17:49, Thu 25 Nov
It was wild and his studs were showing. It was only debatable as a red because Woods was actually too slow to hit him properly.
17:53, Thu 25 Nov
Gardner and Woods have shafted Bowyer and their team mates. 2 idiotic decisions that will very likely cost us a few points. Let’s hope Sunjic gets a good kip on Friday

I wonder what Lee will say to the slowcoaches now...chpo the bastard down or give it up and let one of yer mates deal with it, or just hope this effing hate screws up.

He'll say chop him down, but do it sooner, before it looks like the last desperate act of a dying man
17:53, Thu 25 Nov
Los Azules
That’s one thing we can agree on. Can you imagine how bad they’re in league 1? Scary.
There’s probably not a lot of difference all down the levels. Fitness will be a big thing and age. Plenty of Prem refs are clueless. Hearing Stuart Attwells name annoys me, before a game has started on tv
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:01, Thu 25 Nov
James to start on Saturday then? Shame we can’t get Stirk back for a bit.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:13, Thu 25 Nov
I'm furious about the inconsistency of officials, but I think that's everyone's main gripe. I personally think it's a yellow not a red but when we see so many horrific decisions against us and then the amount of 'reds' not given against Chong earlier this season, that's really what winds me up.

But that's in the past now. Seriously what are we going to do for Saturday? Not even then, the next 3 games now we have just Sunjic. McGree doesn't do enough defensively for me to slot in there effectively, but I don't really see what other option we have. Jordan James will probably play 10 with McGree in the deeper role.

Any other suggestions?
18:24, Thu 25 Nov
Wouldn’t be shocked to see McGree and Sunjic with Aneke in front. Bowyer seems to think 10 is his best position
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
18:26, Thu 25 Nov
I hate these so called “professional fouls” but they are made routinely now and get a yellow card unless the defender is the last player. A poor, unnecessary challenge, but a ridiculous decision to send him off. Anyone who thinks it deserves a red can’t watch much football.
18:27, Thu 25 Nov
Super Hans
Well that’s the precedent set.

Management and players alike need to be shit hot on the officials in coming games when this happens to us.
Btw have you seen Livermore’s red card from Saturday?
That appeal also failed
18:31, Thu 25 Nov
Nah and tbh I’m not too interested in other teams.

I’ve seen this foul happen to us far often this season alone. Chong would be leading the league in getting people sent off if this is how it’s going to be.

I hope the fans bring their A game on Saturday
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:33, Thu 25 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Wouldn’t be shocked to see McGree and Sunjic with Aneke in front. Bowyer seems to think 10 is his best position

I don't think Bowyer can be criticised regardless of what he does Saturday. He's got 9 injuries, suspensions or doubts for saturday:

Colin (out), Pederson (doubt), Friend (out), Sanchez (out), Gardner (susp), Woods (susp), Chong (out), Graham (doubt), Oakley (doubt)

Graham hinted he might be back on Saturday on twitter but to be honest, I don't want to rush anybody back because we can't afford this many injuries.

Got to be Castillo playing right side of defence and McGree/Sunjic midfield I think, but to be honest I'm giving him a free pass for team selection over the next few games.
18:40, Thu 25 Nov
mjd2505
Rab C Nesbitt

I don't think Bowyer can be criticised regardless of what he does Saturday. He's got 9 injuries, suspensions or doubts for saturday:

Colin (out), Pederson (doubt), Friend (out), Sanchez (out), Gardner (susp), Woods (susp), Chong (out), Graham (doubt), Oakley (doubt)

Graham hinted he might be back on Saturday on twitter but to be honest, I don't want to rush anybody back because we can't afford this many injuries.

Got to be Castillo playing right side of defence and McGree/Sunjic midfield I think, but to be honest I'm giving him a free pass for team selection over the next few games.
Castillo is left sided . And if we don’t try and win the game, I’ll criticise Bowyer. The last 2 performances have been way too negative even with 11 men
18:47, Thu 25 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
mjd2505
Rab C Nesbitt

Castillo is left sided . And if we don’t try and win the game, I’ll criticise Bowyer. The last 2 performances have been way too negative even with 11 men

He is, but didn't he come on for Oakley on the right side against Cov? Not saying it's his natural position but neither is Bela at the left side of defence, beggars can't be choosers.
I completely agree. I should be more clear, I meant Bowyer shouldn't be criticised for his team selection if he wants to experiment or something. I still expect better performances. The passing %'s I saw in the other thread are horrific and I said coming out of the game that despite controversy, we're really lucky to get a point against Cov.

Performances have to improve, but it's a harsh period to judge the manager on team selection, in summary.
18:49, Thu 25 Nov
Pedersen is back by the sounds of it so I’d go Peds on the left and Bela on the right, that’s assuming he won’t budge from the current system

McGree alongside Sunjic in a slightly more disciplined role
18:59, Thu 25 Nov
Agree but who plays No.10? Aneke can't last 90 minutes...
Just as their defensive crisis eased Birmingham City now face a shortage in central midfield

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]