TinaTractor
What if instead of renaming the family stand, we have a game every year ‘Arthur’s Game’ where it’s kids for a quid. Can be this same weekend every year which will help families too in the run up to Xmas.

Or even say kids come for free one game a season, Arthur’s game - make it in the school holidays. Or donate some of the gate receipts to a children’s charity at one game a season with collection buckets too. It could do some good and help to keep his memory alive every season.

Plenty of possible options if that person at the club with common sense can be located ….
20:20, Mon 6 Dec
bluepeter
TinaTractor
What if instead of renaming the family stand, we have a game every year ‘Arthur’s Game’ where it’s kids for a quid. Can be this same weekend every year which will help families too in the run up to Xmas.

Or even say kids come for free one game a season, Arthur’s game - make it in the school holidays. Or donate some of the gate receipts to a children’s charity at one game a season with collection buckets too. It could do some good and help to keep his memory alive every season.

Plenty of possible options if that person at the club with common sense can be located ….
To both 👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:23, Mon 6 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
bluepeter
TinaTractor

To both 👍

Definitely - kids for a quid or kids go for free and make a real focus on them for the day with charity collections and/or kids half time game etc. Just think ‘Arthur’s Game’ would be a really strong lasting way of remembering the poor lad whilst hopefully helping to prevent it happening again. KRO.

Edit: and also carry more weight than renaming the family stand as could see it still just getting called the family stand.
21:18, Mon 6 Dec
TinaTractor

Good idea, it would focus the mind each year when the game comes round, the club could donate the quid's to specific charities, I think this is better than naming a stand.
22:11, Mon 6 Dec

👍👏
22:37, Mon 6 Dec
TinaTractor

An excellent idea, to have an annual Arthur’s Day game.

Personally, I’d like everyone to pay in full, and (say) half the proceeds handed over to the NSPCC. Players might also like to (voluntarily) donate half their week’s wages.

We could even discuss a collaborative effort with WBA and that lot over the Expressway. I’m sure we’d all feel the same about this tragedy, no matter which club Arthur supported.
22:41, Mon 6 Dec
SOBLUE
TinaTractor

Personally, I’d like everyone to pay in full, and (say) half the proceeds handed over to the NSPCC. Players might also like to (voluntarily) donate half their week’s wages.

We could even discuss a collaborative effort with WBA and that lot over the Expressway. I’m sure we’d all feel the same about this tragedy, no matter which club Arthur supported.
Surely the idea is for kids whose parents struggle to afford to get them to games bring them for a quid?
An Arthur foundation, to focus on deprived kids is another option
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
07:23, Tue 7 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
SOBLUE
TinaTractor

Surely the idea is for kids whose parents struggle to afford to get them to games bring them for a quid?

I think kids for a quid but plenty of opportunity for donations etc once at the ground/online for those that can afford to is a fairer and more inclusive way to do it.

Just need to get the Arthur’s Game idea to somebody at the club - I’ve messaged Davo and I’m there with Boylesport on Saturday so will try and grab Ian Dutton.
09:14, Tue 7 Dec
TinaTractor
Rab C Nesbitt
SOBLUE
TinaTractor

I think kids for a quid but plenty of opportunity for donations etc once at the ground/online for those that can afford to is a fairer and more inclusive way to do it.

Just need to get the Arthur’s Game idea to somebody at the club - I’ve messaged Davo and I’m there with Boylesport on Saturday so will try and grab Ian Dutton.

Let’s hope this can get off the ground, would be great if it does
09:25, Tue 7 Dec
TinaTractor
Rab C Nesbitt
SOBLUE
TinaTractor

Davo is nothing to do with the Club now is he?
09:26, Tue 7 Dec
He’s started doing his diaries again so I doubt he will be.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.

Re: Arthur

16:48, Tue 7 Dec
Dan it does not help when this wonderful government cuts the amount it spends to this City alone to by nearly 1/2 billion pounds.It does eventually find its way into all of the welfare services