10:05, Sat 8 Jan
Having Ashley (or any relatively wealthy) UK buisness person would at least make us a saleable asset if they/we became fed up. The HK stock exchange listing and current ownership structure is our problem.
10:08, Sat 8 Jan
Dirty Bertie
Greebo joe
Derby get about 20,000 even the top teams in the championship wouldn’t fill a 29,000 ground,. Just saying.

We didn't fill ours in the PL!
We did tbf
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:13, Sat 8 Jan
Dirty Bertie
Greebo joe
And the reasons why we’re given above. Even vile we’re only getting low 30,000s and they were treated far better than us.

The only reason is that, regardless of owners, we aren't and never have been a club with the potential to attract a high profile owner.

Well there should be.Birmingham as a city is forever growing and expanding, it’s about time we had 2 major clubs. A city this size should have 2.
10:14, Sat 8 Jan
10/11 Premier League Premier League 19 0 25,462
09/10 Premier League Premier League 19 0 25,246
08/09 Championship Championship 23 0 19,081
07/08 Premier League Premier League 19 0 26,181
06/07 Championship Championship 23 0 22,274
05/06 Premier League Premier League 19 0 27,392
04/05 Premier League Premier League 19 1 28,759
03/04 Premier League Premier League 19 0 28,735
02/03 Premier League Premier League 19 2 28,883

Not in our last three Prem seasons it seems
10:15, Sat 8 Jan
Dirty Bertie
Greebo joe
And the reasons why we’re given above. Even vile we’re only getting low 30,000s and they were treated far better than us.

The only reason is that, regardless of owners, we aren't and never have been a club with the potential to attract a high profile owner.

Well there should be.Birmingham as a city is forever growing and expanding, it’s about time we had 2 major clubs. A city this size should have 2.

Exactly, Derby is Derby. Brum is an exciting City and as a City we should be like Manchester or Liverpool. That's the true potential.
10:24, Sat 8 Jan
Bluesince62
Dirty Bertie
Greebo joe

Exactly, Derby is Derby. Brum is an exciting City and as a City we should be like Manchester or Liverpool. That's the true potential.

But that is confusing the potential of the City of Birmingham with the potential of Birmingham City.

There is no reason why the two should be linked.

Look at the situation in Liverpool in the 1980's.

The two football clubs were flying whilst the City was on its arse.
10:34, Sat 8 Jan
Instead of obsessing about the past, look towards the future, a city our size has room for 2 big clubs.
10:39, Sat 8 Jan
But his point is correct though, isn’t it. The two have never been and will never necessarily be inextricably linked.
I’d love to look to the future with optimism regards Blues, but how on earth do we become an established top flight club at some point in the next ten years? I genuinely can’t see how it’s turned around because of the ownership situation.
10:44, Sat 8 Jan
Owners is how you have the best chance of being established, definitely. We’re stuffed
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
10:44, Sat 8 Jan
Because Blues have never had the owners to reach true potential doesen’t mean it can never happen.
10:45, Sat 8 Jan
The City is now part of a much larger metropolitan area, West Midlands, which already has two if not three clubs bigger than us.

I wish it wasn't so but the fact is there is little about our Club to attract ambitious owners.

As for obsessing over the past I would suggest that is something many of our so called Wembley supporters are guilty of
10:50, Sat 8 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Owners is how you have the best chance of being established, definitely. We’re stuffed

I have known 7 different ownership regimes in my time and in all honesty it has never really been much different.

Okay the present lot are truly something else but,no matter who was in charge, we have never looked like being a major club. Certainly not in the medium to long term.
10:56, Sat 8 Jan
I know. I never said it couldn’t happen, I just don’t see it happening.
10:58, Sat 8 Jan
When in the Premier League finishing 9th / 10th / 12th with players like Forssell , Cunningham / Savage / Foster / Lazaridis / Upson / Ferguson / Larsson / etc..... maybe that was the time to build our squad to the next level for Birmingham City to remain a force in the Premier League.
11:01, Sat 8 Jan
Dirty Bertie
Rab C Nesbitt

I have known 7 different ownership regimes in my time and in all honesty it has never really been much different.

Okay the present lot are truly something else but,no matter who was in charge, we have never looked like being a major club. Certainly not in the medium to long term.
I think there was a hope and a chance of that happening just under 20 years ago. We blew it though. Now it's vile or Newcastle money for us to get us top 10 prem in 5 years. And that's very unlikely to happen