12:01, Wed 23 Nov
Dirty Bertie
We get enough of that from the likes of Chapman on both TV and radio as well as Durham and Jordan on radio.

For me a pundit serves no useful purpose unless he has played the game a very high level and can, therefore, offer us, as fans, an insight into what we might not otherwise appreciate.

Not that all ex-pros are capable of doing that but I definitely don't want to hear what some parks player thinks.

Analytical skills aren't related to playing or managerial skills.
It's quite possible for anyone to show something that won't be that obvious on the main TV feed.

Both ITV and the BBC are mainly about not putting viewers off by getting technical. a few people laughing at in jokes seems to be all the value the in studio teams add.

I do like Keane and Souness, but they are pantomime villains to an extent. The Roy Keane glowering act is somewhat knowing.
I don't think it is just old pro's he responds to. It's any decent serious analysis. He clearly doesn't get on with all the frivolous stuff, but lets it ride. If he doesn't think someone understands what they are talking about he basically refuses to engage. It's fair enough and has become his thing.
15:09, Wed 23 Nov
Aluko is a right wing nutter. No idea what she’s like as a pundit, but I wouldn’t trust her
15:58, Wed 23 Nov
We get enough of that from the likes of Chapman on both TV and radio as well as Durham and Jordan on radio.

For me a pundit serves no useful purpose unless he has played the game a very high level and can, therefore, offer us, as fans, an insight into what we might not otherwise appreciate.

Not that all ex-pros are capable of doing that but I definitely don't want to hear what some parks player thinks.

Sheer snobbery. There are 'parks players' who have an excellent understanding of the game and can offer more insight than someone like Lee effin Hendrie ever will do. Shocking thing to come out with, imo.
16:02, Wed 23 Nov
People are getting shocked very easily today.

For a laugh, I typed Alexi Lalas into the Twitter search box. Universally loved by the football loving telly watchers in the USA, it turns out.
16:03, Wed 23 Nov
Is that ok to say nowadays?
16:04, Wed 23 Nov
Bluesince62

Sheer snobbery. There are 'parks players' who have an excellent understanding of the game and can offer more insight than someone like Lee effin Hendrie ever will do. Shocking thing to come out with, imo.

Fine go down the pub, you should find plenty of them there.

Personally I prefer to listen to the experts, although as I said not all ex-pros provide this.

One thing is certain, I am not going to get the information I value from a Sunday league player.
16:05, Wed 23 Nov
I’ve changed my opinion of her then, she’s rubbish. Then there’s her Villa betrayal of course which I had
forgotten.
16:05, Wed 23 Nov
That’s not certain at all
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:08, Wed 23 Nov
Delighted that you’ve seen sense, Newblue.
16:08, Wed 23 Nov
Is that ok to say nowadays?

No.
16:11, Wed 23 Nov

👍
16:12, Wed 23 Nov
People are getting shocked very easily today.

For a laugh, I typed Alexi Lalas into the Twitter search box. Universally loved by the football loving telly watchers in the USA, it turns out.

There may have been an element of hyperbole - one of my favourite weapons against the know-it-alls and snobs of the world.
16:16, Wed 23 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt

I specifically said the information that I value.

Others may be looking for something else.

It's the same at games but unfortunately there's no way to not hear the loudly voiced opinions of those sat around me.
16:35, Wed 23 Nov
I’m with Bertie, more or less. There are journalists who write with great insight and wit, but you never see em on the telly…maybe they need a bit of time to think and hone their craft.

Most of us have played football, even if only at a shit level, so have some understanding of the basics, so the additional expertise a pro brings….even a low level pro, can really add to the enjoyment and understanding. Problem is, most of them are laddish buffoons. And don’t get me started on the podcasters, bloggers and vloggers

There were 3 on Irish telly, Giles, the Millwall fella and someone else, they were great, I think, only saw clips of them that would get posted on message boards. Serious, argumentative, knowledgable and passionate, without a hint of “bantz”
14:02, Thu 24 Nov
Cn somebody tell the S Korea Uruguay commentator to read the teamsheets

Literally 5 times they have said so and so has touched the ball and Clinton Morrison has corrected them