15:18, Fri 22 Oct
The 5th Test cancelled last year at Old Trafford has been rescheduled to be played at Edgbaston 1-5th July as Old Trafford can't prepare a Test Match Wicket in time and instead will takeover the 2nd scheduled Test Match against South Africa 25-29th August originally scheduled for Edgbaston.

Edgbaston also now host a T20 on 9th July against India rather than a ODI which Old Trafford gets instead

Good swap or have people forgotten about the series against India and moved on? & would rather watch South Africa at Edgbaston instead
As long as Blues score between now and then I'm sure we will be happy
I’m keeping my ticket. Picked one out right by the bar so it matters not who the opponents are to me.
@stevanderman
Its annoying for anyone who's had their days shifted.

Day 1 was previously a thursday and now its a friday, luckily had friday tickets which are now saturday so no major issue for me.

I also had ODI tickets which is now a T20, no mention of partial refunds despite losing 60 overs.

Poor overall really.
15:57, Fri 22 Oct
We had day 2 tickets for a Friday in August v South Africa.

Now it’s for a Saturday in July v India for what is, despite what they might say, a meaningless one off test match.

Pretty annoying tbh
DES
16:54, Fri 22 Oct
Meaningless? Isn’t to two one to India at the moment? So if we win we draw the runner. How is that meaningless??
Kro
16:56, Fri 22 Oct
Likewise had 6 tickets for day one of SA test in August which is in the schools holidays and two of our tickets are for kids at school/6th form but first day of India test is not in the holidays. In theory you can apply for the weekend days but there is no guarantee there will be any left.

I’m pretty furious. Complete ballsup if you ask me by the ECB.
16:58, Fri 22 Oct
Hagley Blue

Now it’s for a Saturday in July v India for what is, despite what they might say, a meaningless one off test match.

Pretty annoying tbh

Same for me but actually I’m ok with the change because the August one was less convenient due to holiday plans etc.
18:14, Fri 22 Oct
Hagley Blue

Pretty annoying tbh

Annoying

It's outrageous
20:17, Fri 22 Oct
Change of dates notwithstanding it’s superb for Warwickshire. A test match against India will be commercial gold dust particularly when it’s the only one of the summer.
Yes from a commercial bit it is. But it’s appalling for the fans that have already bought a ticket for a different game.

A Saturday ticket is now a Sunday, a Sunday a Monday which isn’t a public holiday, that’s awful..

The South Africa test was scheduled around the bank holiday

The club have also said to swap the days you need a refund and repurchase, but the prices will increase; that’s disgusting. The refund won’t even be processed when the booking opens

08:03, Sat 23 Oct
Indeed.

The concept that a series that was last played in Sept 2021 can somehow meaningfully be "completed" 10 months later is crazy.

But in the meantime, let's p off the fans who have paid good money and made plans to attend the SA game, almost a year in advance by switching the days their tickets are valid for, the opponents their tickets are valid against and the month in which the tickets can be used.

Be interesting to know of any other sport outside of first class cricket where the administrators do their best to inconvenience the fans and to make it as tough as possible to follow the game.
10:34, Sat 23 Oct
I had Saturday tickets for the Test Match that are now Sunday. Not great as work next day but think I’ll keep.

Also ODI tickets @£86 that are now T20. It was taking the piss at that price already but surely they can’t charge the same for half the cricket 🤷‍♂️
DES
12:29, Sat 23 Oct
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Change of dates notwithstanding it’s superb for Warwickshire. A test match against India will be commercial gold dust particularly when it’s the only one of the summer.
Great move congrats to authorities having the gumption to complete the series👏
I can’t wait and hopefully Indian fan’s will help sell out’

Kro