18:42, Wed 23 Nov
Spain are very good at holding onto the ball (as usual), France are brilliant at going forward.

I think we look a brilliant all round side but I worry we won't be tested enough in our group.
19:16, Wed 23 Nov
I think any England v France game would be an absolute classic.

It might end up 7 each, but it'd be ace.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
19:56, Wed 23 Nov
France are absolutely tailor-made for being taken by England if you get Saka, Bellingham, Rashford and Sterling to run at them with pace.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
20:03, Wed 23 Nov
Agreed England, Spain and France look the best so far albeit all against poor opposition.

Germany and Argentina, well we all saw a d Belgium look very meh and Croatia looked terrible.

Been pleasantly surprised by some of the lesser teams, they have really raised their game.

With England, we have a chance. It’s just our defence. QF mbappe vs maguire, I dread to think.
20:28, Wed 23 Nov
Dave
Agreed England, Spain and France look the best so far albeit all against poor opposition.

Germany and Argentina, well we all saw a d Belgium look very meh and Croatia looked terrible.

Been pleasantly surprised by some of the lesser teams, they have really raised their game.

With England, we have a chance. It’s just our defence. QF mbappe vs maguire, I dread to think.

If we were to play a France then I think Southgate will be hoping Walker is fit again for this reason. Play a back 3 and tell Walker to just man mark Mbappe to deal with his speed as best as possible. Maguire would mark Giroud.
21:51, Wed 23 Nov
Haha, yeah I think there would be goals galore. Although, Southgate would most likely revert to the back five with two holding mids against a team like France. I hope he keeps this formation against USA and Wales.
22:40, Wed 23 Nov
bluer than blues
Haha, yeah I think there would be goals galore. Although, Southgate would most likely revert to the back five with two holding mids against a team like France. I hope he keeps this formation against USA and Wales.
Both teams would go negative. It’s what the managers do
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
Barking Poslethwaite
France are absolutely tailor-made for being taken by England if you get Saka, Bellingham, Rashford and Sterling to run at them with pace.

You could say the same the other way around.

Hard to say to much after one game often the winners have been very poor first game.
France look good. Have everything you would need to win it but not to say they're faultless.

They jury is completely out on Spain, Costa Rica were that poor. I genuinely don't fear them though. Not enough quality up top but a midfield of Rodri, Gavi and Pedri, jheeze.

Germany look poor defensively and no real goalscorer.

Argentina are the ones I think who could pull it together of those with a poor result first game.

Wait and see on Brazil.

Belgium looked a bit past it tbh. They seem to pretty much rely on De Bruyne and Courtois.