10:24, Wed 14 Jun
brummiestu87
As I keep saying though, the adults prices are very good, I just dont think the Club should've removed the U13 category, or the Family Renewal option and given they have, I dont personally think more than doubling the price of a childs ticket elsewhere in the stadium is the right thing to do in my opinion.

I just think you are fixating a bit on the kids prices.

You can talk about what they were before but the reality is that it's just under a fiver a game anywhere in the ground to take your kid.

That's cheap.

Obviously I get that if you've got naff all a fiver can still be a lot, but if you've got naff all going to football match is the least of your worries.

And trying to do anything with kids these days is bloody expensive, taking them to a match at that price would be by a mile one of the cheaper options and a great way of spending a couple of hours with them.

Since "taking kids to football" no longer applies to me (due to years passing) i now hate feckin' kids at football and they should be made to pay full price (if not banned altogether until they are 18) ... and when people say "they are the future" - look at the people taking them, they are the people who will be having the major influence on how they grow up ... and looking at the majority of Blues fans these days i say "no thanks"

... some of the above may not be true
10:39, Wed 14 Jun
Charcy
El Mayor
Charcy
Also nothing was a special offer, it was never meant to be the long term idea. It's crazy for it to be.

As soon as a seat costs nothing or a nominal fee you can self justify just getting it for the sake of it and not using it when in reality it could potentially have been sold at the full adult rate.

It's commercially mental and I'm not totally convinced it would result in all that many more conversions to long term fans in 10 to 20 years than paid seats.

I know you hate me agreeing with you, but I’m 100% on board with what you say re free or very cheap tickets. Experience elsewhere has proven free tickets aren’t valued by people and do not lead to growth.

No I don't hate it, it's all good 👍🏻

Truths are truths.

Child tickets were more expensive in the 90s than now, I'm fairly convinced of it. Which is mental.

They were more expensive in the 1980s let alone the 1990s.
At 16 I was paying £3 or 4 a game in the late 1980s. No discounts once you were 16 then.
I remember needing £5 to go to the game and get some chips on the way home.
11:39, Wed 14 Jun
Fat Buddha OBE
Just had a peek at my most local club, Newport season tickets. 405 to sit down. 325 to stand up. 575 for the 100 club, whatever that is.

My local club later in year will be Hereford, and their prices are astonishing for a club so low in the pyramid…330 to stand up, 385 to sit down, 575 for the executive club, which I’m sure is considered a effing bargain.

Cheltenham is £481! We do have to count ourselves lucky that were even cheaper then some L1 & 2 teams
12:04, Wed 14 Jun
Yep, put simply people need to stop moaning. The new owners had every right to bump up prices closer to the market rate but we are still very cheap in the grand scheme of things.
12:28, Wed 14 Jun
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
B_C_F_C
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
El Mayor
brummiestu87
HackneyBlue
struggling to remember what i paid last year in tilton upper, but £395 is ok with me

Yeah I'm happy with the adult prices but disappointed with the kids prices. I used to get my kids for free (which was fantastic), then they started charging £50 as we sit in the Tilton and now £110, which I think is poor from the club tbh. They should at least offer some form of family ticket

Quid a game for under 16s in Arthur’s Area (family stand).

I know, but I don't plan to sit in a stand that is absolute sh*te tbh, should be moved to the railway at least.
I'm sure they also had under 11 and under 16 pricing last season too, which have been removed.

So pay the premium for the 'good' one. There is a very generous offer for kids but you've found a way to moan as you didn't get exactly what you want. You are definitely in the wrong here.

I have gone from paying nothing, to paying £50, now to £110. Its quite a jump and he's only 9. On top of that, they've removed the family ticket too.

Last Season for Tilton you would have paid £425 for the (Family) Adult + Junior.

This season you will pay £395 + £110 = £505.

Thats an increase of 18.8%. The general increases around the ground are around 20% -23% so that is actually favourable. But also remember that last year the prices came down circa 25%ish - so we are not quite yet back up to the 21-22 season's prices.

And you can have a cheap junior in Arthurs Area - which, for all your moaning, is an OK stand.

And, the prices are amongst the cheapest in the Championship.

I think the club has been very fair in setting the prices.

So I have just looked, last season I paid £420 for my renewal, which was for 1 adult and 2 under 13's - this season my renewal will be £615, which is a 46% increase.

Last year you got 3 seasons tickets at £6 per game. I would be looking at how ridiculously lucky you were.

This year you are getting them at £9 per game. I would be looking at how ridiculously lucky you are.

For £27 you are taking a family of three to a tier two football match. Phenomenally cheap.

