08:13, Sat 20 Nov
Bert
MSM BBC IN particular

There are currently 3 articles on the BBC sport page, one solely about his anti semitism, one about crickets issue with racism, which doesn’t mention Rafiqs remarks and finally one on racism in sport in general, which has paragraphs about Rafiqs anti semitism.

So two out of three are castigating him about it and the other is the result of the ECB meeting at lords yesterday.

In fact the sole article about just Rafiq, and not the wider impact of racism in sport, is about his anti Semitic remarks.

Not sure what more you’d want really
08:21, Sat 20 Nov
There is a lot of underlying racism on this thread, it’s a bit depressing. Lots of people who have only decided to comment once Rafiqs messages have come out and are delighted to bash him without seeming to have any opinion on the appalling treatment him and others have received over a number of years.
08:33, Sat 20 Nov
Fat Buddha
There is a lot of underlying racism on this thread, it’s a bit depressing. Lots of people who have only decided to comment once Rafiqs messages have come out and are delighted to bash him without seeming to have any opinion on the appalling treatment him and others have received over a number of years.

I’ve said it a couple of times, absolutely amazed people would think their first response on this thread being about Rafiq’s anti semitism wouldn’t be seen right through.

One posters first contribution to this thread was a concern about Ballance’s mental well being. I mean seriously, you might as well sign post where your feelings lie.

It’s really shocking and I’m genuinely surprised how many posters have done this. I wonder how many would take this approach in face to face conversation. It just highlights the problems we have in this country at the moment. Especially considering I’d say this board is quite a tolerant place, generally.
08:34, Sat 20 Nov
IanT
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
It’s not at all complicated.

Disagree.

For you it's black and white, evidently for many other mere mortals it isn't.

You’re putting words in my mouth Ian. It’s obviously not black and white, nor is it about absolutes. But it’s also not very complicated if people engage their brains a bit.

Let’s summarise the 300+ posts in this thread.

1) try your best not to judge people on the basis of ethnicity, religion or appearance
2) try not to belittle people in a group because you’re in a position of power
3) try not to excuse people of horrible views because they’re old or because ‘society was like that’
4) accept that human beings can learn, develop and change, particularly younger people that make mistakes
5) if people express genuine contrition, take them at face value
6) if you have yourself said something you regret, apologise and try and understand why it caused offence
7) appreciate that the parameters of what is offensive have to be defined by the offended, rather than the offender
8) recognise that whataboutery is almost always being used as a device in order to obfuscate
9) make the assumption that anybody that ever uses the term ‘race card’, ‘woke’ or ‘political correctness gone mad’ is part of the problem

Can we pin this list as a reminder please?
09:30, Sat 20 Nov
Fat Buddha

I’ve said it a couple of times, absolutely amazed people would think their first response on this thread being about Rafiq’s anti semitism wouldn’t be seen right through.

One posters first contribution to this thread was a concern about Ballance’s mental well being. I mean seriously, you might as well sign post where your feelings lie.

It’s really shocking and I’m genuinely surprised how many posters have done this. I wonder how many would take this approach in face to face conversation. It just highlights the problems we have in this country at the moment. Especially considering I’d say this board is quite a tolerant place, generally.

Most of the people who are posting on here are white, British. Never experienced racism. Find it hard to empathise with Rafiq as they've never walked a mile in his shoes. I haven't either, I'm white, middle aged never been judged on my skin colour, never had my kids bullied because of it but I can still see racism and be disgusted by it. Perhaps if some on here had better imaginations then they may be more sympathetic.
09:38, Sat 20 Nov
Have you found the articles on the BBC yet?
10:06, Sat 20 Nov
Radavis
Fat Buddha

Its why I've stayed away from it on here having seen the twitter threads and Facebook comments full of prejudice and racism laid bare, quite shocking to see how much pride and zeal some people have in some really horrible takes
18:01, Sat 20 Nov
Link won't open
What's it all about?
lowercaser

I tend to agree with her comments, the whole thing just really hasn't added up from the the start
18:10, Sat 20 Nov
16 year old Girl tells 24yr old man she's 17, lets him buy her a drink, and then he sends her suggestive messages [presumably she voluntarily gave him her contact details].

Not my cup of tea, and a bit sleazy, but the sort of thing that young people get up to all the time I expect.

I'm sure other examples are safely stored away to discredit him.
UK 2022. 3 limousines to drive a £3 million hat 3 miles so that an unelected man can tell us we won't be helping our hungriest citizens during a cost of living crisis
lowercaser

I tend to agree with her comments, the whole thing just really hasn't added up from the the start

What hasn't added up?
18:12, Sat 20 Nov
Nothing to see here then
Sun type journalism
21:43, Sat 20 Nov
Been travelling all day just arrived my hotel next to the pyramid,.
Regard the MSM & the BBC in particular they will always find ways of finding wrong in our country and the Rafiqe case kind proves the point they revel in any form of racism that fits their narrative, I have no doubt that Rafique suffered from mindless banter(racism) from not very bright teammates & others it might make him a martyr but not a saint,
The being forced to drink wine was indicative of the bbc mindset,
I know that contrary to the BBC & Msm narrative the UK is one of the least racist countries on the planet,
KRO
S#it result today
22:41, Sat 20 Nov
What about an underage Muslim being held down and forced to consume alcohol is the BBC mindset??
UK 2022. 3 limousines to drive a £3 million hat 3 miles so that an unelected man can tell us we won't be helping our hungriest citizens during a cost of living crisis