08:19, Tue 18 Jan
[www.efl.com]

Very interesting, especially the ‘ 11. Does the EFL have a vendetta against Derby County?’

Any fan that genuinely thinks the EFL have anything personal against their club is just acting like a big spoilt babby, imo. I hear it all the time at work (Derby). Our fans were daft saying it at the time as well. If you cheat and break the rules, you'll get done, that's it.
08:23, Tue 18 Jan
Bluesince62
If you cheat and break the rules, you'll get done, that's it.
Except half of the Premier League cheated and broke the rules, without getting done.

Or getting the equivalent of six months suspended for mass murder.
08:24, Tue 18 Jan
Bluesince62
If you cheat and break the rules, you'll get done, that's it.
Except half of the Premier League cheated and broke the rules, without getting done.

Or getting the equivalent of six months suspended for mass murder.

🤷‍♂️
10:58, Tue 18 Jan
Bluesince62
Bluesince62
I wouldn't say better squad a better manager definitely.

Not definitely at all. Not so long back LB totally out thought Rooney when we beat them - and Rooney insisted on a ridiculous playing from the back tactic that handed us the game, even when it was costing them goals against us. Rooney hasn't done anything yet to prove anything, other than being in a backs to the wall situation.

He's got them to within 8 points of escaping the drop after a 21 point deduction. They'd be 11th right now if not for that. With all that he's contending with, I'd say he's done well.

I agree, it's heading towards the greatest escape of all time and he needs crediting for that (though the latest embargo might derail that again). My point was, he has created a siege mentality, the EFL hates us let's show em etc. Last season they were awful with a better squad and survived by a goal on the last day. Let's not declare him the next Pep just yet. The Derby players have however, been superb and deserve most of the credit for the pride they are showing.

Gone well so far but they will get decimated in the next two weeks as players leave. They clearly don't have the funds to complete the season and the only way they will is to try and get some transfer funds in and reduce the wages going out. I wouldn't be surprised to see five first teamers leaving.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
11:27, Tue 18 Jan
Yeah, if they lose Davis and Lawrence I'd say they are goosed.
11:53, Tue 18 Jan
Bluesince62
[www.efl.com]

Very interesting, especially the ‘ 11. Does the EFL have a vendetta against Derby County?’

Any fan that genuinely thinks the EFL have anything personal against their club is just acting like a big spoilt babby, imo. I hear it all the time at work (Derby). Our fans were daft saying it at the time as well. If you cheat and break the rules, you'll get done, that's it.

That is mostly a good statement. It is far clearer than anything Shaun Harvey could have produced.
Rick Parry at least knows how to put things over professionally.
The EFL should put out a lot more guidance like this about P&S and administrations - in general not aimed at specific clubs. I don't think many people have a good understanding of the processes. It often means they think things the EFL has to do are unfair punishments whereas they are often about protecting the position of other clubs and players.

The EFL has been guilty of approaching clubs too much on an ad hoc basis, with the treatment of one club not necessarily fully in line with the treatment of other clubs. However it's also clear that circumstances do differ enough to make consistency and fairness difficult. The EFL have called the two big things right. Derby clearly can't sign players until it is clear that there is funding for the rest of the season. To do otherwise would be to put other clubs and the players at risk.
Also they can't rule on the Middlesbrough and Wycombe cases. I think the Wycombe case is like Sheffield Utd v West Ham. It seems there is a clear substantial loss to Wycombe - relegation- that would not have occurred but for Derby's conduct. Middlesbrough's case is much less clear. The direct financial loss of missing out on 6th is minimal - the home receipts of a play off semi-final less the costs of bonuses and staging that game. I don't think anything more speculative such as a final or promotion can be reasonably included. I can see Wycombe getting £7 million or so and Boro less than £1 million.
12:07, Tue 18 Jan
Yes - and I suppose therein lies Derby and the administrators biggest problem re a new buyer. Not only have they to pay off outstanding debts and rebuild a squad, they have to buy the stadium back and agree to cover a compensation award of an unknown quantity. It's a big ask, tbf.
The papers reckon Ashley is trying to do a deal with 'Boro and Wycombe before actually buying Derby, whether that is true or not though...
12:39, Tue 18 Jan
I think the current regime at the EFL know the previous one repeatedly screwed up over Derby and does want to see them relegated. So zero tolerance and the rubber glove treatment for the accounts.

I also think it is fair to say that the previous regime was biased against us because Dong got their back up. And biased in favour of other clubs because it was frightened to take them on. The Wolves situation is a joke but taking on Mendes and Fosun is too strong meat for the authorities.
13:06, Tue 18 Jan
I don't know obviously but I really don't believe that, in fact we got away lightly compared to Derby. As for Wolves and Fosun (and Vile) didn't they escape the EFL clutches by buggering off to the prem? I'd read that if either hadn't gone up when they did, they were getting hit themselves.
18:43, Tue 18 Jan
I wouldn't say we got off lightly compared to Derby. We got a 9 point deduction for breaking the rules on losses, same as them. In fact I think ours was 6 for the rule break then another 3 for aggravating circumstances. Derby got 9 points as their losses were greater than ours. They agreed to this deduction.

The remaining 12 points that Derby were deducted was because they entered administration.
1 hour phone in and discussion regarding Derby County with Stephen Nolan, worth listening!
09:27, Wed 19 Jan
Gary Rowett is trying to burn them on a deal for that Sibley. Vultures circling the carcass, they will have to start accepting offers for players in order to survive as a club.

In other news, if they were kicked out of the league and results invalidated where would that leave us?
09:37, Wed 19 Jan
notts_blue
Gary Rowett is trying to burn them on a deal for that Sibley. Vultures circling the carcass, they will have to start accepting offers for players in order to survive as a club.

In other news, if they were kicked out of the league and results invalidated where would that leave us?

Why aren't we a vulture here?
09:41, Wed 19 Jan
Chris
notts_blue

Can we loan any of them?
10:07, Wed 19 Jan
Chris
notts_blue

We are one skint vulture unfortunately.

We should be all over whichever mug they've got playing left wing back.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”