So I have done some comparisons for the teams who finished near us last season to compare prices (for my renewal) in comparable seats;

Hull - £300 Adult, £36 2-10 or £54 11-15 - Total £372 (£16 per game)
Stoke - £349 Adult, £23 U11, £75 U15 (same price for U11 and U15 anywhere in the stadium) - Total £395 (£17 per game)
Huddersfield - £249 Adult, £49 U11, £109 U16 (All prices anywhere in the stadium) - £347 (£15 per game)
Rotherham - £405 Adult, £110 Junior - Total £625 (£27 per game)

I've added Albion in for context too, which is £349 adult, £23 U17 (same price for U17 anywhere in the stadium) - Total £395 (£17 per game)

I appreciate Blues are offering the cheaper seats in the family stand, which would work out £346 in the lower or £441 in the upper tier, but you have to remember, those seats are limited (not sure on capacity) and mean there is a jump of either £174 or £269 to sit in my seat in the Tilton and I'm guessing similar elsewhere in the ground.

As I keep saying though, the adults prices are very good, I just dont think the Club should've removed the U13 category, or the Family Renewal option and given they have, I dont personally think more than doubling the price of a childs ticket elsewhere in the stadium is the right thing to do in my opinion.

All of those places are further north than Birmingham. Generally everything gets more expensive as you go down the country. Rotherham is the same price.

I just don't think it's that bad. You have had kids, they cost money that can't be news to people. It is very good this year, it was unfathomably excellent last year.

9 quid each per game, or if you didn't want to cherry pick and sat in the family stand which has been created with people like yourself in mind then it is significantly cheaper. You are moaning about something that there is provision for. I just don't see how you can have any complaints whatsoever.

If a full paying adult wanted the seat your kids in that's a huge loss of revenue even at the new prices.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
13:06, Wed 14 Jun
Charcy
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
B_C_F_C
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
El Mayor
brummiestu87
HackneyBlue
struggling to remember what i paid last year in tilton upper, but £395 is ok with me

Yeah I'm happy with the adult prices but disappointed with the kids prices. I used to get my kids for free (which was fantastic), then they started charging £50 as we sit in the Tilton and now £110, which I think is poor from the club tbh. They should at least offer some form of family ticket

I know, but I don't plan to sit in a stand that is absolute sh*te tbh, should be moved to the railway at least.
I'm sure they also had under 11 and under 16 pricing last season too, which have been removed.

So pay the premium for the 'good' one. There is a very generous offer for kids but you've found a way to moan as you didn't get exactly what you want. You are definitely in the wrong here.

I have gone from paying nothing, to paying £50, now to £110. Its quite a jump and he's only 9. On top of that, they've removed the family ticket too.

Last Season for Tilton you would have paid £425 for the (Family) Adult + Junior.

Thats an increase of 18.8%. The general increases around the ground are around 20% -23% so that is actually favourable. But also remember that last year the prices came down circa 25%ish - so we are not quite yet back up to the 21-22 season's prices.

And you can have a cheap junior in Arthurs Area - which, for all your moaning, is an OK stand.

So I have just looked, last season I paid £420 for my renewal, which was for 1 adult and 2 under 13's - this season my renewal will be £615, which is a 46% increase.

Last year you got 3 seasons tickets at £6 per game. I would be looking at how ridiculously lucky you were.

This year you are getting them at £9 per game. I would be looking at how ridiculously lucky you are.

For £27 you are taking a family of three to a tier two football match. Phenomenally cheap.

So I have done some comparisons for the teams who finished near us last season to compare prices (for my renewal) in comparable seats;

Stoke - £349 Adult, £23 U11, £75 U15 (same price for U11 and U15 anywhere in the stadium) - Total £395 (£17 per game)
Huddersfield - £249 Adult, £49 U11, £109 U16 (All prices anywhere in the stadium) - £347 (£15 per game)

I've added Albion in for context too, which is £349 adult, £23 U17 (same price for U17 anywhere in the stadium) - Total £395 (£17 per game)

I appreciate Blues are offering the cheaper seats in the family stand, which would work out £346 in the lower or £441 in the upper tier, but you have to remember, those seats are limited (not sure on capacity) and mean there is a jump of either £174 or £269 to sit in my seat in the Tilton and I'm guessing similar elsewhere in the ground.

All of those places are further north than Birmingham. Generally everything gets more expensive as you go down the country. Rotherham is the same price.

I just don't think it's that bad. You have had kids, they cost money that can't be news to people. It is very good this year, it was unfathomably excellent last year.

9 quid each per game, or if you didn't want to cherry pick and sat in the family stand which has been created with people like yourself in mind then it is significantly cheaper. You are moaning about something that there is provision for. I just don't see how you can have any complaints whatsoever.

