19:43, Wed 23 Nov
Canada's manager has a very interesting back story....known as The Mad Genius. Never played professionally and progressed through managing women's team in New Zealand and Canada
19:44, Wed 23 Nov
And there you go. Belgium 1-0.
19:46, Wed 23 Nov
I wouldn’t write Canada off at all. Both Argentina and Germany went ahead, sat back and got stung. Can see it happening again here.
I’ve seldom seen anyone as ill at ease with themselves as Liz Truss. Every expression, gesture and joyless smile seems mannered and staged. It’s as if she has read a manual on how humans behave.

George Monbiet.
20:09, Wed 23 Nov
Canada should have scored there.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
[www.11v11.com]

Three of the top fifty of all time. That’s why we’re a huge club.

Pesch, Fenwick, Hooper took me a while didn’t think Hooper was Canadian. His debut was at Villa think the game Tait got sent off he did ok.
20:14, Wed 23 Nov
Fat Buddha
Canada's manager has a very interesting back story....known as The Mad Genius. Never played professionally and progressed through managing women's team in New Zealand and Canada

He’s from Consett. Hill country round here
20:41, Wed 23 Nov
My mate is a massive Man City fan, always has been ... and his Dad was a Man City fan etc etc, and he goes to every home game, away game, European game etc.

He's convinced that although he rates Kevin De Bruyne as the best midfielder in the world that De Bruyne consistently fails to play at his absolute best in the really big matches - Cup finals, Champions League Semis, World Cups, Euros etc ...

Have to admit, he looks like a completely different Kevin De Bruyne tonight.
20:52, Wed 23 Nov
He’s been poor. Looks like Belgium are going to get a very undeserved win.
21:39, Wed 23 Nov
Yep. Canada very unlucky not to get at least a point. They play like that in the remaining 2 games they've got a decent chance.
22:12, Wed 23 Nov
Somehow and I don't know how de bruyne got man of the match
22:20, Wed 23 Nov
sponsors wanted to meet him
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
00:36, Thu 24 Nov
Surely not?! I love him but he wasn't at his best today. Then again, half the team were absolutely dreadful.

As for Canada, Alphonso Davies is one hell of a player. Wow.

Also v impressed with Stephen Eustáquio and Tajon Buchanan.

Though Jonathan David has been scoring in Ligue 1 and was awful.
08:05, Thu 24 Nov
Mister Mutley
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
[www.11v11.com]

Pesch, Fenwick, Hooper took me a while didn’t think Hooper was Canadian. His debut was at Villa think the game Tait got sent off he did ok.

I always thought he was their captain when he came to us wasn't he?
08:20, Thu 24 Nov
Charcy
Mister Mutley
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
[www.11v11.com]

I always thought he was their captain when he came to us wasn't he?

Yep he was. He actually did quite well in that Vile game. Cooper didn’t really seem to fancy him though and he never really got a proper chance.
I've been banging on about Buchanan for ages, would have loved Blues to have gone for him when he was at New England.

Being a sad bastard I watch quite a b it of the MLS, mainly the Revs, he was absolutely brilliant for them from wing back, winger and then up front.

He ended up at Brugge for about $8m so we couldn't have afforded him anyone.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”