00:17, Sat 8 Jan
bluearmyfaction
The attendances dropped off when Longbridge closed down - and when we were spending buttons on DJ Campbell when teams around us were spending £30m on reforming their squads.
And match day prices were £40 quid plus for some games. Gollivan killed our chances of keep filling the ground
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
04:38, Sat 8 Jan
It's not like Xia as he generally ran a club that didn't make losses. In many ways he should lauded a lot more.
08:23, Sat 8 Jan
Dirty Bertie
But even in our PL days the attendances soon dropped after the novelty wore off.

Sadly I think that if we were to get promoted we wouldn't average more than 25,000. Hardly big club numbers.

Our average under Monk just a couple of years ago was 22,500 and we finished 17th in the Championship.

We've also been in the championships top 6 average away support for several years, despite our continued poor performance on the pitch.

The numbers are out there but it's the stadium (size and condition) and terrible ownership that are doing for us now.
08:35, Sat 8 Jan
As the saying goes build it and they shall come - How many did we take to wembley each and every time ? That is what is out there, trouble we have instead of building our support we are doing the best we can to knock it down.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
08:45, Sat 8 Jan
But that just placed us firmly midtable in Championship attendances.

As for away support, that is of very minor interest to owners/investors.

In my 60+ years of supporting the Blues we have never been anything more than a middling club no matter how much we, as fans, like to think otherwise.

Even if the ground was smartened up and fully open we would be extremely unlikely to fill more than 75% at best.
08:53, Sat 8 Jan
Charcy
It's not like Xia as he generally ran a club that didn't make losses. In many ways he should lauded a lot more.

😂
08:56, Sat 8 Jan
Even in 2009-10 when we achieved our highest PL finish we only had an average of 25,000+.

Oh yes we can take big crowds to Wembley or the Millennium Stadium but by the following week they had all disappeared back into the woodwork.

Always plenty who claim to be lifelong fans but can always find an excuse for not going.

And that has been the case long before this current shower of owners came on the scene.
09:01, Sat 8 Jan
Derby get about 20,000 even the top teams in the championship wouldn’t fill a 29,000 ground,. Just saying.
09:14, Sat 8 Jan
Super Hans
Redditch Blue
That’s debatable, certainly.

Is it? Newcastle stayed in the PL plenty when he was around and when they did drop they came straight back up. Then when he did sell it was to some of the wealthiest people in the world.

Spot on i would love him to take us over. What a shame those who own us don't want to sell
09:30, Sat 8 Jan
Greebo joe
Derby get about 20,000 even the top teams in the championship wouldn’t fill a 29,000 ground,. Just saying.

We didn't fill ours in the PL!
09:33, Sat 8 Jan
And the reasons why we’re given above. Even vile we’re only getting low 30,000s and they were treated far better than us.
09:38, Sat 8 Jan
Would certainly change the way the game was played if he took us over.

For instance if he imported his Shirebrook HQ Sports Direct methods, there'd be no half time during games.

Imagine giving your employees 15 minutes off!!!

Do not understand the love in here for a big mouthed, self-centred twonk
09:44, Sat 8 Jan
Greebo joe
And the reasons why we’re given above. Even vile we’re only getting low 30,000s and they were treated far better than us.

The only reason is that, regardless of owners, we aren't and never have been a club with the potential to attract a high profile owner.
09:52, Sat 8 Jan
bluearmyfaction
The attendances dropped off when Longbridge closed down - and when we were spending buttons on DJ Campbell when teams around us were spending £30m on reforming their squads.
And match day prices were £40 quid plus for some games. Gollivan killed our chances of keep filling the ground

All this above. Give us actual decent owners with genuine ambition and we'd be filling the ground again. I don't get some Blues fans believing Derby are a bigger draw than a club sat in the nation's second city.
Blues ownership is what has historically held Blues back, not the support, not the potential.
09:54, Sat 8 Jan
yorksblue
Would certainly change the way the game was played if he took us over.

For instance if he imported his Shirebrook HQ Sports Direct methods, there'd be no half time during games.

Imagine giving your employees 15 minutes off!!!

Do not understand the love in here for a big mouthed, self-centred twonk

I dont think there is a "Love in" for him but most think he would be a better option than the jokers we have now.
Turn left when you get on a plane.