If a full paying adult wanted the seat your kids in that's a huge loss of revenue even at the new prices.

Just a couple of points;

1) You define further north, yet Albion is a couple of miles away and is significanly cheaper than ours. I have also compared Watford (£542), Millwall (£599 standard, cannot find the early bird prices) and Southampton (£599, family stand is like for like with the Tilton) who are very much in the south.
2) The amount of tickets at the £23 offer is limited. I think the Main Stand holds around 5K, split in half that is 2.5K and given an Adult has to be brought with a child, the maxiumum tickets available at £23 is 1,250 . I also cannot see Blues wanting to sell this area out to Season Tickets only either, so I would imagine it's closer to 1K that can be sold.
3) One day, that Child will be an Adult and if we don't bring them in young, I highly doubt they will end up being a regular down at Blues, given most kids support one of the big 4/5 clubs nowadays.
13:08, Wed 14 Jun
Rags

Since "taking kids to football" no longer applies to me (due to years passing) i now hate feckin' kids at football and they should be made to pay full price (if not banned altogether until they are 18) ... and when people say "they are the future" - look at the people taking them, they are the people who will be having the major influence on how they grow up ... and looking at the majority of Blues fans these days i say "no thanks"

some of the above may not be true

None taken !
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:25, Wed 14 Jun
A lot of people are complaining about the price rise of this seasons, season ticket.
I would just like to point out that the cost of the 2021/22 season ticket was more. Not much admittedly , but still more.

Also I would like to comment about my experience of purchasing next seasons ticket.
The lady that served me was right on the ball. Was able to answer all my questions without referral and was very helpful.

Unlike in previous seasons where the staff did seem not able to organise a "P*** in a pissoir".

So with that improvement things definitely appear to be on the up.
14:33, Wed 14 Jun
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
B_C_F_C
brummiestu87
Charcy
brummiestu87
El Mayor
brummiestu87
HackneyBlue

Just a couple of points;

1) You define further north, yet Albion is a couple of miles away and is significanly cheaper than ours. I have also compared Watford (£542), Millwall (£599 standard, cannot find the early bird prices) and Southampton (£599, family stand is like for like with the Tilton) who are very much in the south.
2) The amount of tickets at the £23 offer is limited. I think the Main Stand holds around 5K, split in half that is 2.5K and given an Adult has to be brought with a child, the maxiumum tickets available at £23 is 1,250 . I also cannot see Blues wanting to sell this area out to Season Tickets only either, so I would imagine it's closer to 1K that can be sold.
3) One day, that Child will be an Adult and if we don't bring them in young, I highly doubt they will end up being a regular down at Blues, given most kids support one of the big 4/5 clubs nowadays.

1 Adult and 2 young children.

Birmingham City Home Game £27.
Bears v Worcs Rapids (Family Stand) £31.
Dudley Zoo £40.
Children programme Theatre - Family ticket cheapest (rear seats) £41.
Alton Towers £115.
Drayton Manor £92.
Dinosaurs Alive £60.
Musical Festival £50 to £100+
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
14:43, Wed 14 Jun
Blues have addressed the prices:

3. Benchmarking – last year, Season Ticket prices were reduced to reflect the partial closure of St. Andrew’s. This meant that prices ranked in the bottom five of the division for the average revenue per Season Ticket. For the coming season, the Stadium will be returning to full capacity and Season Ticket prices will return to approximately the same level they were in 2021/22. The new pricing structure will place Blues in mid-table for average ticket prices, with Main Stand prices remaining one of the cheapest across the whole league.

Birmingham City’s Managing Director, Ian Dutton, said: “Last season, we were not able to give supporters the product they deserved, and, therefore, reduced prices accordingly. But as we enter a new era at Blues, these prices are not sustainable. However, we recognise the struggles everyone is experiencing across the country and the Club has realigned its pricing towards the 2021/22 campaign.

“It is vital that we strengthen both on and off the pitch, and our new pricing strategy, coupled with a packed house at St. Andrew’s, will go a long to achieving our goals.”

I don't really know what else they can be expected to do.
If people want good seats there is going to be a cost attached to it.
14:44, Wed 14 Jun
I'm not sure what you're getting at with this, those are individual prices, whereas I could buy 3 annual passes for Alton Towers alone for £297 and go as many times as I want in a year. On top of that, you're comparing an apple with an orange.
14:49, Wed 14 Jun
On a positive note anybody renewed today just asking like .
14:55, Wed 14 Jun
Sheep2

3. Benchmarking – last year, Season Ticket prices were reduced to reflect the partial closure of St. Andrew’s. This meant that prices ranked in the bottom five of the division for the average revenue per Season Ticket. For the coming season, the Stadium will be returning to full capacity and Season Ticket prices will return to approximately the same level they were in 2021/22. The new pricing structure will place Blues in mid-table for average ticket prices, with Main Stand prices remaining one of the cheapest across the whole league.

