who want to support a football team, but don't fancy slumming it outside the premier league. But they themselves of course were only saved by a massive cash injecting owner.
So yeah, forth biggest, but it's like being the forth biggest goldfish in a bowl, placed on a shelf next to a couple of big tanks with lots of big exotic fish in them, with those bubble blowing treasure chests in the bottom and nice brightly coloured pebbles and that.
That was liquid football!
06:59, Mon 18 Oct
Let's put it another way.

I think we have only finished Top of the West Midlands twice.

Once in 1906 and again in 2003.
07:12, Mon 18 Oct
Wolves played honved, in the early 50's. Hungary has just recently put 6 past england, at Wembley (Puskas and the mighty Magyars).

It was the first ever floodlit match, in the world. Wolves had the England captain playing for them, their tactics were a revelation and they led the way for all British clubs that entered into Europe.
07:50, Mon 18 Oct
WorcsBlues
We are 4th by a long distance, was looking around the Hawthorns ground the other night & everything just seemed 'right' about the place, the way they have improved the ground over the years is most admirable, a cracking sound system, updates on the huge screen informing you about the road closures on the M6, even the floodlights & how well the ground was illuminated makes our place look as if it's lit up by gas light.

Yep
Their ground was light years ahead of our dump
08:00, Mon 18 Oct
foghorn leghorn
It was the first ever floodlit match, in the world.
There had been floodlit matches in the Victorian era. They were a novelty until 1930, when Mansfield (!) installed them at Field Mill, and they were such a success that the FA banned them. They were unbanned in 1950, and Swindon and Arsenal were the first to host friendlies under floodlights.
08:03, Mon 18 Oct
foghorn leghorn
Wolves played honved, in the early 50's. Hungary has just recently put 6 past england, at Wembley (Puskas and the mighty Magyars).

It was the first ever floodlit match, in the world. Wolves had the England captain playing for them, their tactics were a revelation and they led the way for all British clubs that entered into Europe.

This is worth a listen for those interested in this game: [theblizzard.co.uk]
08:06, Mon 18 Oct
bluearmyfaction
Let's put it another way.

I think we have only finished Top of the West Midlands twice.

Once in 1906 and again in 2003.

If that's correct, that's quite a statistic.
To me it’s all irrelevant really. Does it make you a better fan the bigger the club you support? Actually for me the exact opposite is true. The lads that support Rochdale home and away for instance are the business for me. Yes a Man Utd fan could spend all day telling them how crap they are and how they have never done anything but that would just be proving my point. It does tend to go in cycles a bit, I mean I remember wolves playing in front of 2,000 in a ramshackle stadium in the 80’s but yeh for a club that carries the name of the second biggest city in Britain we have been unbelievably bad for practically all of our history but if you support blues you know the score. My old man is a jock, supported Celtic, I even played for viles youth team in the 80’s I could have supported anyone but a couple of trips to st Andrews and seeing the self deprecating humour and all of the play ups and shenanigans and I was done for. How “big” we were never entered my mind.
Zulu89
WorcsBlues

As for B6 & the Dogheads we're light years behind them ......

4th out of "the midlands 4" in all aspects apart from away fans

For Saturday 3 pm games maybe
For Saturday 3 pm games maybe
Within a hundred miles radius, if we're not on a losing streak.
09:52, Mon 18 Oct
Very much 4th I'm afraid. Like the 1970's before it, the first decade of the millenium were the opportunity for Blues to catapult itself onyo a bigger stage. Regular premiership football, sell out home crowds, a decent stadium on par with many mid sized premier league outfits. But fast forward to the present day and look at us. The ground hasn't been given as much of a lick of paint since before we won the Carling cup.
Wallowing in the bottom half of the championship, like some tortured soul trapped in purgatory.
The other local teams have continued to evolve along their general historical paths. Albion a yo-yo club that struggles with itself as to whether as a club it places more value on playing good football or gaining success in the form of lower premier survival at the cost of less flair on the pitch, all on a shoe-string.
Wolves are "back wheŕe they belong", in the top flight. Forget the fact that most wolves fans have seen most of their football in the championship over their lifetime, Wolves are a big hitter. They beat a Hungarian team back in an era where some items were still on ration and Britain was just beginning to dismantle its empire. This tells you what a massive club they are.
And villa... well we all know they won the league and European cup on the early 80s. Theyll never let us forget. But their crowd sizes and top flight presence has stayed pretty consistent, which has enabled them to continually bring in new support and reach out to the wider midlands to target people who want to support a football team, but don't fancy slumming it outside the premier league. But they themselves of course were only saved by a massive cash injecting owner.
So yeah, forth biggest, but it's like being the forth biggest goldfish in a bowl, placed on a shelf next to a couple of big tanks with lots of big exotic fish in them, with those bubble blowing treasure chests in the bottom and nice brightly coloured pebbles and that.

Our bowl has a crack in it, has green slime all on the inside and a half inch of fish poo at the bottom and the fish are slowly suffocating.
The vile tank is actually a sea life centre, the seals are happy because of state of the art conditions and lots of new visitors every day.
mad
10:18, Mon 18 Oct
Perhaps we should rename ourselves East Birmingham FC and change our anthem to "Keep right on to the end of the Gully"
10:29, Mon 18 Oct
mad
Perhaps we should rename ourselves East Birmingham FC and change our anthem to "Keep right on to the end of the Gully"

We're seldom partisan, la la la