10:52, Sun 5 Nov
What was going on there? We missed the first few minutes of the game because it was taking them a ridiculously long time to get everyone through the turnstiles. I'd imagine plenty in the queue behind missed the first goal.
11:14, Sun 5 Nov
It was carnage tbh but if there is a message that needs to get back to Wagner it’s that if you can’t get the tech right then you need better people there to manage the situation.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
11:20, Sun 5 Nov
coventrybluenose
It was carnage tbh but if there is a message that needs to get back to Wagner it’s that if you can’t get the tech right then you need better people there to manage the situation.

It doesn’t help when everyone rocks up at 2:55. I was in the GML and I could see the queues were huge when I got there.
11:25, Sun 5 Nov
I was in the GMU yesterday and the turnstile I went through was very stiff and difficult to get through, I know I’m a bit of a wimp but it felt like it needed a bit of oil to loosen it up and I wasn’t the only one to have difficulty with it and it slowed access through it. I arrived relatively early and there was already a queue to get through it
11:27, Sun 5 Nov
Not sure if that wasn’t at least partially caused by the parking situation yesterday. Arrived at 2 to find the secure parking in Arthur St closed. Drove around for about 15 minutes to find some street parking but it seemed a lot busier than usual. Ended up about 15 mins walk from the ground. No bid deal for me was still in the ground at 2:40.
We were in the GMU queue at 2:30 and the scanners had stopped working efficiently then and the queue developed from that point.

I was amazed though at the number of supporters that were in the wrong queue although the signage isn’t clear tbh.

My point is that no one was taking charge of the situation and the turnstile operators were unable to cope. There are too many young kids without the experience to deal with such circumstances in my view.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Also doesn't help when you have only two or three turnstiles open and six or seven clowns outside in hi viz jackets doing nothing with three more hiding behind the gates.

Technology ? It's crca 1950's !

Took me 20 minutes to get in , I arrived at 14:45
11:53, Sun 5 Nov
Andy62
I was in the GMU yesterday and the turnstile I went through was very stiff and difficult to get through, I know I’m a bit of a wimp but it felt like it needed a bit of oil to loosen it up and I wasn’t the only one to have difficulty with it and it slowed access through it. I arrived relatively early and there was already a queue to get through it
They’ve been like that since we went up there for a season in 21/22. Absolute joke and difficult for some to open and oh so easy to fix. I mentioned it every game and Eff all was done
Tony Fantastico
14:16, Sun 5 Nov
Yes, the signage is ridiculous, nothing to denote which turnstiles are for lower tier and which are for upper.

Consequently loads of fans are wrongly queuing outside the upper tier turnstiles, for which there are only 3, and as someone has mentioned, one of those is extremely stiff to push through.

The signage is simple to remedy: big effing signs above the two sets of turnstiles, one saying UPPER one saying LOWER.

sort it out Blues ffs

Also, it would be helpful if a steward was positioned outside the entrance gate to advise fans which set of turnstiles to use as they arrive
14:18, Sun 5 Nov
When we were there the queues tended to overlap at busy times as well.
Tony Fantastico
14:18, Sun 5 Nov
Are we the only club in the Championship that don't have scan-your-own turnstiles?
14:19, Sun 5 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Andy62
They’ve been like that since we went up there for a season in 21/22. Absolute joke and difficult for some to open and oh so easy to fix. I mentioned it every game and Eff all was done

So… here’s the thing. As I understand it, the club are aware of it and it’s not easy to fix at all.
14:21, Sun 5 Nov
Yep, it’s shocking. The Baggies game was a mess, no lighting, people everywhere, all felt a bit unsafe.

When you go to other stadiums it makes you realise how appalling some areas of our ground are.

Hopefully it’s something the new regime will remedy in time, understand the priority this year is getting the stands back open but I would hope they are noting this stuff.
14:22, Sun 5 Nov
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
Andy62

So… here’s the thing. As I understand it, the club are aware of it and it’s not easy to fix at all.
They will be aware of it for sure. I made sure of that as would others. If oil doesn’t solve the issue putting a new turnstile in seems an easy fix to me though
Tony Fantastico
14:24, Sun 5 Nov
MNafti
Yep, it’s shocking. The Baggies game was a mess, no lighting, people everywhere, all felt a bit unsafe.

When you go to other stadiums it makes you realise how appalling some areas of our ground are.

Hopefully it’s something the new regime will remedy in time, understand the priority this year is getting the stands back open but I would hope they are noting this stuff.
The lighting is a major issue tbh. Another thing the club have to be aware of. Someone will get hurt.
Another reason to move though. All along the back of the Main Stand side is cramped and not really fit for purpose
Tony Fantastico