Bluesince62
TBF and without re reading his article, hasn't Littlejohn said real action is needed not gestures? not defending him btw.

Not the way I read it - he specifically said he'd leave others to dwell on the shortcomings of 'safeguarding' professionals and the leniency or otherwise of the sentences handed down to Arthur's father and stepmother. And in any case, I was thinking more about his stance on BLM really (I'm pretty sure he doesn't want anything actually done about racial injustice, and it's just that seeing others making a point about it annoying).

On his wider point about the Arthur thing being exploited, it seemed to miss the point to me that it wasn't so much about football owners trying to polish their reputation, but a genuine feeling from fans themselves that they wanted to do something. I can't really see that there's anything particularly controversial or noteworthy about that (don't join in if you don't agree etc.) - but then I'm not paid six figures a year to desperately fish around for contrarian viewpoints to justify my pay packet and attempt to stay relevant.
Bluesince62
TBF and without re reading his article, hasn't Littlejohn said real action is needed not gestures? not defending him btw.

Not the way I read it - he specifically said he'd leave others to dwell on the shortcomings of 'safeguarding' professionals and the leniency or otherwise of the sentences handed down to Arthur's father and stepmother. And in any case, I was thinking more about his stance on BLM really (I'm pretty sure he doesn't want anything actually done about racial injustice, and it's just that seeing others making a point about it annoying).

On his wider point about the Arthur thing being exploited, it seemed to miss the point to me that it wasn't so much about football owners trying to polish their reputation, but a genuine feeling from fans themselves that they wanted to do something. I can't really see that there's anything particularly controversial or noteworthy about that (don't join in if you don't agree etc.) - but then I'm not paid six figures a year to desperately fish around for contrarian viewpoints to justify my pay packet and attempt to stay relevant.

Yeah, good comment - bloke is a cock 100%.