08:20, Sun 28 Nov
Birmingham City returned to winning ways after Lukas Jutkiewicz's second goal of the season saw them beat Blackpool 1-0 - this is what Lee Bowyer made of it

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
09:43, Sun 28 Nov
I used to ignore these under Karanka but Bowyer's ones are good. Tactically he really gets it, he's got his faults and he's too stubborn at times but reading that about the wing backs is really interesting.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
09:52, Sun 28 Nov
Credit to him for demanding more positivity and getting players higher up the pitch. At Hull and Cov I’ve said we were too negative and in other games tbf. Changing to the diamond is a good option for us , that’s been proven and I’ll never knock trying to win a game in yesterday’s circumstances. We gave them far too much time on the ball first half especially
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
09:57, Sun 28 Nov
Mentioned the other day that he seems very good at tweaking shit at half time.

His favoured formation at Charlton was a diamond

[www.cafc.co.uk]
09:58, Sun 28 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Credit to him for demanding more positivity and getting players higher up the pitch. At Hull and Cov I’ve said we were too negative and in other games tbf. Changing to the diamond is a good option for us , that’s been proven and I’ll never knock trying to win a game in yesterday’s circumstances. We gave them far too much time on the ball first half especially

What I noticed was how our defenders were standing off a little even they were passing the ball. When their players received a pass that had time to control the ball then turn and run or pass. That's basic stuff my lads team are taught. Don't let your marker turn and run at you. Get tight to him. And just "stand the player up". The only times we got tight we dived in and either the man was away or we gave up a foul. I thought that was really basic and poor yesterday especially first half.
09:59, Sun 28 Nov
Fat Buddha
Mentioned the other day that he seems very good at tweaking shit at half time.

His favoured formation at Charlton was a diamond

[www.cafc.co.uk]

Diamonds tend to be short term fixes, so I think we'll see it in a burst again until people are fit.

I would say being one of the two shuttling midfielders is the hardest position to play in football.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
10:11, Sun 28 Nov
McGree and James yesterday. Both did very well.
10:14, Sun 28 Nov
Tldr...can"t keep McGree.
11:30, Sun 28 Nov
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

What I noticed was how our defenders were standing off a little even they were passing the ball. When their players received a pass that had time to control the ball then turn and run or pass. That's basic stuff my lads team are taught. Don't let your marker turn and run at you. Get tight to him. And just "stand the player up". The only times we got tight we dived in and either the man was away or we gave up a foul. I thought that was really basic and poor yesterday especially first half.

Same as my point in the "tactics going forward" thread - WBs way too deep 1st half. As I suspected LB confirmed in the article that he addressed it at half time but I'm concerned that it even needed saying, the players should have known beforehand. It would have cost us the game before h/t if Blackpool could've finished. It was very very poor from coach and players alike.

Also I'm not convinced about a diamond. I'm open-minded but its obvious downsides are
1. We are shite with 4 at the back
2. It relies on FBs getting forward for width - if they do it leaves us even more exposed.
3. Who plays pivot? Woods has the technical ability but not the legs, Sunjic vice-versa.

It's got its merits but it's far from a no-brainer. 343 has served us well so far.
11:33, Sun 28 Nov
We haven’t tried 343 really have we?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:39, Sun 28 Nov
Haircut1000
Tldr...can"t keep McGree.

We've known that for a while now, it's shit but unavoidable.

Big January coming up with McGree gone and Chong injured. That position is a matter of urgency.
11:45, Sun 28 Nov
It's semantics.

I call our current formation 3-4-3

It'd be more accurate to call it 3-4-1-2 I suppose, I'm just being lazy.

But my substantive point stands. 3 CBs has served us well, there are risks (and rewards) of going to 2.

Making the right call is where LB lives or dies so good luck to him.
11:47, Sun 28 Nov
👍
11:49, Sun 28 Nov
Get down that wing Wigley
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

Same as my point in the "tactics going forward" thread - WBs way too deep 1st half. As I suspected LB confirmed in the article that he addressed it at half time but I'm concerned that it even needed saying, the players should have known beforehand. It would have cost us the game before h/t if Blackpool could've finished. It was very very poor from coach and players alike.

Also I'm not convinced about a diamond. I'm open-minded but its obvious downsides are
2. It relies on FBs getting forward for width - if they do it leaves us even more exposed.
3. Who plays pivot? Woods has the technical ability but not the legs, Sunjic vice-versa.

It's got its merits but it's far from a no-brainer. 343 has served us well so far.

My point was players not even doing the basics well, not so much about formation. But you make some fair points.
12:08, Sun 28 Nov
Bluestaines
Get down that wing Wigley
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

My point was players not even doing the basics well, not so much about formation. But you make some fair points.

Yeah I agree - we were way too slow to engage all over the pitch 1st half. I suppose what I was trying to say was that it was caused largely by WBs being too deep meaning we had 5 at the back marking 3 hence blackpool had overloads all over the place in front of us...players and coaches at Champ level shouldn't be allowing that to happen, no wonder their gaffer was arsed off they didn't capitalise!