Birmingham City’s Managing Director, Ian Dutton, said: “Last season, we were not able to give supporters the product they deserved, and, therefore, reduced prices accordingly. But as we enter a new era at Blues, these prices are not sustainable. However, we recognise the struggles everyone is experiencing across the country and the Club has realigned its pricing towards the 2021/22 campaign.

“It is vital that we strengthen both on and off the pitch, and our new pricing strategy, coupled with a packed house at St. Andrew’s, will go a long to achieving our goals.”

I cannot see anywhere where the prices were reduced because of the stands being closed, only that they were reduced due to the cost of living - this is what was said last year;

Commenting on the new prices, Managing Director, Ian Dutton, said: “Given the increase in the cost of living, inflation and price rises elsewhere, we want to do what we can with our Season Tickets to help those who may have struggled to attend matches, based on last year’s prices. We are a working-class club in a working-class city, and we want that reflected in our Club strategy.

“As a Club, we hold our hands up collectively and admit we have let our supporters down in recent seasons. We started last season by relocating fans, with poor communication, and with a substandard matchday experience. Whilst we have made improvements with communication and increased the activities and offerings around the Stadium prior to kick-off, we hope the news on prices further shows our commitment to improving matchdays at St. Andrew’s.

“Birmingham City is a family club, and we want to make sure the next generation of Blues fans are properly looked after going forward. We renamed the Family Zone in honour of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, and we want to pack Arthur’s Area with young supporters. Along with free face-painting and free footballing activities with our Community Trust, season tickets for Under-13s in Arthur’s Area are also free.”

But I appreciate the prices should be going up this year, I don't dispute that at all, but as I keep saying, they've put the prices up by to much for kids in my opinion.
14:59, Wed 14 Jun
Sheep2

I cannot see anywhere where the prices were reduced because of the stands being closed, only that they were reduced due to the cost of living - this is what was said last year;

Commenting on the new prices, Managing Director, Ian Dutton, said: “Given the increase in the cost of living, inflation and price rises elsewhere, we want to do what we can with our Season Tickets to help those who may have struggled to attend matches, based on last year’s prices. We are a working-class club in a working-class city, and we want that reflected in our Club strategy.

“As a Club, we hold our hands up collectively and admit we have let our supporters down in recent seasons. We started last season by relocating fans, with poor communication, and with a substandard matchday experience. Whilst we have made improvements with communication and increased the activities and offerings around the Stadium prior to kick-off, we hope the news on prices further shows our commitment to improving matchdays at St. Andrew’s.

“Birmingham City is a family club, and we want to make sure the next generation of Blues fans are properly looked after going forward. We renamed the Family Zone in honour of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, and we want to pack Arthur’s Area with young supporters. Along with free face-painting and free footballing activities with our Community Trust, season tickets for Under-13s in Arthur’s Area are also free.”

But I appreciate the prices should be going up this year, I don't dispute that at all, but as I keep saying, they've put the prices up by to much for kids in my opinion.

"I cannot see anywhere where the prices were reduced because of the stands being closed,"

Doesn't this say exactly that, in effect ?

"As a Club, we hold our hands up collectively and admit we have let our supporters down in recent seasons. We started last season by relocating fans, with poor communication, and with a substandard matchday experience. Whilst we have made improvements with communication and increased the activities and offerings around the Stadium prior to kick-off, we hope the news on prices further shows our commitment to improving matchdays at St. Andrew’s."

PS ... did you moan about the prices go down ?
15:18, Wed 14 Jun
Rags
Sheep2

"I cannot see anywhere where the prices were reduced because of the stands being closed,"

Doesn't this say exactly that, in effect ?

"As a Club, we hold our hands up collectively and admit we have let our supporters down in recent seasons. We started last season by relocating fans, with poor communication, and with a substandard matchday experience. Whilst we have made improvements with communication and increased the activities and offerings around the Stadium prior to kick-off, we hope the news on prices further shows our commitment to improving matchdays at St. Andrew’s."

PS ... did you moan about the prices go down ?

Yes it does allude to the stands with the rellocating part, but the headline was due to the cost of living, inflation and price rises.

This whole mentalility that fans are 'moaning' is just silly. I am offering constructive criticism around pricing for children and I have offered comparisons of similar teams in this league. Just because someone's opinion differs to yours, doesn't mean they are moaning.