20:56, Sat 23 Oct
Yes, I apologise, just scrolled up and clocked on🤦🏼‍♂️

As you can tell, I’m trying my hardest to defend Hogan from the haters at the minute🤣
20:58, Sat 23 Oct
Hogan and Deeney for me please.
21:04, Sat 23 Oct
Same as today for me too. He just needs a goal.
21:15, Sat 23 Oct
Its alright 🤣
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
21:36, Sat 23 Oct
Ser Tait
Its alright 🤣

💙 🌹 💋
A nice conclusion. Amazing what a win can do to calm down the SHA and bring fans back together. Sort of.
We need more of this positivity.
21:41, Sat 23 Oct
Great game I thought from Graham he’s been patient for his chance and it seems like he’s taken it well :)
22:29, Sat 23 Oct
Nose of Blue
Gardner missed a completely open goal

From 20 yards taken first time. It's absolutely ludicrous to suggest it was comparable or easier.

I didn't even flinch when Gardner hit it, I just didn't expect it to go in at all.

It was a pass in.

Horrific miss. You would have scored it

This is a bloke who we are expecting to hit a pass to a teammate with a first time ball

He couldn’t hit an open goal yards wide with the keeper in our ticket office
01:03, Sun 24 Oct
Nose of Blue
Gardner missed a completely open goal

From 20 yards taken first time. It's absolutely ludicrous to suggest it was comparable or easier.

I didn't even flinch when Gardner hit it, I just didn't expect it to go in at all.

It was a pass in.

Horrific miss. You would have scored it

This is a bloke who we are expecting to hit a pass to a teammate with a first time ball

He couldn’t hit an open goal yards wide with the keeper in our ticket office

Bet he was number 38 in the queue too
01:28, Sun 24 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
And helped them with their goal. And nearly cost another late on clearing in our box to their player in our box.
Bring back Woods please

Yes, get the right protection around Woods and we are a much better side.

I just fail to see what Gardner offers at this level and haven't wanted to jump in on him after a loss. But he is simply not good enough. He is only liked because of his name, his desire and he has chipped in with the odd goal. His passing is shockingly below par for a midfielder at this level. His close control is woeful. These combined means he has no time with the ball and will just hoof it forward or to the opposition. He rarely links up play with his passing.

He tries to make up for these deficiencies with his heart and desire, great stamina and great tackling. He gets stuck in and can win a header as he has a great physical presence but it isnt enough for a championship midfielder.

His constant giving the ball away means we are always under pressure and cant peg a team back as play constantly breaks down.

He has also been paired with Sunjic, who is often maligned for his use of the ball. He does give it away a fair bit but he also plays the odd incisive forward pass, great example today and throughout the season. He is also a better ratter and great engine. He does everything Gardner does but better, except heading. So if you are playing the two you aren't going to be knitting passes together and dominating play.

Getting Woods alongside Sunjic is the much better option, ideally with a three. Maybe give Chong a few more defensive duties to help out Woods. Every change has positives and benefits. You will lose a bit of Chong but get a lot more out of your midfield. He could also try different formation that give us a 3 in midfield. At this stage I would do anything to accommodate Woods and build the rest around him.

If it doesnt work, then we know, but he did look the best team player in the opening 8 or so games and we looked better for it.

TLDR: Bye bye Gardner, Hello Woods
06:10, Sun 24 Oct
I'm not a huge Gardner fan but thought he was really good in the second half
10:05, Sun 24 Oct
I understand some of the criticisms of Gardner, but I think the areas where he does add something, such as stamina, tackling etc. help with the protection that our defence needs. Woods and Sunjic alone do not provide that and make us more vulnerable.

Yesterday was a much better performance all round but at times we still looked vulnerable at the back through the channels, especially early on in the game. Better teams than Swansea will exploit that. The defence still need all the help they can get.
10:08, Sun 24 Oct
generalBlue
Nikola Zigic
roger hynd
Nah
Nothing wrong with Hogan today

I'd like to see Graham in his preferred position eventually

Nothing wrong with Hogan?

Apart from the absolutely horrendous eff up of the easy 1 on 1 chance and being completely unable to stay inside for the rest of the game.

Come on.

There speaks a bloke sitting at his desk in his chosen profession.
He made the wrong decision and should have scored but even the ver best in that position fail to score.
I’ll give him some slack and FWIT I’d start with the same lineup next game.
Juke as an option off the bench is ok for me

You're talking like him missing chances like that is a rarity?

He did the same at Barnsley in a game we drew.

I'm all for defending him but look we've got to be honest, that's not good enough.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:27, Sun 24 Oct
The highlights on the Swansea YouTube channel show Gardners miss, in fairness to him he’s off balance when he goes to strike it, not necessarily the easiest of chances.

Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:39, Sun 24 Oct
Nikola Zigic
generalBlue
Nikola Zigic
roger hynd
Nah
Nothing wrong with Hogan today

I'd like to see Graham in his preferred position eventually

Nothing wrong with Hogan?

Apart from the absolutely horrendous eff up of the easy 1 on 1 chance and being completely unable to stay inside for the rest of the game.

Come on.

There speaks a bloke sitting at his desk in his chosen profession.
He made the wrong decision and should have scored but even the ver best in that position fail to score.
I’ll give him some slack and FWIT I’d start with the same lineup next game.
Juke as an option off the bench is ok for me

You're talking like him missing chances like that is a rarity?

He did the same at Barnsley in a game we drew.

I'm all for defending him but look we've got to be honest, that's not good enough.

The point is he's the only forward we've got capable of making the type of runs to get in one on one.
Yes he's missed a few sitters but our other strikers don't miss because they're not capable of making chances for themselves.
Must start with Deeney next game
10:41, Sun 24 Oct
Super Hans
The highlights on the Swansea YouTube channel show Gardners miss, in fairness to him he’s off balance when he goes to strike it, not necessarily the easiest of chances.

On an angle, first time, off balance and 25 yards out is a tap in apparently.

I cannot believe people are suggesting that was as easy as Hogan's.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”