09:05, Mon 6 Dec
The second article in my series looking at where Birmingham City have spent money in recent years focuses on St Andrews stadium. The stadium has been the centre of news throughout most of the current regimes tenure due to the sale of the stadium to Birmingham City Stadium Ltd to get around P&S

[almajir.net]
09:06, Mon 6 Dec
I'll be around for a bit for anyone with questions.
09:17, Mon 6 Dec
Cracking piece again Dan.

Re the lower tiers, I was under the impression work had been ongoing on those whilst we were sorting the upper tiers out? Was this false? Or did it get shelved?
09:19, Mon 6 Dec
David Xavis

Re the lower tiers, I was under the impression work had been ongoing on those whilst we were sorting the upper tiers out? Was this false? Or did it get shelved?

I spoke to someone at the club last week, the word they have been given is nothing will be started now until the summer. My suspicion is access is an issue but I do not know that for certain.
09:25, Mon 6 Dec
That's grim Dan and worse of all rings true to me.
What would the owners listen to?
Maybe one game where no one at all turns up? As a protest and to try and put a little pressure on?
Trouble is these events never work as people will still turn up.
I have no answers and I admit I think we are on a slippery slope that's not going to end well.
09:27, Mon 6 Dec
El Mayor
David Xavis

I spoke to someone at the club last week, the word they have been given is nothing will be started now until the summer. My suspicion is access is an issue but I do not know that for certain.

Grim.

A repeat of the start of this season, next season then re STs for lower tiers etc. LB fighting a losing battle.
09:27, Mon 6 Dec
El Mayor

Realistically are you ever expecting the lower tiers to be opened again under the current ownership?
09:28, Mon 6 Dec
NouCamp
El Mayor

Realistically are you ever expecting the lower tiers to be opened again under the current ownership?

I would hope so, but it won't be this season.

I think the club really needs to open up and answer questions on this... but it's like getting blood from a rock going through official channels right now.
09:29, Mon 6 Dec
Thanks for a cheery Monday morning piece Dan.

I would suggest that looking into budgeting figures line by line is a bit of a red herring, quite often those in charge won’t look into details of where the budget is split in a line by line basis, but more where it is grouped. I’m sure a lot of it will be based around the previous years actual spends and forecasts.

Aside from that, is there anyone at the club that responds to you now? Someone their needs to see this as I’m sure it resonates with most.
09:31, Mon 6 Dec
Are we suggesting that the “actual” repair work (on the hardware) has not been started or ANY work hasn’t been done?

The former makes sense, TBh I can see what that would be the case.
09:48, Mon 6 Dec
I don’t understand the logic in not repairing the lower tiers (if they were to consider based on current attendance)from a return on investment front

Pre Covid we averaged 20-21,000 per game….. Even if we are selling 17000 tickets now that’s still a shortfall of 4000 odd at say £25 on average which 100k ….. let alone the add ins that 4K bring…… That’s around 2M per season……. Lost…….. Not fanciful figures….. ones we were achieving under Pep Clotet which I’m sure we can all agree wasn’t an anything special campaign to draw the fans in

I’m no George Soros but this is easy financial decision making based on passed performance !!
09:50, Mon 6 Dec
We're not selling out the available capacity at the moment.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:52, Mon 6 Dec
Bluewurst
Are we suggesting that the “actual” repair work (on the hardware) has not been started or ANY work hasn’t been done?

The former makes sense, TBh I can see what that would be the case.

You’re right, it makes absolute sense. Which makes it even worse is that the club won’t communicate this. I’m personally affected as our STs are in the lower Kop, but I understand totally that access is impossible during the season. Why won’t they simply announce the plans and situation? The owners really do need a new PR company!
09:54, Mon 6 Dec
True, but that's partly because a lot of people either don't want to sit in the shit seats, or it can be difficult to get groups together - I could only get 4 together for the Peterborough game in the GMU, unless I wanted restricted view in block 1 of the Tilton.

Added to the fact the whole place is pretty depressing to visit and the football is a bit shit, plus 10 years of being in this division, I'm not surprised we don't sell out.
09:55, Mon 6 Dec
IanT
We're not selling out the available capacity at the moment.

In part because the stadium isn't properly open and the experience is shit, they are interrelated