10:37, Mon 13 Nov
Everyone is saying there is little scope for new players in the January transfer window.

I do wonder if we will see some wheeling and dealing.

Firstly we have several with just 6 months left on contract.
Etheridge, Long, M Roberts, Sunjic, Gardner, Juke and Hogan are prime examples.

There’s been no appetite in the past but the players now only have 6 months left. They may be willing to settle for a smaller payoff if they can get fixed up with an longer contract in Jan elsewhere rather than be in the mixer this summer. Also freeing up some budget if we shift them out on maybe 30% -50% of what we owe them.

I actually think there are very few Rooney would definitely want to keep. Perhaps Laird, Buchanan, James, Hall.

You would think summer recruits like Dembele, Myoshi, Sanderson and Bielik would have perhaps been ran by WR but I’m not sure if anyone of these is a player WR sees as vital.

There’s players like Bacuna and Longelo that other clubs may fancy taking a punt on.

Ruddy has had interest before which may mean a new keeper is possible.

We also have the loans…you’d imagine they’ll be here for the year.

Tyler Roberts lets hope he comes back fully fit.

I think we will see 3/4 come in Jan and a few going out….possibly some surprises in that too.
10:41, Mon 13 Nov
Everyone is saying there is little scope for new players in the January transfer window.

There’s been no appetite in the past but the players now only have 6 months left. They may be willing to settle for a smaller payoff if they can get fixed up with an longer contract in Jan elsewhere rather than be in the mixer this summer. Also freeing up some budget if we shift them out on maybe 30% -50% of what we owe them.

I actually think there are very few Rooney would definitely want to keep. Perhaps Laird, Buchanan, James, Hall.

You would think summer recruits like Dembele, Myoshi, Sanderson and Bielik would have perhaps been ran by WR but I’m not sure if anyone of these is a player WR sees as vital.

There’s players like Bacuna and Longelo that other clubs may fancy taking a punt on.

I think we will see 3/4 come in Jan and a few going out….possibly some surprises in that too.

Apologies if i've misunderstood - but you think Rooney only wants "Laird, Buchanan, James, Hall." out of the entire squad ?
10:45, Mon 13 Nov
Ayeayeoppyoppyaye

It's just over 2 months since the summer transfer window ended, when the majority of fans were saying that we had THE best squad that we'd had for many seasons. And now there's only 4 in the whole squad that you think Rooney would want to keep??? BTW, do we actually have any money to spend in the January window, to enhance the squad with players who Rooney is going to fancy?
the king loves me
10:46, Mon 13 Nov
duplicate post
the king loves me
10:50, Mon 13 Nov
Rags

Apologies if i've misunderstood - but you think Rooney only wants "Laird, Buchanan, James, Hall." out of the entire squad ?

Yes you’ve misunderstood

I think there are 4 he would see as players he 100% wants and would want here in 2 windows time

I think he also wants the loans

As I said I imagine a lot of the summer recruits have been ran by him and he would be happy with

HOWEVER if he sees a new centre back, a 6 a keeper as urgent would he be willing to compromise and let some players that he’d be happy to work with go.
10:52, Mon 13 Nov
Very little apparently hence why money would need to be generated or freed up if WR saw some essential surgery needed in Jan.
11:03, Mon 13 Nov
Also you seemed startled he may only fancy 4 players

Next summer once the deadwood and loans return we will have I think 11 senior experienced pros

The squad will change hugely by next season

Take out the 6 months left players and the loans and we have off the top of my head

Laird
Sanderson
Buchanan
Longelo
Bielik
James
Bacuna
Myoshi
Dembele
Tyler Roberts
Hall

That’s 11 players

Then kids like Oakley etc

The squad is gonna look massively different next year

All I’m saying is he may sacrifice a couple of those 11 in Jan to get his players in. But not in my opinion Laird, Buchanan, Hall or James. Others may be seen as dispensable to him to sort what he views as bigger issues.
12:01, Mon 13 Nov
Nobody in their right mind would take Ruddy...
12:28, Mon 13 Nov
could get a couple of million for Bielik

money in also for JJ, same for dembele

that would give him a bit of wriggle room for some jan additions
13:24, Mon 13 Nov
Didn't Bielik cost £500k?

Why would teams be willing to spend 2mil on him when they couldn't stretch to 500k (if true)?

If all the above is true then I think you are overvaluing him.

Teams will likely have less budget now as well. I'd love it to happen but I can't see it.
13:28, Mon 13 Nov
who would want to come if our league position doesn't improve much ?
As it is almost certain that the likes of Etheridge, Long, M Roberts, Sunjic, Gardner, Juke and Hogan will be all departing in the summer, it makes perfect sense to fast track their departure, this gives some wriggle room in January for wheeling and dealing.

I would be surprised if negotiations are not already in place, in the case of M Roberts and Sunjic I would be happy to retain, obviously on contracts that would be more in line with their worth as part of the squad.
this place is truly bonkers sometimes
Chris
this place is truly bonkers sometimes

What? You don’t think he will look to move a few on and perhaps even sacrifice some he’d be willing to keep.

Last time someone on here called me mad was August when I predicted Rooney as our new manager due to his connections with Cook….let’s see what happens January

But I feel it makes sense to speed up departure of dead wood if possible to make wriggle room….and perhaps he will even sell a couple he’d be happy to work with to strengthen the positions he feels are vital

What is mad about that?