16:33, Sun 5 Dec
Rags
Exactly. You’d expect someone not of the right moral fibre to handle such a big game.

Anyone seen what happened in Colombia ??????

[www.theguardian.com]

It’s just wrong, wherever it’s happening.

I’ve been to Colombia and couldn’t wait to get out. One of the most hostile, threatening countries I’ve ever been to.
CJ
16:50, Sun 5 Dec
Having watched the game last night I can understand Judes frustration. We think the efl and refs have it in for Blues but some of the decisions last night going for BM were even worse. Stonewall penalty for BD turned down, numerous fouls, and dubious penalty given to BM. Bet he goes to the World Cup. Still he shouldn't have called it.
16:57, Sun 5 Dec
If that was virtually any other player, most people on here would come down on him like a ton of bricks. If it was Grealish, for instance, we'd be clamouring for a debate in parliament. Football fans are fickle and mealy-mouthed, it's one of the things that keeps the game great. Rugby can keep it's sportsmanship. This week we're right and next week we'll still be right when we say the opposite thing about a different player. I dread the day when we're all weighing up the circumstances and commenting sensibly, without prejudice.

The game's not gone, Tom.
19:45, Sun 5 Dec
You’re inferring that. He isn’t implying it.

BELLINGHAM: – You give a referee that has match fixed before, the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?

That's very, VERY implyingy.
21:44, Sun 5 Dec
barnieeee
Super Hans
The offence happened when Jude was still in nappies, rehabilitation has to be a thing, or what’s the point.

Yes, rehabilitation is how criminals should be treated ie they should have decent opportunities to employment once they have served their sentence but they should be precluded from certain jobs.

25% of people convicted of any crime re-offend within a year. Now there may be an argument for how we treat criminals and reintegrate them into society but the figures are much better for Uk than countries like USA, so shows we do have a degree of tolerance. Germany 35%.

Rehabilitation does work in some cases but it blatantly doesn't in many cases. A person that has committed certain offences shouldn't be employed in the police etc those types of jobs and if you have committed a crime then you shouldn't be able to work in the field that you committed the crime in.

The level of refereeing is poor at times but it won't be to its detriment to not employ known match-fixers. He did it for 300 euros - just imagine how much he could be offered for BD v BM - it is utterly nonsensical. For 99% of referees, it would disgust the eff out of them and they would have the integrity to turn it down point blank. Not this guy, he went balls deep then grassed-up everybody when caught so got a lighter sentence.

He may well be rehabilitated, tough titties, you showed you are open to bungs and so what is the point in taking that level of risk

I was told the other day, haven’t checked if it true, that if you get a criminal record in the US, you are removed from the electoral register for life. Now that is nuts in terms of rehabilitation, basically not part of the democracy, for life.
21:57, Sun 5 Dec
Democracy is overated
22:04, Sun 5 Dec
Ain’t that the truth.
22:17, Sun 5 Dec
Democracy is overated

Long live the benevolent dictator ......... if only we could find one
23:09, Sun 5 Dec
Rags
Democracy is overated

Long live the benevolent dictator ......... if only we could find one

Alright, alright.

I'll do it.
08:22, Mon 6 Dec
stevo
All these people backing Bellingham,what would your response be if Deeney got a ban for saying something similar in the press ?

I'd be delighted that someone finally had the bollocks to call out the disgraceful way we're treated by referees.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
08:24, Mon 6 Dec
I wouldn't be so delighted to lose our best forward for 4 games though.

On that ref still reffing, what a disgrace, a lifetime ban from the sport for bribery - surely that should be a given.
08:40, Mon 6 Dec
When talking about the Ref it makes me think of Mohammed Amir, I know he was younger but he got his second chance in the same sport and became an excellent role model for what can be achieved with rehabilitation and forgiveness.
09:15, Mon 6 Dec
Fair point, but you are always going to have 'trust' issues, as in this case with Jude.
The ref may be just genuinely having a poor game, but with having being done for match fixing, he's never going to shake that now.
Also, other refs may think it's a gamble worth taking, if you aren't going to get a life time ban.
09:32, Mon 6 Dec
Bluesince62
Fair point, but you are always going to have 'trust' issues, as in this case with Jude.
The ref may be just genuinely having a poor game, but with having being done for match fixing, he's never going to shake that now.
Also, other refs may think it's a gamble worth taking, if you aren't going to get a life time ban.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure every time Amir bowled a no ball people were checking for irregular betting patterns. But with VAR in play as well, which it wasn’t when he was guilty of match fixing, it would be pretty difficult for him to fix a match now. Especially with the extra attention he’s bound to be getting.

I’m not sure if it would encourage others simply because his reputation is in tatters, hence the Jude comments.
09:45, Mon 6 Dec
JayBee1875
Rags
Exactly. You’d expect someone not of the right moral fibre to handle such a big game.

Anyone seen what happened in Colombia ??????

[www.theguardian.com]

It’s just wrong, wherever it’s happening.

I’ve been to Colombia and couldn’t wait to get out. One of the most hostile, threatening countries I’ve ever been to.

I have been 3 times, it's f*cking brilliant.