22:50, Sat 20 Nov
Bert
Been travelling all day just arrived my hotel next to the pyramid,.
Regard the MSM & the BBC in particular they will always find ways of finding wrong in our country and the Rafiqe case kind proves the point they revel in any form of racism that fits their narrative, I have no doubt that Rafique suffered from mindless banter(racism) from not very bright teammates & others it might make him a martyr but not a saint,
The being forced to drink wine was indicative of the bbc mindset,
I know that contrary to the BBC & Msm narrative the UK is one of the least racist countries on the planet,
KRO
S#it result today

Just out of curiosity who are the MSM you talk of? Do the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph, Times, Sun, Spectator, LBC, ITV, GB NEWS (snigger), Sky News, Talk Radio count? Or just the BBC, C4 News, Guardian and the New Statesmen?
22:54, Sat 20 Nov
Very good points there, Mr Trump.
02:36, Sun 21 Nov
Bert
Regard the MSM & the BBC in particular they will always find ways of finding wrong in our country and the Rafiqe case kind proves the point they revel in any form of racism that fits their narrative, I have no doubt that Rafique suffered from mindless banter(racism) from not very bright teammates & others it might make him a martyr but not a saint,
I know that contrary to the BBC & Msm narrative the UK is one of the least racist countries on the planet,
KRO
S#it result today

How do you spell his name wrong, twice, in different ways when the name is in the title of the thread?
04:09, Sun 21 Nov
barnieeee
Bert
KRO I am not very good at spelling
S#it result today

How do you spell his name wrong, twice, in different ways when the name is in the title of the thread?
05:05, Sun 21 Nov
The pomposity on this thread is palpable,
05:06, Sun 21 Nov
I'm a a rubbish speller,
05:08, Sun 21 Nov
It's a national Malaise,
07:30, Sun 21 Nov

s is the insidious racism
08:04, Sun 21 Nov
Fat Buddha

s is the insidious racism

It’s always being this way down the blues despite having so many supporters of colour amongst us.

Genuinely happy with those in the thread showing empathy and understanding to the ills of racism.

Not going to get triggered by the race baiters.

Rafiq, comments on Jews when 19 is not uncommon especially given the history of Palestine. It’s not as if lots of neutrals in the spat don’t feel the same sort of sympathy towards the Palestinians.

He’s owned it and apologised for it. How many posting and responding in this thread can say they have a squeaky clean past on racism???
08:33, Sun 21 Nov
I’m not sure bringing Palestine into it offers any smidgen of an excuse, you may not be, but it sounds like he at least had a reason to be racist

All forms are as bad as each, a racist of any culture will believe they have a reason to be intolerant

I’m glad he’s accepted he was wrong and apologised for saying it

Given they’ve now started to leak other things, like the texts to a 16 year old, the smear campaign is now in full swing
08:51, Sun 21 Nov
I think lots of people get angry with some of the things we witness on tv covering the Middle East. I’ve also being guilty of singing anti Semitic songs when playing against spurs.

I was young and didn’t even stop to consider how disgusting some of those songs are. You’re under the influence of alcohol and you’re positioning it as banter in pretty much the same way some are saying it was aimed at Rafiq.

However on one occasion we were all challenged by a friend of ours whom it turned out was Jewish. We didn’t realise because he looked like the average Brit.

It was a wake up call especially for me being of colour myself and knowing how it feels to be on the receiving end.

I’ve never sung anti Semitic songs since. I think this is where Rafiq, has a strong case given the players must have realised at some point he wasn’t happy with what they called banter.
09:30, Sun 21 Nov
👍
mad
10:46, Sun 21 Nov
Clapton

Oh I think they are worth calling out from time to time.
10:58, Sun 21 Nov
mad
mad
Clapton

Oh I think they are worth calling out from time to time.

I’m just shocked by how many there are that dip in, contribute very little in terms of facts and disappear again.

If it’s indicative of wider society it’s really worrying.
mad
11:06, Sun 21 Nov
I'm not sure it is. It's a strategic thing for them. Imagine how many forums they are on pretending to be this that or the other getting a feel for how far they can push their bile each time.

They do push narratives though. They (some) are also well paid to do this too. It's no freak accident.

There will also be those that miss the point entirely too which I'd say is a worry