19:39, Sun 12 Nov
We need to have faith in Rooney as our manager.

Like many many others, when the manager change was announced i questioned the appointment - because when you look at his managerial achievements so far, there is nothing to give any indication that he was the right person to appoint to help Blues "kick on" from 6th place.

I also questioned whether he had the right leadership qualities to create a team bond and make the players "greater than the sum of the individual parts" (ie where we were at the point he took over because, to be honest, Eustace had over-achieved with the players available )

I also remarked that, whilst i recognise the importance of having a "winning mentality", Rooney's management stats don't actually show any "winning ability".

Like many others who raised the same questions i was told that i was "anti-Blues", and "feck off to Villa Park" or that "Eustace wasn't the messiah" (weird, because that was something i'd never claimed).

Subsequently, despite being incredibly disappointed whenever Blues lose (it triggers memories of losing to Fulham in the FA semi-final .... still !!) i was accused of "wanting Blues to lose" just so i could be proven right.

Yet i desperately want Rooney to be a success - because if Rooney is seen as "succesful at Blues" it means Blues are being successful, and that's all i ever want.

So, after a while, ... i thought i'd revisit the words of Garry Cook and i read about "world class appointment", "no fear football", "winning mentality" and "Blues are on the rise" ...

... and i got it. I really did !!

... I should have been ignoring what i saw with my own eyes, ignoring the stats, ignoring the evidence, and even ignoring my own experiences of building and leading teams in business.

What i needed was "faith" ... defined as "firm and absolute belief and conviction in something for which there is no proof"

and i remembered my two favourite quotes about faith

"In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't." - Blaise Pascal.

"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe." - Voltaire.

So i KNOW things look bad

Linked Image

... but we need to have faith, because when there is no evidence to back up your beliefs, that is what you have - faith !!

and that, fellow Blues fans is, in my very humble opinion, "Why we need to have faith in Rooney"
19:43, Sun 12 Nov
Thanks
19:44, Sun 12 Nov
My Blue Heaven
Thanks

Rags has got his crayons out
19:46, Sun 12 Nov
Thanks

That's okay ... i'm firmly sticking with the "winning mentality" and refusing to resort to the "excuse mentality" that people who speak about "the last five games being "difficult" go on about
19:46, Sun 12 Nov
Thanks for the sermon, you are 100% correct, he is our manager the board will back him and we must do the same. Rooney is attempting front foot high pressing whereas I want dinosaur lump it forward, Mark Roberts long throws to a mobile number 9. Life gives us lots of sorrows so we carry on until the joys arrive.
19:48, Sun 12 Nov
Thanks for the sermon, you are 100% correct, he is our manager the board will back him and we must do the same. Rooney is attempting front foot high pressing whereas I want dinosaur lump it forward, Mark Roberts long throws to a mobile number 9. Life gives us lots of sorrows so we carry on until the joys arrive.
#
You're absolutely right - we need to ignore all the evidence we see, all the information and statistics that don't back up what we are told, and have "faith".
Tam
19:48, Sun 12 Nov
I think my attitude is more 'support' than 'faith' at the moment, but as usual, hoping to be proved wrong.
Make Blues Great Again
19:51, Sun 12 Nov
Tam
I think my attitude is more 'support' than 'faith' at the moment, but as usual, hoping to be proved wrong.

Faith ... !!!

Faith and Hope and Charity
One for you, one for me
Money doesn't grow on trees
... but babies come from ladies

This shall be our mantra ..

20:05, Sun 12 Nov

Or if you’re a human of impeccable taste:

Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:08, Sun 12 Nov
I'm glad you're on board with the Faith movement

just one caveat though ... you don't have to touch his body - we can skip that part
20:13, Sun 12 Nov
I’d probably rather touch George Michael’s current body than Rooney’s tbf.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:16, Sun 12 Nov
Super Hans

Or if you’re a human of impeccable taste:

Perhaps the worlds second best cover after Deftones showing Duran Duran how it’s done.
22:27, Sun 12 Nov
Signs are not good at all but its amazing what a single win can do for confidence. The Sheff Weds game is key to quite a few fans like myself who are sitting on the fence. I think it could be the game that turns the tide. In that sense I still have faith, blind or otherwise.
23:49, Sun 12 Nov
Sounds like the Brexiters who let us believe in Sunny Uplands and Pink Unicorns.

At present the season has been Roo-ined.
23:53, Sun 12 Nov
I’m hoping to be struck by lightning on the long, long road to Damascus.