11:53, Tue 18 Jan
I wouldn't say Jordan backed the board, he was just pointing out that a lot of money had been spent, which was a fair comment.

To be honest there's too much to talk about and too much detail to be able to get it across in 5 minutes on a live radio show.
11:55, Tue 18 Jan
To be fair to the none Blues fan, the ground is an issue and all can see that. However, the club is solvent and we are being linked to players left right and centre. We get how things are, but it is difficult to explain to a third party what exactly is wrong.
11:55, Tue 18 Jan
Super Hans
He’s deliberately doing it to get people angry, that’s the whole talksport shtick.

Amazingly it still works
12:00, Tue 18 Jan
I wouldn't say Jordan backed the board, he was just pointing out that a lot of money had been spent, which was a fair comment.

To be honest there's too much to talk about and too much detail to be able to get it across in 5 minutes on a live radio show.

Yeah, I was being slightly flippant - I'm not even listening. Jordan and White are a tired old act and tbh I couldn't be arsed to hear what they've got to say - it's entirely predictable. Good cop/bad cop rubbish normally.
12:02, Tue 18 Jan
I think in the cold light of day, not a lot of people give a shit about blues outside our fan base

We aren’t a fashionable or even well liked club.

Jordan dislikes us more than most

I hope these protests work but I genuinely believe until the EFL actually grow a spine we are stuck here.

Maybe not even a spine. The will to investigate correctly
12:08, Tue 18 Jan
My Blue Heaven
I think in the cold light of day, not a lot of people give a shit about blues outside our fan base

No they don't, just as we don't care about the likes of Hull and Swansea, we're just one of 92 football clubs in the professional pyramid

I honestly don't think he's that arsed either way, his beef was with Sullivan, Gold and Brady.

I hope these protests work but I genuinely believe until the EFL actually grow a spine we are stuck here.

The chances of anything working are remote, agreed, but we must try anyway

King's name isn't on anything, and the club is fulfilling it's obligations, paying the bills and putting a team out, so no I don't think they will do anything
12:12, Tue 18 Jan
I agree, no way the EFL step in. They have no reason to and have their hands full with DCFC. Our best bet is making the owners want to sell up, our only bet really - unless someone can dig enough dirt on King and Vong Pech to get them kicked off the HKSE?
12:17, Tue 18 Jan
My Blue Heaven
I think people do, as an example of how shit football regulation has been. It's the same sort of glance thrown at Bury or Macclesfield or even Bolton.

It would be a lot more significant if Derby went completely bust as the focus would be on us - and lots of other clubs that would suddenly have the vultures circling. Confidence is fickle. If one club goes, others might quickly follow, as lenders lose their nerve.
12:18, Tue 18 Jan
My Blue Heaven

We aren’t a fashionable or even well liked club.

The EFL are essentially the clubs themselves

there is zero appetite to investigate anything and there never will be until they have to due to blatant rule breaks
12:40, Tue 18 Jan
I think a key difference with Blues is that we can see what's coming and are trying to raise attention to it before it actually happens in order to prevent it. The Wigan thing happened remarkably quickly and I'm not sure Derby fans were prophesising this when they were riding the crest of the wave on the cusp of promotion for several years. The national media will only verbalise their faux concern if something really cataclysmic occurs and by then it will be too late. We will of course gain nothing by simply being able to say, 'we told you so.'
@stevanderman
12:44, Tue 18 Jan
Bluesince62
I agree, no way the EFL step in. They have no reason to and have their hands full with DCFC. Our best bet is making the owners want to sell up, our only bet really - unless someone can dig enough dirt on King and Vong Pech to get them kicked off the HKSE?

But what about fit and proper directors test - while it might be flimsy if we are not owned by the people the EFL think we are owned by and therefore tested - they have to step in.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
12:53, Tue 18 Jan
jefflynneshair
I think a key difference with Blues is that we can see what's coming and are trying to raise attention to it before it actually happens in order to prevent it. The Wigan thing happened remarkably quickly and I'm not sure Derby fans were prophesising this when they were riding the crest of the wave on the cusp of promotion for several years. The national media will only verbalise their faux concern if something really cataclysmic occurs and by then it will be too late. We will of course gain nothing by simply being able to say, 'we told you so.'

this is it. highlighting there is trouble ahead. the way the club is run looks to the outsider ok. we know it isn't. it is hard to sift through the complex set up the shadow directors and so forth. but at least this is a first step. King and Pech were named publicly for the first time on national radio and even Jordan talked about how dodgy BVI companies are and said we need to be watched
12:57, Tue 18 Jan
I know everyone dislikes us but Jordan definitely doesn't, he's never got over us taking TF off him and it's left him with a bitter taste. I wouldn't bother listening to him talk about us.
13:09, Tue 18 Jan
Hughesy
jefflynneshair

this is it. highlighting there is trouble ahead. the way the club is run looks to the outsider ok. we know it isn't. it is hard to sift through the complex set up the shadow directors and so forth. but at least this is a first step. King and Pech were named publicly for the first time on national radio and even Jordan talked about how dodgy BVI companies are and said we need to be watched

I do think Simon Jordan had a point though, for a business that is operating at a loss, someone somewhere is bankrolling the club. Wages are being paid and games are being played.
13:11, Tue 18 Jan
at the moment
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years