18:07, Sat 8 Jan
Steven Knight is Blues.
22:35, Mon 10 Jan
Other clubs not happy at derby rejecting bids for players while In administration

[twitter.com]
22:44, Mon 10 Jan
Depends what the bids were I suppose. If they’re ridiculously undervalued then the administrators are well within their right to reject them.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:46, Mon 10 Jan
They've rejected a bid from Blues for Diallo 😛
07:30, Tue 11 Jan
Super Hans
Depends what the bids were I suppose. If they’re ridiculously undervalued then the administrators are well within their right to reject them.

Yep. It's a similar to situation to when the EFL wanted us to sell Che Adams in the January.
08:12, Tue 11 Jan
The city of Birmingham could have two big clubs but it never has.

The issues that would attract an ambitious owner are linked to brand and global reach, not attendances.

Sadly, as a city Birmingham isn't seen in the same light as either Manchester or Liverpool and I am not referring to football.

The big club round here doesn't carry the city's name and, indeed, many foreign followers of the PL have no idea that Aston is even in Birmingham and don't care.

The city's image is such that it could be said to be fortunate to have even one big club never mid two.

It's no wonder outsiders have such a poor view of our wonderful City when our own go to great lengths to rubbish the place and people, tbh.
I'm proud of the City I was born in, I love our people and think the place (including its football teams) has massive potential in the right hands.
Half of the City has got that, I firmly believe at some point our turn will come - but certainly not until the current owners are gone.
They are dragging us down right now, not us.
Stand up for yourself, your club and your City.
08:18, Tue 11 Jan
Not sure "outsiders" are influenced as much as you claim.

Your new found positivity is 👍 😉
08:25, Tue 11 Jan
According to my sources he's going to wind the club up and use the stadium as the worlds biggest Sports Direct.
08:27, Tue 11 Jan
Not sure "outsiders" are influenced as much as you claim.

Your new found positivity is 👍 😉

I'm not sure - if I go to work telling all the Derby lot how rubbish Brum is, how we have no hope etc it's going to colour their view - enough of us do that then it's exponential. There are enough negative vibes about us and where we live without us joining in. People drop on here reading we don't deserve a good club and are lucky to have one in the City? I don't doubt the poster means it mind, I just think he's terribly wrong.
08:28, Tue 11 Jan
There are enough negative vibes about us and where we live without us joining in.

👍
08:44, Tue 11 Jan
Pashun
Super Hans

Yep. It's a similar to situation to when the EFL wanted us to sell Che Adams in the January.
But not identical. The League wanted us to sell Adams to stick with the limits imposed by the League; ultimately we did so. Derby trading while in administration includes maximizing assets for third parties. Derby may be right to turn down derisory offers, and can take into account an income cut should they get relegated, but not if they are effectively cheating the taxman.
08:48, Tue 11 Jan
The amount of people who visit our city at weekends travel from afar, we was in the Windsor bar last summer and got talking to a couple who came from Sussex, they said what a great city we have, loved the moderness of it and the people, we have lots of potential in this city, Ok atm there are parts that resemble a giant building site, but once completed it will look great, people go on about the inner city areas and how bad they look, that's the same for all cities across the world, if people took pride in their own communities they wouldn't look half as bad
09:04, Tue 11 Jan
bluearmyfaction
Pashun
Super Hans

But not identical. The League wanted us to sell Adams to stick with the limits imposed by the League; ultimately we did so. Derby trading while in administration includes maximizing assets for third parties. Derby may be right to turn down derisory offers, and can take into account an income cut should they get relegated, but not if they are effectively cheating the taxman.

I used the word similar instead of same because I knew someone would pick me up on it! :-)

I think it's reasonable to assume any offers they got were ones trying to take advantage of the situation. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one was from us, as that's the market we are shopping in. Mind you this is us - is anyone who currently is at the club capable of being that astute?
13:15, Tue 11 Jan
Haircut1000
Steven Knight is Blues.

He's had rich Americans look into us before but because it's so much of a mess they were advised to leave it.
14:42, Tue 11 Jan
The amount of people who visit our city at weekends travel from afar, we was in the Windsor bar last summer and got talking to a couple who came from Sussex, they said what a great city we have, loved the moderness of it and the people, we have lots of potential in this city, Ok atm there are parts that resemble a giant building site, but once completed it will look great, people go on about the inner city areas and how bad they look, that's the same for all cities across the world, if people took pride in their own communities they wouldn't look half as bad

Great post

The city centre is undergoing a massive (positive mostly) change

Have to say though, the sight of the town hall as you walk up the new street hill used to be almost iconic

Who sanctioned the monstrous building behind it ?

Looks awful at the moment, I can’t think to will improve