10:57, Sun 5 Nov
Surprised there hasn’t been more comment about Sunjic being in the team and Bielik not - as Bielik has been thought of as one of our most important players. What do people think?
11:01, Sun 5 Nov
newblue
Surprised there hasn’t been more comment about Sunjic being in the team and Bielik not - as Bielik has been thought of as one of our most important players. What do people think?

I think Rooney is unhappy with Bielik’s level of fitness.
11:02, Sun 5 Nov
Not a surprise for me. Bielik not suited to high intensity press game, it suits Sunjic far more. Ultimately we’re gonna need better than Sunjic but for now he’s a starter in my opinion.
11:05, Sun 5 Nov
Big change around that if it happens…
11:07, Sun 5 Nov
Midfield was spot on yesterday I thought, Bielik will have to earn his place back.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:14, Sun 5 Nov
Think he was poor when he came on too
Gazball?
11:14, Sun 5 Nov
Looking at how we played yesterday, it wasn’t so much about passing as it was high-intensity pressing. If we’re doing that, Sunjic is much more suited. He’s probably the fittest player in the squad.
11:16, Sun 5 Nov
Surprised he wasn’t starting but sunjics performance justified it, even the two woefully misplaced passes in the space of 10 seconds

Played well generally. I thought Jordan James had a very decent game too
11:18, Sun 5 Nov
Good point. Bielik is a good footballer who can also play centre half......
11:38, Sun 5 Nov
He’s a player more suited with the team playing deep possibly? I think he’s a neat player who looks after the ball without being a particularly ‘progressive’ passer - but I do think he doesn’t hunt the ball as energetically and maybe moves it a bit slowly? One of the key things we need to improve is the pace we move the ball at.
11:44, Sun 5 Nov
Barring a couple of errors late on that no doubt creeped in from fatigue, I thought Sunjic had a cracking game yesterday.

Like many on here, I was of the opinion that the subs had to be made given the intensity we were playing at, but Bielik's introduction was one of the ones that hurt us the most.

As soon as he came on, the lack of legs in midfield was noticeable and he consistently let them run at him, rather than being on the front foot and looking to break up play.

I think it's going to be very hard for him to get back into a team that plays with a high press and I wouldn't be surprised to see Craig G looking at options in the middle of the park come January.
11:55, Sun 5 Nov
Tilton Rifle
Good point. Bielik is a good footballer who can also play centre half......

Yeah, I think in the long term Bielik will end up as a what we used to call a sweeper.
The cold never bothered me anyway
12:07, Sun 5 Nov
Bielik doesn’t press like Sunjic. Sunjic without the ball is brilliant but not so good with the ball. When JJ is on his game he’s more mobile than Bielik and can pick a pass too.

It’ll be JJ and Sunjic for a while as they suit WR’s methods more imo.
12:18, Sun 5 Nov
newblue

It's really simple - Sunjic can run, Bielik can't

And you won't play in this team if you can't run
12:22, Sun 5 Nov
Most teams who aspire (some more aspiring than others admittedly) to be any good play a pressing, high intensity game though. Strange that Bielik was a ‘key’ player a short while back if he can’t run?