09:03, Thu 24 Nov
albi
steve aerobic
Then it needs doing, perhaps players can show a bit of respect, it's about time

Respect has to be earnt.
Which referees do by going through the grassroots, the training, and the abuse on Sunday parks or tier 7, without proper remuneration, for years before getting to the pinnacle of the game.

Much harder for a ref to get to the World Cup than for a player...
09:24, Thu 24 Nov
I always make a point of thanking the ref on a Saturday morning, he may have been useless but at least he was there and the game went ahead. My Dad was invited onto the league list but decided to knock it on the head, but you thank him for introducing Vic Callow to reffing as they worked together. He tells me lots of times how he booked players for swearing etc but he always warned them before the game. But when you have the PL stars disrespecting refs, what else are kids to think ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:35, Thu 24 Nov
steve aerobic

Respect has to be earnt.

Sorry, but that is rubbish. Respect should be the default position.
09:37, Thu 24 Nov
albi
steve aerobic

Respect has to be earnt.

Does it in this case? Is not being the ref enough to warrant respect, or does he/she have to prove themselves a good ref to avoid verbal abuse? How about young refs at grass roots learning their trade, verbally abused until they prove themselves to be competent? Good job the same guidelines don’t apply to players then because they would get verbally destroyed for every mistake they make at all levels!
10:06, Thu 24 Nov
theAtlas
albi
steve aerobic

Respect has to be earnt.

Does it in this case? Is not being the ref enough to warrant respect, or does he/she have to prove themselves a good ref to avoid verbal abuse? How about young refs at grass roots learning their trade, verbally abused until they prove themselves to be competent? Good job the same guidelines don’t apply to players then because they would get verbally destroyed for every mistake they make at all levels!

Isn't that what happens ? School match this week one dad told his son he was shit ??????
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:01, Thu 24 Nov
bluearmyfaction
albi
steve aerobic

Respect has to be earnt.
Which referees do by going through the grassroots, the training, and the abuse on Sunday parks or tier 7, without proper remuneration, for years before getting to the pinnacle of the game.

Much harder for a ref to get to the World Cup than for a player...
I don’t think that’s true at all
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:56, Thu 24 Nov
Robert Hopkins
theAtlas
albi
steve aerobic

Respect has to be earnt.

Isn't that what happens ? School match this week one dad told his son he was shit ??????

Yeah, that teacher should set a better example to be fair 😁