My last word too, imo he didn't lunge, he knew exactly what he was doing and went for the blokes trailing foot to trip him and stop him. It appeared a lunge maybe because he was slow and the player was getting away from him, did it myself more than once as a player.
We'll have to agree to disagree, but no way I think Woods was out of control.
Yeah, the consistency is the worst of it though and I'd be quite happy if every clip from behind was red carded.
It won't be though.
20:42, Thu 25 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Last one from me on this thread from me.
I think he lunged, swung wildly to kick him, not hook his leg, and by doing that endangered him.
Imo you can’t kick a player purposely without going for the ball. Same as you can’t head someone without going for the ball. I understand people don’t agree, but myself and a few others on here do think he deserved it. More importantly I think we all agree that the lack of consistency is the biggest issue 👍

Yeah totally mate and wasn’t directly disagreeing with you - meant to post just on the thread more than to you originally. 👍
23:02, Thu 25 Nov
Last one from me on this thread from me.
I think he lunged, swung wildly to kick him, not hook his leg, and by doing that endangered him.
Imo you can’t kick a player purposely without going for the ball. Same as you can’t head someone without going for the ball. I understand people don’t agree, but myself and a few others on here do think he deserved it. More importantly I think we all agree that the lack of consistency is the biggest issue 👍

Nailed. It wasn’t a clip. It wasn’t him impeding.

He kicked the bloke from behind.
21:22, Fri 26 Nov
Rugby tackle in the Albion game to prevent a counter - yellow card!
I'm seething. Just seen Jason Molumby rugby tackle Forest player who was running at pace....only a yellow card! But Woods the other night was a red....
21:36, Fri 26 Nov
macca salop blue
I'm seething. Just seen Jason Molumby rugby tackle Forest player who was running at pace....only a yellow card! But Woods the other night was a red....
The two weren't even comparable.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
08:43, Sat 27 Nov
macca salop blue
The two weren't even comparable.

Is that your second to last word then? 😛
08:55, Sat 27 Nov
I presumed it was a different thread 😂😂
I can’t believe the 2 were compared though
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:21, Sat 27 Nov
I've said my last word...😁

seriously though it's one of those isn't it? some still swear blind it was a yellow (me) others don't, gone now though innit. Didn't see the baggies incident so can't comment.
09:27, Sat 27 Nov
He grabbed him with both hands around the waist and bought him down. Still some thought he should get a red
09:35, Sat 27 Nov
One thing I do agree with you on is it shouldn't matter if it's deemed violent conduct or not or if there is one or five defenders still between the incident and the goal - it SHOULD be a straight red for these cynical fouls where a player isn't even attempting to go for the ball.
It ruins the spectacle, it stops attacking moves and is totally against the spirit of the game, straight red for it and it stops, immediately.

The only reason so many were up in arms is the inconsistency. I've seen tackles like Woods did given as a yellow loads of times.
The solution is there and simple - what is wrong with the law makers of the game?
12:44, Sat 27 Nov
Bluesince62
One thing I do agree with you on is it shouldn't matter if it's deemed violent conduct or not or if there is one or five defenders still between the incident and the goal - it SHOULD be a straight red for these cynical fouls where a player isn't even attempting to go for the ball.
It ruins the spectacle, it stops attacking moves and is totally against the spirit of the game, straight red for it and it stops, immediately.

The only reason so many were up in arms is the inconsistency. I've seen tackles like Woods did given as a yellow loads of times.
The solution is there and simple - what is wrong with the law makers of the game?

I agree with your sentiment but the issue is that it’s very difficult to remove any degree of interpretation, and thus inconsistency. You’ve seen on this thread that knowledgeable people can have polar opposite views on what is deemed dangerous. In your example the interpretation will be whether or not someone is attempting to play the ball. Is it a cynical challenge or an honest attempt where the player is beaten by the skill of the opponent? The Woods example was clearly cynical but there will be many instances where it isn’t so clear.

As an aside, I have said for a while that technology exists to model how a player would naturally fall under an opponent’s challenge. If a player’s fall doesn’t fit the model to a certain extent then they should get a retrospective ban for simulation. That’s one way to try and remove interpretation but you could likely only apply it after the event
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
13:04, Sat 27 Nov
Several things

FCS...it's 4 days ago now, let it lie

Lets play the incident the other way round (and pretend we have a pacy attacker!). The Cov guy does the same tackle as Woods did. Everyone here would be shouting 'Clear red'

But most importantly, I think the Laws of the game start with the clause "If, in the opinion of the referee...'. In other words its subjective. If you want to stop the game to check every goal scored penno given/not given, every yellow or red card given/not given then welcome to the world of American Football half a dozen refs per game and each game lasting 3 hours plus.

Neighbour's son is a L1/L2 official. We sometimes chat about his job...and if folk saw all the stuff officials have to go through to try to get consistency they'd be a bit less keen to talk about dodgy refs cheating

Can we lose this persecution complex that everyone's out to get us. Much as some would like to assume the mantle, we are not the Millwall of the Midlands.

And ultimately these things even out over 46 games...people rememeber when we wuz robbed a whole lot more than when we got lucky
Did we appeal it?
"Goodbye" says it all
13:22, Sat 27 Nov
Yep lost appeal.