09:48, Mon 6 Dec
Radavis
barnieeee
Super Hans
The offence happened when Jude was still in nappies, rehabilitation has to be a thing, or what’s the point.

Yes, rehabilitation is how criminals should be treated ie they should have decent opportunities to employment once they have served their sentence but they should be precluded from certain jobs.

25% of people convicted of any crime re-offend within a year. Now there may be an argument for how we treat criminals and reintegrate them into society but the figures are much better for Uk than countries like USA, so shows we do have a degree of tolerance. Germany 35%.

Rehabilitation does work in some cases but it blatantly doesn't in many cases. A person that has committed certain offences shouldn't be employed in the police etc those types of jobs and if you have committed a crime then you shouldn't be able to work in the field that you committed the crime in.

The level of refereeing is poor at times but it won't be to its detriment to not employ known match-fixers. He did it for 300 euros - just imagine how much he could be offered for BD v BM - it is utterly nonsensical. For 99% of referees, it would disgust the eff out of them and they would have the integrity to turn it down point blank. Not this guy, he went balls deep then grassed-up everybody when caught so got a lighter sentence.

He may well be rehabilitated, tough titties, you showed you are open to bungs and so what is the point in taking that level of risk

I was told the other day, haven’t checked if it true, that if you get a criminal record in the US, you are removed from the electoral register for life. Now that is nuts in terms of rehabilitation, basically not part of the democracy, for life.
Yes its true, it was a way to stop black people voting basically. Bang them up for possessions of a bit of weed and then stop them voting ever again.
09:52, Mon 6 Dec
Charcy
JayBee1875
Rags
Exactly. You’d expect someone not of the right moral fibre to handle such a big game.

Anyone seen what happened in Colombia ??????

[www.theguardian.com]

It’s just wrong, wherever it’s happening.

I’ve been to Colombia and couldn’t wait to get out. One of the most hostile, threatening countries I’ve ever been to.

I have been 3 times, it's f*cking brilliant.

Me too. It was ace.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:56, Mon 6 Dec
Police are now involved aswell
10:14, Mon 6 Dec
Jude will just tell em it happened in the past and they wont investigate.
11:32, Mon 6 Dec
😅
11:41, Mon 6 Dec
“I don’t like that he said I match fixed😡”

“Well, did you match fix?”

“Yes, bu..”

“We’re done here”
14:37, Mon 6 Dec
“I don’t like that he said I match fixed😡”

“Well, did you match fix?”

“Yes, bu..”

“We’re done here”

to be fair to Jude, why on earth is a match official previously involved in match fixing allegations anywhere near the professional game??
16:11, Mon 6 Dec
Charcy
Radavis
I was told the other day, haven’t checked if it true, that if you get a criminal record in the US, you are removed from the electoral register for life. Now that is nuts in terms of rehabilitation, basically not part of the democracy, for life.
Yes its true, it was a way to stop black people voting basically. Bang them up for possessions of a bit of weed and then stop them voting ever again.
There are different laws in different States.

In most, I think once a felon has completed their sentence they can get back their voting rights. In Florida, a law was passed to allow this to happen, but the Governor enacted it that all fines, etc., had to also be paid to qualify, and that each case needed to be approved by the Governor (a huge logistic bottleneck). This was with the express intent to block ~1 million of predominantly black (and presumed demographic) gaining a vote in 2020.

[www.aclu.org]
16:13, Mon 6 Dec
The land of the free and the worlds greatest democracy eh? yeah, right-o.
16:15, Mon 6 Dec
FLORIDA
Those convicted of murder or a felony sexual offense cannot vote and must still apply to the governor for restoration.

Those convicted of other offenses have their voting rights automatically restored upon completion of their sentences (including parole and probation). In 2019, the Governor DeSantis signed a law defining “completion of sentence” to include full payment of restitution and fees. This change is subject to ongoing litigation.
MARYLAND (where I live)
People in prison cannot vote. Everyone else can vote.

TEXAS
People with felony convictions can vote upon completion of sentence.
14:12, Tue 7 Dec
He's been fined what will be less than a week's wages (£33k).
Jude Bellingham will have to pay 40,000 after comments about German referee Felix Zwayer

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
15:16, Tue 7 Dec
He's been fined what will be less than a week's wages (£33k).

Ridiculous. They should have given him a medal.