11:21, Mon 18 Oct
Blues are the smallest

Albion are no way as near as big as they think they are but they are bigger than Blues, just

Villa
Wolves
Albion
Blues

its really not up for debate
11:57, Mon 18 Oct
Bluesince62
Very much 4th I'm afraid. Like the 1970's before it, the first decade of the millenium were the opportunity for Blues to catapult itself onyo a bigger stage. Regular premiership football, sell out home crowds, a decent stadium on par with many mid sized premier league outfits. But fast forward to the present day and look at us. The ground hasn't been given as much of a lick of paint since before we won the Carling cup.
Wallowing in the bottom half of the championship, like some tortured soul trapped in purgatory.
The other local teams have continued to evolve along their general historical paths. Albion a yo-yo club that struggles with itself as to whether as a club it places more value on playing good football or gaining success in the form of lower premier survival at the cost of less flair on the pitch, all on a shoe-string.
Wolves are "back wheŕe they belong", in the top flight. Forget the fact that most wolves fans have seen most of their football in the championship over their lifetime, Wolves are a big hitter. They beat a Hungarian team back in an era where some items were still on ration and Britain was just beginning to dismantle its empire. This tells you what a massive club they are.
And villa... well we all know they won the league and European cup on the early 80s. Theyll never let us forget. But their crowd sizes and top flight presence has stayed pretty consistent, which has enabled them to continually bring in new support and reach out to the wider midlands to target people who want to support a football team, but don't fancy slumming it outside the premier league. But they themselves of course were only saved by a massive cash injecting owner.
So yeah, forth biggest, but it's like being the forth biggest goldfish in a bowl, placed on a shelf next to a couple of big tanks with lots of big exotic fish in them, with those bubble blowing treasure chests in the bottom and nice brightly coloured pebbles and that.

Our bowl has a crack in it, has green slime all on the inside and a half inch of fish poo at the bottom and the fish are slowly suffocating.
The vile tank is actually a sea life centre, the seals are happy because of state of the art conditions and lots of new visitors every day.

And we have an owner who is slowly turning the oxygen down into the tank to save money, and gently dimming the lights so the slime is building up and no-one can see in or be bothered even to look any more. They're feeding the fish less and sometimes not even at all. The fish themselves have died replaced with a few old fish from other tanks that don't seem to fit in anymore.
mad
12:05, Mon 18 Oct
NouCamp
Blues are the smallest

Albion are no way as near as big as they think they are but they are bigger than Blues, just

Villa
Wolves
Albion
Blues

its really not up for debate

None of the 4 are anywhere near as big as they think they are. Albion fans are probably the most realistic/grounded of the 4 clubs I'd say although the newer generation of yammers are probably like our lot were 20 years ago. Vile, Dingles and Blues are every bit as delusional as each other in some fashion. While Vile and Dingles point at their histories and say just look at what our ancestors were able to celebrate, Blues fans always have that nagging feeling of "if only..."
12:06, Mon 18 Oct
mad
Saying Blues are as delusional as vile and the dingles is just mad, mad
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
mad
12:08, Mon 18 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Saying Blues are as delusional as vile and the dingles is just mad, mad

"if only this that and the other and bit of the rub of the green here and there we'd be like Chelski/Citeh" levels of delusion still exist at Blues. And long may it continue.

I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment but we are a cracking "ordinary/proper" football club to have supported the last 35 years I feel very lucky to follow Blues compared to other "ordinary/proper" say Sheff Utd/Sunderland (both arguably as big / bigger than Blues but nowt to shout about for in almost forever)

Christ even Everton (one of the big 5 we'll never ever catch up to) I'd hate to have been a fan of theirs last 25 years
12:12, Mon 18 Oct
He’s a lost cause.

Both the dog heads and the vile are miles ahead

Look at their grounds. Their academy’s, their training grounds, their crowds, their signings

It’s all well an good people trying to scratch around excuses based on when we were in the same league. Facts are viles attendances dwarfed us then, even the dingles did, both of them have gone out of sight now

We are competing with Albion for third place and are losing that by miles too.
Totally agree.

The Wembley trips or Europe really brought it home to me, that we’ve got lots of fans who are ‘Blues’ but not many supporters…

Since I’ve started going in the late 80’s we’ve never really had a sustained period of success. Or at the very least not built on it properly.

We’ve taken fans for granted and almost encouraged the Hooligan element as a badge of honour which completely turns off family and normal folk.

The experience of going to the Blues is terrible, obviously if your winning I guess that’s overlooked but when your not it comes into focus.

Does anyone remember the Junior Blues? In the 90’s That was a fantastic way of getting youngsters into the Blues. Meet Saturday morning, lots of football activity and then a bus to the game. I often wonder how many of us still go as this was definitely a catalyst as it brought lots of like minded youngers together 👍
mad
13:25, Mon 18 Oct
Yep late 80's there were still council funded youth clubs in south Brum and loads of us would pop down a dozen times a season with our mates. Was cheap then and you didn't need an adult with you. This generation grew up in the 1990's and spawned that hard core mid-late 90's generation that propelled the club alongside Cooper/Fry etc... as crowds gradually increased and right up till Brady put the prices right up

There's been little succession since then perhaps there are still youth/scouts clubs in east B'ham where scrotes get together and bus it the game??? but it seems to be less the case now
14:18, Mon 18 Oct
mad
Blues are the 4th out of that 4 on every measure I can think of. Villa are in a different galaxy to us. For the "second" club of a major English city we stand remarkably alone in our lack of historical success, except for the Bristol clubs. Even compare us to the "one club" cities and I struggle to find one as least successful as us... Middlesbrough?

That being said, it's like your poo. It might smell like poo, look like poo and taste like poo, but it's your poo and there's nothing more satisfying than spending time in the toilet, letting one go and breathing in your own fumes. Feels like home. A really shitty home.
DES
14:36, Mon 18 Oct
Go Home Bodger
Blues are the 4th out of that 4 on every measure I can think of. Villa are in a different galaxy to us. For the "second" club of a major English city we stand remarkably alone in our lack of historical success, except for the Bristol clubs. Even compare us to the "one club" cities and I struggle to find one as least successful as us... Middlesbrough?

That being said, it's like your poo. It might smell like poo, look like poo and taste like poo, but it's your poo and there's nothing more satisfying than spending time in the toilet, letting one go and breathing in your own fumes. Feels like home. A really shitty home.
Do you know this is a public forum ?🙈
14:42, Mon 18 Oct
Blues are historically a better supported club than WBA. In fact we are the 15th best supported club in the all-time attendance list.

Our attendances although currently well below Wolves have often been higher and overall we are virtually level with them in the all-time list

All-time average attendances:
[www.stokesentinel.co.uk]
14:55, Mon 18 Oct
We are currently by far, rooted bottom out of the 4. Not even close.

Wolves and Villa are on a different stratosphere.
14:58, Mon 18 Oct
And in the last 15/20 years?
15:03, Mon 18 Oct
A few hundred behind Wolves and only 8k behind Vile - that surprised me, tbh. Thought we'd be much further behind. I think currently though, if nothing changes - in 20 years we'll be miles off either.
15:11, Mon 18 Oct
I’d imagine the last five and next five will be thousands behind each club