15:21, Tue 7 Dec
Chris
The knobs probably forgot to change the clocks last time round

True story.
I've never been evicted from a football match, but I came close to being thrown out of Villa Park once when there was no match.

I was at a networking event there and we were offered the opportunity to do a stadium tour, so I took up the offer, along with about 30 others.
We were asked to meet up in the reception area of the North Stand.
It was on a Monday, when the clocks had gone back on the Saturday night.
Someone pointed out that the reception clock was still showing the wrong time.
I said, quite loudly so everyone could hear "They don't bother adjusting the clocks here. They live permanently in 1982."
The tour guide - a pleasant young lady - fixed me with a steely glare and said "Watch it! I'm keeping an eye on you!"
A bit later, in the tunnel leading to the pitch, I encoraged people to sing the traditional football anthem of "Roll out the Barrel". Which a few dd, with the original words too, as they weren't football followers.
Cue the pleasant young lady again. "I've warned you! Any more trouble and you'll be thrown out!"
16:47, Tue 7 Dec
Chris
The knobs probably forgot to change the clocks last time round

True story.
I've never been evicted from a football match, but I came close to being thrown out of Villa Park once when there was no match.

I was at a networking event there and we were offered the opportunity to do a stadium tour, so I took up the offer, along with about 30 others.
We were asked to meet up in the reception area of the North Stand.
It was on a Monday, when the clocks had gone back on the Saturday night.
Someone pointed out that the reception clock was still showing the wrong time.
I said, quite loudly so everyone could hear "They don't bother adjusting the clocks here. They live permanently in 1982."
The tour guide - a pleasant young lady - fixed me with a steely glare and said "Watch it! I'm keeping an eye on you!"
A bit later, in the tunnel leading to the pitch, I encoraged people to sing the traditional football anthem of "Roll out the Barrel". Which a few dd, with the original words too, as they weren't football followers.
Cue the pleasant young lady again. "I've warned you! Any more trouble and you'll be thrown out!"

😂 good work mate - she had your card marked straight away with the 1982 crack!
Wish I was with you for that one. Whenever I have been there for business events always wear a badge as protection and whenever I speak to staff always tell them to keep right on.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years