09:28, Mon 6 Nov
It still is funny, a bit of light hearted humour. Especially when he did it 4 times in a row when they bought the subs on. I think the opposing fans know that too. I’m just thinking does it motivate the subs coming on. Remember when we did it for Ronaldo some years ago, then scored the winner I think.
09:34, Mon 6 Nov
Think the early 2000’s was some of the best atmosphere down Blues. When we made it back to the top league and the cup runs. The first half on Saturday had some of that feeling back, then the crowd went a bit quiet second half.
I like that we now dont announce the opposition goal scorers, that used to grind my gears

I don't think we announce the starting XI now when teams are on the pitch?
STD
10:04, Mon 6 Nov
The best atmosphere was against Ipswich play off semis, closely followed by West Ham at home League cup

However, Blues starting the premier league and winning over Spurs 1-0 and then the fans singing we are top of the league was bloody brilliant.

As for the Who? its a bit of fun in a world full of doom and gloom, if you don't like it don't join in.
Moist
10:26, Mon 6 Nov
STD
Yeah Ipswich semi finals and Craig Gardner v West Ham, some of the best.
10:27, Mon 6 Nov
STD
STD
The best atmosphere was against Ipswich play off semis, closely followed by West Ham at home League cup

However, Blues starting the premier league and winning over Spurs 1-0 and then the fans singing we are top of the league was bloody brilliant.

As for the Who? its a bit of fun in a world full of doom and gloom, if you don't like it don't join in.

Agreed, not keen on it personally so ignore it, same as ‘stand up if you love the Blues’. Give that one a miss as well.
12:15, Mon 6 Nov
quicksand
It still is funny, a bit of light hearted humour. Especially when he did it 4 times in a row when they bought the subs on. I think the opposing fans know that too. I’m just thinking does it motivate the subs coming on. Remember when we did it for Ronaldo some years ago, then scored the winner I think.

I seem to remember it really pissed off the Man Utd fans, who thought it was disrespectful. For that reason alone, I'm in.
14:38, Mon 6 Nov
Maybe I've just convinced myself on this one, but I'm thought it all started when Jimmy Haarhoff came on as a sub. It sounded like the tannoy guy said "Jimmy Haha" and I'm sure people around me went "Who?" genuinely wandering who the hell had just come on.
17:37, Mon 6 Nov
I thought we nicked it off Radio One... Mark & Lard's "It's a mystery" competition.

That was certainly on the radio, in the weeks prior to us using it.
Tam
18:08, Mon 6 Nov
I seem to recall that it started of as a genuine 'who?' one day after a sub was announced and there was a general laugh because so many people said it at the same time. I think Keith Laurent was the announcer then - was it 'Bo Hansen - who?' 'Bo Hansen - who? "You heard'. That was pretty funny at the time. I think if you've heard it for nearly thirty years, it can wear a bit thin particularly as there are more subs now, but enough people seem to like it.
Make Blues Great Again
Charcy
the Kevin Langley fan club
Don't feel strongly either way about "who?" but being old-skool it's the pre-match flame throwers and fireworks I could do without - it's not the effing hundred.

Old-skool by definition isn't the future is it? Innovation and progression in all areas will bring in more fans. If that's what you've got to moan about then they're doing a lot right, it can't realistically have any negative impact to your entertainment value.

I was just expressing my opinion that I'm not keen on them and I bet plenty of other aren't either but it's no big deal and you're right it makes no odds to my overall experience once I've had my 30 seconds of cringing.

In your more general point - just because something is 'innovative' it doesn't mean it's good. Conversely old traditional things can also have a high value. Not all change is for the better...
STH on and off since 86. FML.
Charcy
Don't feel strongly either way about "who?" but being old-skool it's the pre-match flame throwers and fireworks I could do without - it's not the effing hundred.

Old-skool by definition isn't the future is it? Innovation and progression in all areas will bring in more fans. If that's what you've got to moan about then they're doing a lot right, it can't realistically have any negative impact to your entertainment value.

I was just expressing my opinion that I'm not keen on them and I bet plenty of other aren't either but it's no big deal and you're right it makes no odds to my overall experience once I've had my 30 seconds of cringing.

In your more general point - just because something is 'innovative' it doesn't mean it's good. Conversely old traditional things can also have a high value. Not all change is for the better...

But old values of not having pyro is not really a value, it's just something not being a thing.

If we were proudly the non flames in a box club ever since someone chucked oil on a fire in the stand then fair enough.

What I would say is the flightcases look shit, they need wrapping.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
I like it, makes me laugh when it's an obscure name, mates who support Ipswich said they thought it was funny too

Just a bit of harmless fun