Nigh-on 21000 pretty decent I think given
* we're still not 'fully open',
* lost 3 on the spin, nobody was expecting anything other than a defeat
* higher ticket prices
* "Meh" opposition
* Effing atrocious weather
* Recent Rooney controversy
* A decade of averaging c.16-18000

Shows things are on the up despite recent blips IMO.
STH on and off since 86. FML.
Bizarre to read on facebook some Blues having a go at the fans that didn't turn up when they showed some spare seats in Tilton.

21000 is decent for time of year and circumstances.

Lets build on that, decent 70 minutes turning into decent 90 minutes will get us up to 24000 (if capacity allows) easy
Onel Hernandez
Bizarre to read on facebook some Blues having a go at the fans that didn't turn up when they showed some spare seats in Tilton.

Lets build on that, decent 70 minutes turning into decent 90 minutes will get us up to 24000 (if capacity allows) easy

Blues FB being nobs? Who knew. 👍
Yes I agree, was decent enough that.

Re the fans, I'm currently sat watching Norwich supporters booing their own team inside the first twenty minutes of their game against Blackburn. Food for thought perhaps for those that perpetuate this myth that Blues fans are somehow the worst.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
the Kevin Langley fan club

15-22k ?
666VAN
the Kevin Langley fan club

15-22k ?

I should've said our overall cumulative average for the decade. Point taken about it being higher in specific seasons.

Fwiw In the 8 seasons from leek lark taking over to COVID hitting and the capacity restrictions kicking in, we averaged fractionally over 18000.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I still think 21000 yesterday is positive given that and all the other factors at play I mentioned.👍
Onel Hernandez

There were loads of spare seats in the GMU and lower Tilton as mentioned and lower cop not open

It was busy on the train in (stratford line) around the ground and in the pubs so i was a bit disappointed to see so many spare seats. My worry is that unless we are up there fighting for promotion we wont fill the ground. If we just do ok then it's looking like we needn't worry too much about getting the lower kop open
Better than the 11,000 at Luton.
20:08, Sun 5 Nov
Onel we have always been a bit slow to pick up when we are beginning to get a more positive situation.54/55 season we beat Port Vale 7-2 16000,Liverpool on the end of a 9-1 thrashing 17000 it wasn’t until towards the end of the season when we were looking at 30000 odd.
20:10, Sun 5 Nov
When fans start to believe we will have big attendances.
20:47, Sun 5 Nov
Mad Blue
When fans start to believe we will have big attendances.

We can attract big crowds but we should make it a day’s entertainment with Beer markees and music outside the stadium.

Go to Twickenham and watch England play Rugby it’s a fantastic day out in the Supporters park.

All types of Food and alcohol available to buy and a great atmosphere.
21:02, Sun 5 Nov
That type of thing will happen when we move. We have 3 stands where it’s near impossible now
Tony Fantastico
21:04, Sun 5 Nov
Even getting 20,000 average this season will be a 25% increase on last season. It’s probably one of the key metrics that Cook will need to meet.

I think that we can average over 20,000 just on the enthusiasm for the new ownership but to maintain or increase that again we need to be seeing results and performances. Yesterday we got the performance but not the result but the results will follow the performances.
we used to get 25k in the season Redknapp started as our manger

same the following season under Monk

average attendance for those years was probably mid to low 20;s

21k isnt great