11:25, Mon 13 Nov
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes an update on injury stricken starlet George Hall

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Old Spooner, the Teflon Don, seems to survive all the upheavals. Does he go his own way or is the playing style of the younger teams dictated by the first team coaches.

If they are playing to a template set by Rooney et al it’s interesting that they’ve won 4 on the trot, conceding none.

Does anybody know?
11:42, Mon 13 Nov
Old Spooner, the Teflon Don, seems to survive all the upheavals. Does he go his own way or is the playing style of the younger teams dictated by the first team coaches.

If they are playing to a template set by Rooney et al it’s interesting that they’ve won 4 on the trot, conceding none.

Does anybody know?

Cook said, for definite, that all teams, across the board, would adopt the same outlook and "winning mentality"
11:43, Mon 13 Nov
Tha Project OBE

Does anybody know?

I believe they're trying to play to the template, but without seeing the actual game it's difficult to know for sure.
11:46, Mon 13 Nov
We’ve produced some good youngsters, not all of whom we’ve been able to keep. Hope we can in the future.
11:49, Mon 13 Nov
I would be cautious reading too much into u21 results.

The quality of opposition can vary wildly; sometimes we'll face an u21 side made up of u18 players (something Blues often fielded last season); sometimes we'll fqce an u21 side made up of rehabbing first teamers etc.

The one positive I can see this season is that our u21 side is pretty settled, which means players are playing consistently in set positions. However, while it's good Dixon and Donovan (and tbf Sahid Kamara) are all scoring consistently, I'd need to see them for myself to be convinced they're in any way ready for the first team.

I think we'll see a few players out on loan from January from the 21s, which will be a good thing to prepare them further.
11:52, Mon 13 Nov

The quality of opposition can vary wildly; sometimes we'll face an u21 side made up of u18 players (something Blues often fielded last season); sometimes we'll fqce an u21 side made up of rehabbing first teamers etc.

The one positive I can see this season is that our u21 side is pretty settled, which means players are playing consistently in set positions. However, while it's good Dixon and Donovan (and tbf Sahid Kamara) are all scoring consistently, I'd need to see them for myself to be convinced they're in any way ready for the first team.

I think we'll see a few players out on loan from January from the 21s, which will be a good thing to prepare them further.

Before sending them out on loan why not play them all against Sheffield Wednesday ? It's a game we can't lose and the experience will do them good
11:53, Mon 13 Nov
Rags

Before sending them out on loan why not play them all against Sheffield Wednesday ? It's a game we can't lose and the experience will do them good

You can keep casting your net Rags, but I ain't biting.
11:54, Mon 13 Nov
You are right of course, it’s an almighty jump from that level to the Championship, let alone higher. We have produced quite a lot of players who have done ok in this league, higher, and made a career in football generally (Odin Bailey scored the other day!). Plus had s few poached or have gone. I think it’s been one of the few positives in the last decade, and if we can improve in that we are headed in the right direction. Hall may well come in, that would be 2 of our youngsters in the team.